Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for something new and different? Consider...

RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451

Burnt out on today's "more of the same" MMO's?   Or maybe just waiting until the next game you want to play comes out in 2013?  Consider trying something different!  We're looking for a few more players to join our Magic the Gathering league.  For those not familiar with MtG --

Magic the Gathering (MtG) is a fantasy multiplayer strategy card game.  The version we play is electronic/online and 100% free.  Playing the game involves carefully crafting a deck of cards (from a selection of over 13,000~!), in other words, deciding what creatures and spells you want to include, and then battling vs other players, either 1v1 or in various other modes.

New players (or even players just new to the online version) need not fear, we are happy to help you get setup with the programs you need as well as teach you the game.  We're friendly and mature and anyone who would like to join needs to be the same!  For ease of play, we also ask that you have a microphone and ventrilo (or be willing to install the free program, we have our own server).

Our leagues run one month long each, and we often provide small prizes to the winners.  If you would like to join, learn how to play, or have any questions, just reply here or send me a PM.  Thanks for reading!

Comments

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    I dont know about MtG but most of the other card games I tried you were so severely crippled by your starter deck that it just wasn't much fun......Most of them wanted you to buy more cards right away so you could compete.
  • RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451
    I know exactly what you mean Theocritus!   Fortunately the version we play is 100% free and all players have access to exactly the same pool of cards.  No one has any unfair advantages due to spending money, no grinding out credits to slowly be able to get a new card, etc.  
  • RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Update: Still have a couple slots left!  If you never tried Magic in its paper heyday, now's your chance!  Returning vets who don't want to spend thousands of dollars are also welcome, haha.