Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Wednesday, August 31. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

Finally quit them all

ScarfeScarfe londonPosts: 281Member

I was desperately looking for an MMO to spend a bit of time on.  I tried new ones, retried old ones, and persuaded myself for a little while that I was enjoying them before logging out and moving onto another.  After my latest brief foray back into RaiderZ it has finally dawned on me that I could be doing better stuff with my time, so I have just uninstalled all of them.  

Likewise I might just lose this account as well since I find myself getting drawn into arguments that, when I take a step back, I realise I truly do not care about either way.   Yet, for example, I'll find myself sitting and writing about the virtues or pitfuls of GW2 at length.  Why do I care?  I don't even play it, and after my purge it is no longer even on my hard drive.  

Anyway, I am off to write the Chronicles of Scarfe.  Maybe you'll see it in a bookstore near you.  Laters.  

< Formerly Scarfe

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

Comments

• MontaronxMontaronx SchiedamPosts: 267Member Uncommon
    Cya around mate :)

• DecadentiaDecadentia Saint John, NBPosts: 464Member

I have an annual cycle, and what you just described is in it.

-Be incredibly bored, look for video games

-Spend a lot of time looking for a game, discussing games, but playing little

-Go from game to game until I find something that hooks me

-Play the game a lot and... feel guilty for all the time I sink into it... realize I could do something better with my time

-Stop playing and do other hobbies/life things like guitar/writing/more time with the girlfriend/work/school

I'm 28 now, and I've progressively been playing fewer video games as I've aged. It happens to most people, life just gets busy.

Point is, I know how you feel, and best of luck to you.

• outfctrloutfctrl Jacksonville, FLPosts: 3,619Member Uncommon

Can I have your stuff?

Sorry, had to say that.

;-)

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Field of GloryPosts: 1,015Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by outfctrl
    Can I have your stuff? Sorry, had to say that. ;-)

rofl!