Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where to start????

DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
Hey all, so I downloaded the game and created a character but the game seems to be pretty vague. I was wondering what I should be looking to do as a new player to get started. Another question I have is does the game have any voice acting or just text. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ObiClownobiObiClownobi Member Posts: 186
    Originally posted by DaezAster
    Hey all, so I downloaded the game and created a character but the game seems to be pretty vague. I was wondering what I should be looking to do as a new player to get started. Another question I have is does the game have any voice acting or just text. Thanks in advance.

Start with the guide quests, they will show you what is in the game, after that do what's fun for you.

"It's a sandbox, if you are not willing to create a castle then all you have is sand" - jtcgs

• Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Originally posted by DaezAster

Like Obi said follow the main storyline quests and the school quests to introduce you to some of the UI and gameplay. The guides section of the main website can fill in a few details. http://www.ageofwushu.com/guide/ I recommend reading the subjects "First Time in Jainghu", "Novice Strategy", and "Dive Into The Martial Arts".

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576
    to answer the other question just text that I have seen so far through GCC. Second instance.
  • DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Well I gave it a bit of a spin and have to say I'm digging it. Really like the feel of the moves and how you can stringem together, especially in the air. Will dig deeper but it seems like I might have to grab this one up. Only thing that bothered my was the lack of voices and not just for dialogues but even just little atmospheric voices would do wonders. Felt a bit mute playing, hope they add some even if its just a grunty acknowledgement or hello to add some personality. I do love how npc's respond to every bump or trampling horse.  Overall pretty cool game so far to me....
  • mrBurns210mrBurns210 Member Posts: 114

Basically you have ch1 story followed by school story. Following the school story will take you to the guy that will teach the other school fighting styles, you need inner school meditation level to be 10 in order to get all 3 fighting styles.

Choosing a school is currently permanent ( I heard some patch down the road this may change) So i advise creating alts through seperate accounts to try out the different schools and do read up on them.