Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

O_O eek scary sub population!

XirikXirik Member UncommonPosts: 440

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/F2P-Time-to-be-a-griefer?page=1

so it appears that when FTP arrives and you decide to roll on a PVP server you are going to get griefed to hell and back. Hopefully they don't touch people who buy the game just before hand and have the founders title under there name.

I really don't understand there logic. they hate FTP players so they are going to basically ruin there fun. This is going to cause lots of the people that are just trying the game to just uninstall and hate on the game.  If they love the game so much shouldn't they welcome the new players and treat them nicely so feel like the sub is worth the investment? then that virus that they are killing turns into one of them!

"You have some serious mental issues you may need to seek some help for. There are others who post things, but do not post them in the way you do. Out of every person who posts crazy shit in this forum, you have some of the craziest and scariest" -FarReach

Comments

• mWo4lifemWo4life Member Posts: 119
    There are always pve servers. And if you are on pvp one, you can always change channel to something else than 1 minimize risk of being attacked.
  • sardaukar101sardaukar101 Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Well, I am on the pvp server and there are always gankers on every channel. So there's no escape. I might gank too just for gaining infamy.
  • JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257
    There are no rules on pvp servers, if people are tired of getting killed, ganked and camped then role on a pve server. Simple really. You'll find a lot of people dont deal in logic or common sense, its annoying yes but thats part of being stupid. Oops! I mean Human! ;P
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    It's not just subs that are going to do this. In any open pvp game you get gankers. When Tera first came out there were groups of reds who just camped low level areas for fun, but then there was the opposite, high level groups who went around killing the red groups. Roll on a pve server if you have issues with that type of thing.
  • GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Yeah the PKing is going to be insane when the game goes free.

Then again if you don't like open world PvP/Pking there's no point in going to a PvP server.

PvE servers have battlegrounds/deathmatches/duels aswell.

• Reas43Reas43 Member Posts: 297
    Originally posted by Xirik

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/F2P-Time-to-be-a-griefer?page=1

so it appears that when FTP arrives and you decide to roll on a PVP server you are going to get griefed to hell and back. Hopefully they don't touch people who buy the game just before hand and have the founders title under there name.

I really don't understand there logic. they hate FTP players so they are going to basically ruin there fun. This is going to cause lots of the people that are just trying the game to just uninstall and hate on the game.  If they love the game so much shouldn't they welcome the new players and treat them nicely so feel like the sub is worth the investment? then that virus that they are killing turns into one of them!

LOL.  I'd pay them no mind.  A few of those kids are nerd raging, others are into griefing but if you keep exploring the PvP community you'll also find people and guilds who like to play "shining knights" or whatever and go hunting those who hunt lowbies.  It's the way of the open PvP servers.  I'm sure people who are into that will enjoy the new dynamics in the ecosystem.  it's like seeing a major change in a local environment and see the local species restruggle around. 

• VenomaniaVenomania Member Posts: 40
    Just change Channel...
  • jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

Who hates F2Pers? Cant be the company that made the game because they got the funding to make this game from their F2P games...

and if its the players...then they are fools for subbing for a game that was not only made by companies that got rich off of F2P games, but subbing to a game that IS F2P quality. The game was trashed in Asia a year before its release in the west, it was a game known for its poor story and bland gameplay and they said back then, the game is only being released to get as much money out of people as they can before it was going to be brought to F2P like it should have been from the start.

Let the griefers, grief...they need to let out the frustration of being milked for so much money. Real F2Pers wont be bothered by it, it will just fuel them to drive the subbers out, the metal of F2P gamers is far stronger as they are used to Asian PvP games where its far more brutal.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    And people wonder why I don't like admitting to liking pvp in games.  Because far too many of the people that take part in pvp.  What's a nice way to put it.  Are loud mouth idiots.  I've read about 18 pages of that thread, and words just can not describe how utterly friggin embarassing it is. I like PvP and OWPvP but I sure as hell don't want to be associated with most of the other people that also enjoy it. Time and time again everytime the vocal part of pvp community opens their mouths, it does nothing but makes anyone with any love for pvp look like complete asses.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Its just a small group of people, truthfully most are already doing this as it is to current players anyways.
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by jtcgs

Let the griefers, grief...they need to let out the frustration of being milked for so much money. Real F2Pers wont be bothered by it, it will just fuel them to drive the subbers out, the metal of F2P gamers is far stronger as they are used to Asian PvP games where its far more brutal.

Yeah exactly. Also all it will do is just drive the F2Pers to hack the crap out of the game and griefers get ganked in reverse and leave game.

The problem with stupid people is, they often can't foresee the consequences of their own actions, lol.

• PostcardsPostcards Member Posts: 105

There are actually a lot more people who are going to be doing this than you think.

EME will also be opening up more servers so people can always roll on those instead to start off fresh.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

So thats where all the MMO trash went!, hanging out in Tera the whole time were you XD.

That community reminds me of a movie I saw with the population of an entire world screaming at the night sky together, NEWS FLASH the universe didnt hear you XD

• MMOdad72MMOdad72 Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by Postcards

There are actually a lot more people who are going to be doing this than you think.

EME will also be opening up more servers so people can always roll on those instead to start off fresh.

Curious if this is definite , and will these be no transfer servers ? Would like to try TERA again on fresh servers without high level transfers coming in etc.

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

Fortunately there are a few voices of reason there, but it seems like most people in that thread are immature children.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

Originally posted by Kaerigan

Fortunately there are a few voices of reason there, but it seems like most people in that thread are immature children.

This is in their Q&A

Q: Will there be new servers when TERA changes to free?

A: Yes we plan on opening up new servers, actual numbers, types and names will be coming later.
    --

Q: What are the plans for server transfers?

A: They are free for now and will continue to be available at launch.

I haven't read the entirety of the thread in question but I saw one or two names and I just ignored it becuase those two are pretty vigorous forum trolls.  Wouldn't mind them for the reasons stated elsewhere in this thread.  If they actually cross the boudary from occasional PKing into griefing there will be bans. 

I'd just roll a PvE server if that type of behavior is an issue.  For my part I'll probably be rolling a new PvP character on official launch day (oh, but I WILL be using my Founder title hehehe)

• PostcardsPostcards Member Posts: 105
    There will be a few PKK around as well. The more people in a zone will also cause more channels to open up. Just like when the game was new, Lumbertown will end up being a battlefield for the level 60s. A lot of new players will get caught in the crossfire.
  • mochipixelsmochipixels Member UncommonPosts: 144

Community always scared me - and I was on a PvE server :P

Back when I was playing Tera, I had a couple of decent people to quest with but overall Tera's community was one of the most trollish I've come accross in an MMO  :(

• MalamasalaMalamasala Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    Its just a small group of people, truthfully most are already doing this as it is to current players anyways.

It is also most of the people who said that if they didn't like what EME was doing, they'd quietly leave the game in silence. Or the same people who swore that P2P Tera had the best community ever. Or the people who promised censoring Elins was the only way for Tera to not die and go F2P.

It is kind of funny how it is these people who keep killing the game by their selfish actions.

Originally posted by Malamasala
    Originally posted by Purutzil

It is also most of the people who said that if they didn't like what EME was doing, they'd quietly leave the game in silence. Or the same people who swore that P2P Tera had the best community ever. Or the people who promised censoring Elins was the only way for Tera to not die and go F2P.

It is kind of funny how it is these people who keep killing the game by their selfish actions.

It was so nice for those couple of months the creepy "EME is evil because they keep me from seeing the inner thighs of my Elin" crew were gone. 

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

as anti-social as this is... when you roll on a PvP server you know the risks... If the devs did not want for this to happen they would design a system that keept newbies safe... Now it will be up to the community to keep it self safe.

Then again i would not set my foot on a PvP server unless i got a good salery out of it.

This have been a good conversation

• Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Originally posted by mochipixels

Community always scared me - and I was on a PvE server :P

Back when I was playing Tera, I had a couple of decent people to quest with but overall Tera's community was one of the most trollish I've come accross in an MMO  :(

I agree. The vocal crowd on the forums are the PvPers too, which from my experience being on Dragonfall at launch are way worse than the typical Tera crowd. I moved over to Celestial Hills and it was much better over there. Wasn't forced to RP even though I was open to it, but there was much less troll chat flooding the channels. Of course, if I were ever to queue up for a dungeon I'd have to deal with the ridicule of the rest of the group because I was on a RP server with their stigma of "OMG, GTFO RP NEWB!" Sucked for them I was the tank and actually good so they couldn't kick me.

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger