Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you pay 60$ for the new expansion?

Comments

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by Volkon
    Originally posted by JR4D

I voted no. Still to this day, I dont know what the point of playing this game is all about.

Oh, that's easy.

To have fun.

Why else would you play a game? If it's not fun for you, so be it, best of luck finding one you enjoy. But that's the point after all... having fun.

That's funny.

That's like if someone asks, why do you eat at the Olive Garden?

and they reply with "to get full"

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    60 is to much for expansion, but yes I'll buy it.
  • Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Didnt "finish" the first, why pay for an expansion?
  • Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

I dunno, would you pay $60 for whats in the backseat of my truck?

You've given about the same amount of information on whats being purchased, which is really, nothing.

Sort of a ridiculous poll, all it does it make another thread for those that don't like the game to chime in, and those that love it to do the same, while the rest think its a pretty silly question.

/shrug

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by grimal

I voted no. Still to this day, I dont know what the point of playing this game is all about.

Oh, that's easy.

To have fun.

Why else would you play a game? If it's not fun for you, so be it, best of luck finding one you enjoy. But that's the point after all... having fun.

That's funny.

You don't play to  have fun? Is there some mystical reason I'm missing? I'm confuzzled now.

When I eat at Olive Garden, btw, it's because I like it. With good people, I have fun there even if it's just the conversation. Same with GW2. I like it and I therefore I have fun. Now... liking it isn't reason enough... I like Eve Online for example, but I stopped having fun. Still a damned good game, just no longer what I'm into. Same with WoW... had a blast raiding Ulduar and the like, but as Cata was approaching it stopped being fun for me. 

Oderint, dum metuant.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Sixty bucks for an expansion ? Seems steep because most expansions are usually around 40 bucks. Oh and NO I will not be buying it. Totally disappointed with the game.
  • ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281

Oh, that's easy.

To have fun.

That's funny.

You don't play to  have fun? Is there some mystical reason I'm missing? I'm confuzzled now.

When I eat at Olive Garden, btw, it's because I like it. With good people, I have fun there even if it's just the conversation. Same with GW2. I like it and I therefore I have fun. Now... liking it isn't reason enough... I like Eve Online for example, but I stopped having fun. Still a damned good game, just no longer what I'm into. Same with WoW... had a blast raiding Ulduar and the like, but as Cata was approaching it stopped being fun for me. 

Where is the Olive Garden?  Sounds like a nice place

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by kurosenshu

Odd, I made it to 80 on my 1st toon b4 hitting even 20% world completion.

There just must be something about this game that I don't get.

I have the worst time leveling. The only way I discovered, that I can level at a regular rate is to redo the events that happen over and over. Otherwise I end up in areas way to high for me and I discover that I'm at a disadvantage.

Or I hang out in an area killing mobs (which is fine) but the xp is much slower than others.

I suppose my play style doesn't jive with the game design or I'm just missing something.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

Oh, that's easy.

To have fun.

That's funny.

I eat to get full, as in, to get enough nutrients in order to survive (the fact that tastes good is a bonus). If I go eat to olive garden (or equivalent since there are no olive gardens here in Venezuela), then I eat there to have fun, as in, trying something different I wouldn't eat every day, spend time with my wife and son and/or family, and so on.

Simmilarly, that's why I play games, to have fun, TBH don't really see any other reason to play them. There's nothing to win since nobody pays me for playing, in the end it's all pure entertainment.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

1) Almost no one charges $60 for expansions

2) No I wouldn't pay $40 or $20 for a GW2 expansion.  I just don't like playing GW2.  I don't like the skill system, the combat or much of anything other than world design.  Trying to do jump puzzles on a charr was frustrating and I have no issues with platformers.  The response just felt way off to me.

Originally posted by L0C0Man

Oh, that's easy.

To have fun.

That's funny.

I eat to get full, as in, to get enough nutrients in order to survive (the fact that tastes good is a bonus). If I go eat to olive garden (or equivalent since there are no olive gardens here in Venezuela), then I eat there to have fun, as in, trying something different I wouldn't eat every day, spend time with my wife and son and/or family, and so on.

Simmilarly, that's why I play games, to have fun, TBH don't really see any other reason to play them. There's nothing to win since nobody pays me for playing, in the end it's all pure entertainment.

sorry wrong response.  

Originally posted by Sovrath

I have the worst time leveling. The only way I discovered, that I can level at a regular rate is to redo the events that happen over and over. Otherwise I end up in areas way to high for me and I discover that I'm at a disadvantage.

Or I hang out in an area killing mobs (which is fine) but the xp is much slower than others.

I suppose my play style doesn't jive with the game design or I'm just missing something.

Don't ask me, I ended up just running one heart and/or event after another without any rhyme or reason to it, which I wouldn't mind if each heart formed some sort of interesting quest chain, but rather they were simply, "go and give some soldiers a drink" which frankly provided less motivation than "kill 10 rats".  And the events were simply; 'there is a bunch of *pick mob* attacking a camp/ village/ whatever, repell them'.  And occasionaly there would be swamp monster or some such thing.  Why is there a swamp monster and why is he so determined to act like a twat in said swamp.  What's going on, is there any coherence anywhere in the game?   

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    Yes i would, but i think they won't charge 60$ but rather something like 30-35$.

Originally posted by Scarfe

Oh, that's easy.

To have fun.

That's funny.

We go every now and then for lunch at work. This is it.

Oderint, dum metuant.

Originally posted by Sovrath

I've had luck simply being in the right level zone, pick a random direction and go that way. Events will find you. Of course, the hearts help, as does mixing in things like crafting or working zone completion while you're there. It feels smoothest when you don't focus on any one thing.

Of course, popping up to WvW for a few levels works as well and gives a nice change of pace.

Oderint, dum metuant.

Originally posted by Scarfe

Oh, that's easy.

To have fun.

That's funny.

We go every now and then for lunch at work. This is it.

Wasn't expecting it in my city, they are all south of the river though unfortunately.  

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Since, so many on this forum are against this game anyway and want to see if fail, asking this question here will get you a mostly No poll. And it is, what did the OP expect?

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Since, so many on this forum are against this game anyway and want to see if fail, asking this question here will get you a mostly No poll. And it is, what did the OP expect?

Considering the OP never has anything nice to say about the game and is constantly negative I'm not sure why he'd be interested in the result either.  Where did he get the $60 figure from?  It's kind of like the, "Would you pay $50/mo for a game?" question.

The GW2, for the download version, was 60 dollars. I bet that is where he got it from and GW1 also charged the same price for the chapters (Factions and Nightfall) as they did for Prophecies.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

No way.

I haven't even gotten my money's worth for the basic game -and i bought it for 30€.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

i personally would not buy any expansion for GW2. i just don't enjoy playing this game, not to say its a bad game or anything.

it just bores me to death, i enjoy playing swtor more than this, which says a lot lol

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    If it was an overhaul of the game, where combat used resources and introduced skill trees and they put in real quests, and if they made dynamic events in lower level zones good for all level characters, and if you could do WvW at lower level without being at a huge disadvantage to 80s, then... maybe.
  • GrunimGrunim Member UncommonPosts: 172
    I wouldn't expect the expansion to be priced at $60.   That being said, if it included more character slots for new races and/or classes, I'd get it in a heartbeat.    I haven't spent any money on this game other than my initial purchase and I've been playing daily since launch.    I've met many nice folks in this game so for me it would be an easy choice.
  • azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332
    An expansion better be no more than $30, and it would have to fix ALL of the issues I currently have with the game...
  • FaelsunFaelsun Member UncommonPosts: 501

They would have to make pvp enjoyable in the vanilla release before I ever considered an expansion.

Not too fond of their new grinding fetish either,  didnt start playing the game for fractals and grinding, much less boring pvp. .. but this is why I quit.

• azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332
    Originally posted by Rthuth434
    i'll use the gems i ahve saved up.

lol, willing to bet the xpac is not available for gems at first, if ever