Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Name a game that isn't an mmo, that you wish was

1235»

Comments

• ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by Novusod
    Originally posted by jtcgs

Seriously guys...

Grand Theft Auto Vice City.

Imagine the chaos of players pulling other players out of their rides...people running all over with missile launchers taking on an army of police...or the army...blowing the carp out of the city...

Quest: slap x amount of hoe's = 100 people running around slapping every hoe in sight.

A GTA MMO was already done. It is called APB and it was designed by David Jones who was one of the original creators of GTA.

The problem with GTA is that I could only ever see it working as a single player game.  You need some law and order to break in order to be a theif/villain.  If everyone and everything is crime and chaos like APB then whats the point?

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by Scarfe
    Originally posted by Novusod
    Originally posted by jtcgs

Seriously guys...

Grand Theft Auto Vice City.

Imagine the chaos of players pulling other players out of their rides...people running all over with missile launchers taking on an army of police...or the army...blowing the carp out of the city...

Quest: slap x amount of hoe's = 100 people running around slapping every hoe in sight.

A GTA MMO was already done. It is called APB and it was designed by David Jones who was one of the original creators of GTA.

The problem with GTA is that I could only ever see it working as a single player game.  You need some law and order to break in order to be a theif/villain.  If everyone and everything is crime and chaos like APB then whats the point?

I actually though the APB's idea was good. Just the execution not so. I though it was fun, the PvP was good is you had a balanced match and was fun to both play police or be the criminal.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Quake or Doom. I'd love to see what kind of MMO PvP system id software could come up with.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by skamper

Easily,

Borderlands MMO

Originally posted by eyelolled

Saints Row The Third

Agree with both, would like to see something similar, mostly the humor from those 2, Thought APB would be able to fill that void, yet it didn't do it for me as it felt to much like just a multiplayer game not so much a mmorpg feel.

Also feel the Mass Effect Universe would lend it self very well to become a MMORPG aslong we can choose all "friendly" races to be playable.

But I also feel that a well known singleplayer IP made into a MMORPG it should be a sandbox version as the singleplayer game is already guided and we got to know most of the story just place me in that universe in that MMORPG version.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Quake AND doom
    3 sided game like ps2 with marines vs strogg vs hell

Less vehicle led. More doors and indoor areas. Killing players let's you take their guns and ammo, be careful not to draw attention to yourself with that bfg.
  • 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489
    Ogre Tactics, and it'd have to keep the tactics game play.

a yo ho ho

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Brenelael

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Far Cry, Elder Scrolls or Fallout franchises would all make excellent MMOs if done properly. All would be MMOFPS's with Elder Scrolls being the only fantasy based game in the bunch.

Bren

http://europe.stalker-online.so/

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by superniceguy
    Red Dead Redemption, or a MMO set in the Wild West

this would be awesome... we need some good wild west games..

its a shame red dead was xbox only :(

• primetheusprimetheus Member UncommonPosts: 28

FALLOUT easily my most wished for mmo i so wish someone would pick it up and actualy publish it maybe ESO is gonna be a test bed for a possible fallout mmo in the future .in that case i want eso to do ok .

Ive tried fallen earth and although in itself is a pretty decent game it still isnt fallout

Fingers always crossed

"note to self to save my self asteem i need to change my sig"  EDIT changed for the better

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Super Mario World!

World of Dr. Mario !

World of Tetris!

wait for it.. WORLD OF CASTLEVANIA !!!!!!

:D

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning... :(
  • IrylIryl Member Posts: 15
    Dark Souls, love the fight mechanic.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Aliens vs Predator.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Borderlands

Starcraft

Red Dead Redemption

Farcry 3

Silent Hill

Resident Evil

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528

X-COM

StarCraft

Mercenaries/Jagged Alliance 2

Crimson Skies

• AdamaiAdamai Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Mount and blade with s focus on player controlled and created content. Guilds heraldry and the likes.
  • morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• laxika91laxika91 Member Posts: 50
    Morrowind, Carmageddon, Left 4 Dead, Mount & Blade
  • ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Mass Effect, Starcraft  and Borderlands mmo.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Not a video game and probably wouldnt make a good MMO (think Eve with full Newtonian Physics) but :

I would just love to play this as a computer game

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• BathnorBathnor Member UncommonPosts: 137

In no particular order....

1. Arena or Daggerfall, thats not a WoW clone.
    2. Might and Magic : World of Xeen
    3. Magic the Gathering
    4. Faxanadu
    5. Forgotten Realms or Dragonlance, thats not an instanced game like DDO.
    6. Sword of Truth
    7. Horizions, before the blackout.
    8. Gauntlet
    9. Call of Cuthulu
    10. Dr. Who
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Sexy Beach 3

World of Scrabble

Hide and go Seek Online

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SwankdSwankd Member UncommonPosts: 243

Zelda Online! with TERA style fighting and maybe some Z Targeting :)

You don't start as the "Hero of Hyrule" but instead you can choose from the different races, Gorons, Zora, Hyrulians, Kokiri, Gerudos, etc. Then you go from there and do questing and such. Maybe have like territorial PVP and arenas. Party up for dungeons where it takes 4+ people to complete the puzzles.  I know a lot of people have wanted a Legend of Zelda Online game but I honestly think it can be done if you take the whole perspective off the "Hero of Hyrule" concept and turn it towards having all the different playable races. Maybe throw in the Happy Mask Shop as a sidequest :)