Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How are the servers now? Is anyone still playing this DietMMO

2»

Comments

• MarinkovichMarinkovich Member Posts: 15
    Most of EU servers on low level areas are ghost towns. Most of events cannot be completed solo. That is reason i stop playing this game. Its good but i aint gonna play like this. Thank the devil WoW servers are full whole day and Tera is going F2P in less than month.
  • LonzoLonzo Member UncommonPosts: 294
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by Lonzo
    Just curios. Are there still players left??

So you want the game to fail? Isn't there a thread like this evey couple of days? It is like the people who don't like or play the game are either aggrivated that the game is doing well or just can't believe anyone would would like what they don't like. Either way it is pure arrogance on their part.  (I base what I say on the title of the thread).

GW2 is not a diet MMO - BTW - tried Wushu the other day - to me that is a diet MMO - campers - griefers - gankers and in groups even - Just enough to drive away most players. Hence the Diet MMO title (it will soon be thin pickings for them). They won't have a diet of new players to choose from.

To the OP - GW2 is doing fine.

To be honest: I do want that GW2 fails, after all the hype coming along with it and the : "GW2 will be the BEST and most innovative MMO EVER- blabla"...  It comes out to be a so light fooded, Semi-MMO without any depth and with Rez-Zerging groupplay it is really sad.

You know - I posted in another thread just like this that people who keep asking whether GW2 is dead or not are either arrogant or just baffled that people like this game since they dont like it and OBVIOUSLY MY OPION IS ALL THAT MATTERS - get over yourself!!! no one cares what you think......

it is obvious that alot of you guys are interested about my opinion.... watch this thread :-)   you know I am right guys! :-)

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    I don't know why people expected this to revolutionize the mmo market. When I played beta I knew what to expect, and knew that it was going to have casual endgame.
  • ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

So you want the game to fail? Isn't there a thread like this evey couple of days? It is like the people who don't like or play the game are either aggrivated that the game is doing well or just can't believe anyone would would like what they don't like. Either way it is pure arrogance on their part.  (I base what I say on the title of the thread).

GW2 is not a diet MMO - BTW - tried Wushu the other day - to me that is a diet MMO - campers - griefers - gankers and in groups even - Just enough to drive away most players. Hence the Diet MMO title (it will soon be thin pickings for them). They won't have a diet of new players to choose from.

To be honest: I do want that GW2 fails, after all the hype coming along with it and the : "GW2 will be the BEST and most innovative MMO EVER- blabla"...  It comes out to be a so light fooded, Semi-MMO without any depth and with Rez-Zerging groupplay it is really sad.

And what mmo do you play?

• Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

One would think with the amount of time you have been here/playing MMOs, you would know they all pretty much say that these days. Would also think with all that experience you have, you would know by now, don't believe the hype.

Don't worry though, theres about 6 more in development with about the same build up that you can get excited for.

Good luck.

That said, i really like the game. Is it exactly what I am looking for in an MMO?  Nope. But i do find it entertaining.

My dream MMO? yea, that will never happen.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

I've been playing more recently since I'm on vacation from work, and in my experience, at least on Yak's Bend server, which is where I play at around 10 pm and later, Venezuelan time, population seems rather healthy.

I'm playing mostly two of my chars these days, my guardian that's level 80 and a mesmer that just reached level 45 last night. The level 80 areas have lots of people in them, map chat seems very active and people calling up events all the time. On my mid level one, while obviously there's much less people than when everyone was leveling, I still run into other people all the time and most events have at least 2 or 3 other people doing them. Calling for group events in map chat usually results in 5 or 10 or more people showing up shortly, more if there's a chest at the end, and big ones like the dragons it's easy to see 30 or 40 people doing them.

WvW joining is mostly instant now, but I still see queues of up to 30 mins, specially in the central map, and the only time I've visited Lion's Arch recently without going into overflow first was one time I logged in right after a server restart.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• VerticalSumVerticalSum Member UncommonPosts: 12

I just bought and began playing GW2 a few days ago... the game has pulled me into it's story and kept me entertained to the point of losing track of time every chance I get to sit down and log in.  I'm a veteran/experienced MMO player and I decided not to rush GW2... I'm only level 11 and I can tell you there are PLENTY of other players around whenever I log in.  I've stumbled across groups of 2 up to groups of 6-7 players working together to take down monster bears, bulls, and other great looking monsters.  I haven't even begun to look around for a clan to join or dive into PvP yet because there's just so much to do as it is.

I'd imagine, as others have stated, that the higher level zones are more populated... which is hard to believe because the lower level zones have tons of people and that's just on 1 of many servers.  The game is smooth and entertaining... it sounds good, it looks good, and it's extremely intuitive.  I have no doubt Guild Wars 2 will be around for many years.

Bring it.

• MarinkovichMarinkovich Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by VerticalSum

I just bought and began playing GW2 a few days ago... the game has pulled me into it's story and kept me entertained to the point of losing track of time every chance I get to sit down and log in.  I'm a veteran/experienced MMO player and I decided not to rush GW2... I'm only level 11 and I can tell you there are PLENTY of other players around whenever I log in.  I've stumbled across groups of 2 up to groups of 6-7 players working together to take down monster bears, bulls, and other great looking monsters.  I haven't even begun to look around for a clan to join or dive into PvP yet because there's just so much to do as it is.

I'd imagine, as others have stated, that the higher level zones are more populated... which is hard to believe because the lower level zones have tons of people and that's just on 1 of many servers.  The game is smooth and entertaining... it sounds good, it looks good, and it's extremely intuitive.  I have no doubt Guild Wars 2 will be around for many years.

Servers in Europe are dead during the day. Around 11pm there are players,but only in end game content.

• marcuslmmarcuslm Member UncommonPosts: 263

I would not know anything about the current population because I have not played for a while. I honestly just got bored with it. There is just something missing there for me. For me a lot of the "innovative" features just sounded way better on paper than when actually playing the game.  I know many are still having fun and I say great. Good for them.

I wish the game no ill-will though. I honestly hope it succeeds for years to come. One reason being I believe in the B2P model and I would like to see more B2P games. The other reason being that we are talking about jobs here, I don't want anyone to lose their job because a game does not suit me specifically. Who knows? Maybe I will feel differently if I go back in a few months and try it again.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Man you know what, I'm glad your honest unlike the other "crusaders of truth." or at least your not being a little bitch and beat around the bush as if you are posting for good intentions or acting like your not trying to troll, like the other "crusaders of truth."

Though unfortunately for you the game most likely is still healthy, haven't heard anything bad from my friends as of late, I did log on a few days ago, but my time has been limited to play, I played about 1-2 hours. Saw plenty of people, not in lion arch either, but it is what it is.

Usually if you don't like the game it's doing poorly and if you do it's doing great. For me it's not doing poorly from what I saw and be hearing but oh well.

Any way enjoy life and peace out.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• cloud8521cloud8521 Member Posts: 878
    Originally posted by Marinkovich
    Originally posted by VerticalSum

Servers in Europe are dead during the day. Around 11pm there are players,but only in end game content.

most the problems with   the game do not relate to the game but  player mentality

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

The really sad part is how players have to rez zerg to finish dungeons considering they think the game is so shallow.

News flash - a good chunk of GW2 players are able to finish instances with few to no deaths, so rez zerging is something noobs talk about

"Rez zerging" and "DE are a zergfest" are a clear sign of people that didn't play the game or only played in the first week.

It is also very ironic that players that want to say GW2 is dying say the DEs are a zerg fes a clear contradiction of idea.

Likewise it also very fun to read players that say the game is so easy to master that talk about rez zerging in dungeons.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by RizelStar

Man you know what, I'm glad your honest unlike the other "crusaders of truth." or at least your not being a little bitch and beat around the bush as if you are posting for good intentions or acting like your not trying to troll, like the other "crusaders of truth."

Though unfortunately for you the game most likely is still healthy, haven't heard anything bad from my friends as of late, I did log on a few days ago, but my time has been limited to play, I played about 1-2 hours. Saw plenty of people, not in lion arch either, but it is what it is.

Usually if you don't like the game it's doing poorly and if you do it's doing great. For me it's not doing poorly from what I saw and be hearing but oh well.

Any way enjoy life and peace out.

Gotto love your style of passive aggressive replies and then 'any way enjoy life and peace out' as if you are really that cool about it.

What a load of bull...hahaha!!

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

To be honest: you are quite pathetic. You have absolutely no one to blame but yourself for sticking with your ignorance and instead let yourself get caught up in the hype train. WHat ANet has been saying before are what they delivered.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Zorgo

I question the same - what mmo is the Op playing ?

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by Nadia

Why does it matter? so that if OP is playing a MMO which is crappy in eyes of everyone it gives them better ammunition to flame OP for questoining all mighty rainbow farting unicorn called 'GW2'?

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

DietMMO is an interesting phrase, lol...I like it on a couple levels, very clever.

But I don't think GW2 is diet, it's just a different kind of animal.  But to answer OP's question, there's people running around in game.  Not as many as I would like, but how often is this the case, not very.  I see people in every zone I've been in.  Day before yesterday I was in a 1 to 15 area and there were quite a few peeps.  Yesterday I was in a level 50 area and also so quite a few.  Ended up joining a group of two other nice people that grew to include two more.  Made some good coin, had a blast getting to this view point, got surprised by a boss but killed him, discovered a hidden cave and got a treasure box. 

Good times!

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    Originally posted by Nadia

Why does it matter? so that if OP is playing a MMO which is crappy in eyes of everyone it gives them better ammunition to flame OP for questoining all mighty rainbow farting unicorn called 'GW2'?

Yes.

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

Is this a serious question or just an attempt at trolling?

Would it make you happy if we just lied and said it was dead?

This discussion has been closed.