Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge Release in Korea! All Information here!

Informer80Informer80 Member Posts: 91

Hi there,

ArcheAge will be released on January the 16th

All information here!

Big thanks to the german fans!

This is the new eagle glider.

Comments

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

Wow, that is quite shocking news for me!

Did they recently decide to launch it so soon after OBT? Maybe they were happy with the interest for this game in Korea? I've read the servers were full to the brim.

I just hope they didn't ran out of money so they had to launch it early, unfinished...

Very, very interesting news indeed, thanks!

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by coretex666

Thanks for the news.

I kind of like the "bonus days" to the subscription. Make it worth it to buy 90 days instead of 30. You get 110 days for 34.50E which is quite cool. Wonder what the subscription will be like in the west.

It would be nice if they announced release date for Europe as well (US can wait :oP)

Dont expect an english version until 2014.. or maybe at the end of this year if we are very very lucky..

question is do i bother trying to get an account for the Korean version lol

• rounnerrounner Member UncommonPosts: 725
    So it will be IP blocked to non Korean?
  • skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

I remember a time when launching after an extensive OPEN BETA (+3 Weeks) was the norm.
    Back then when BETAs have been real betas and last polish and fixes went into the open beta for testing - not for the secret "release" client.

That was before all that buy the game for CBs 2005+ <kitten>.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Caldrin

Thanks for the news.

I kind of like the "bonus days" to the subscription. Make it worth it to buy 90 days instead of 30. You get 110 days for 34.50E which is quite cool. Wonder what the subscription will be like in the west.

It would be nice if they announced release date for Europe as well (US can wait :oP)

Dont expect an english version until 2014.. or maybe at the end of this year if we are very very lucky..

I am aware of that. I think they said that they are aiming for end of 2013 / beginning of 2014. I am realistic, so I believe Q1 2014 is the earliest possibility.

One year from now does not sound SO bad. It is not like we were sitting in the corner with a cup of coffee having our hands shaking while waiting for the game :)

haha I am sure some people are :)

as for an IP block, probally not and if there is you just use a korean VPN connection.

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532
    Originally posted by rounner

So it will be IP blocked to non Korean?

They have so far blocked the IP's of all regions with announced publishers for the open beta. It is looking likely that they will continue to do so. However, the Chinese and Russians are blocked, and yet have a sizable presence.
  • theoneandonlytheoneandonly Member Posts: 102
    If anyone can help with getting account mail for info plz
  • PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565
    Originally posted by skydiver12

I remember a time when launching after an extensive OPEN BETA (+3 Weeks) was the norm.
    Back then when BETAs have been real betas and last polish and fixes went into the open beta for testing - not for the secret "release" client.

That was before all that buy the game for CBs 2005+ .

It's had beta tests for over 2 years

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Good news. Hope we can get it here in the US by 2014.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

Originally posted by PsychoPigeon
    Originally posted by skydiver12 I remember a time when launching after an extensive OPEN BETA (+3 Weeks) was the norm. Back then when BETAs have been real betas and last polish and fixes went into the open beta for testing - not for the secret "release" client. That was before all that buy the game for CBs 2005+ .
    It's had beta tests for over 2 years

Didn't imply otherwise, i'm glad archeage isn't one of these :)

• GhostshadowsGhostshadows Member UncommonPosts: 70

From what I was told Nexon will publish Japan and NCsoft will take care of NA and EU versions.

Just wait to see is all I can say...

People take the internet too serious...go out get some sun and cool off

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Usualy takes 6-8 months to hit the west after an asian release. They seem to be pushing this out fast, so hopefuly sooner. The release date was quick and kind of a surprise to me. The game looks great and think it will fill in my gaming needs nicely.
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by DMKano

From my contacts in Korea, Archaeage is coming to US and EU this year! An annoucment regarding this should be imminent. 

Feel free to keep going with those details .. :-)

Let it flow right out ....

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Sweet. Perhaps a NA release in 2014.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    Originally posted by Karteli

From my contacts in Korea, Archaeage is coming to US and EU this year! An annoucment regarding this should be imminent. 

I bet he is 100% correct.  If people have completed most of the translations, theres not much left to do.  2013 for sure!!!

(i hope)

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

Squeeeeeeeee!! =D

• ObiClownobiObiClownobi Member Posts: 186
    This might not be the best place to look for info, not one of the editors have had it as one of their top 5 games to look forward to. 

"It's a sandbox, if you are not willing to create a castle then all you have is sand" - jtcgs

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Originally posted by adderVXI

I bet he is 100% correct.  If people have completed most of the translations, theres not much left to do.  2013 for sure!!!

(i hope)

And Jake Song already said they were working on an English version before this was announced. They arent that far behind, do believe he is trying to push this out pretty fast.

• GhostshadowsGhostshadows Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Originally posted by Onomas
    Originally posted by adderVXI

(i hope)

And Jake Song already said they were working on an English version before this was announced. They arent that far behind, do believe he is trying to push this out pretty fast.

You could be right!!! *crosses fingers

People take the internet too serious...go out get some sun and cool off

• AtrocitusAtrocitus Member UncommonPosts: 85

Please XL, release this soon.

I have a crap load of money im just waiting to hand over to you! Save us from the SWTORs other wanna be MMOs (see Repopulation) of the world.

Cant wait for this