Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ally and ''Old Noobs''

I noticed something in wow's bg. In our battlegroup we ally usually win in bg's until 14h (eu time), after that we can't win 10% of battlegrounds. Later in day Horde is so strong that we are frustrated and friendly chat almost doesent exist anymore. I have  some theory about this. We all know that kids prefer Horde  side and  adults ally, so i think  when kids come home from school  we get our ass kicked because horde is reinforced with ''young blood'' and  what we ally  get  is a huge number of tired old people who are angry and frustrated from hard working day.  Do you think that is the real reason?

Comments

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271
    Originally posted by zomard100
     We all know that kids prefer Horde  side and  adults ally,

No, we don't all know that. In fact, that's a pure, bullshit, myth.

/thread

• zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    Originally posted by dimnikar
     We all know that kids prefer Horde  side and  adults ally,

No, we don't all know that. In fact, that's a pure, bullshit, myth.

/thread

I can tell you from my expirience. All kids i know play on horde side and  most of my friends (over 30 of age) are on ally side

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    I noticed something in wow's bg. In our battlegroup we ally usually win in bg's until 14h (eu time), after that we can't win 10% of battlegrounds. Later in day Horde is so strong that we are frustrated and friendly chat almost doesent exist anymore. I have  some theory about this. We all know that kids prefer Horde  side and  adults ally, so i think  when kids come home from school  we get our ass kicked because horde is reinforced with ''young blood'' and  what we ally  get  is a huge number of tired old people who are angry and frustrated from hard working day.  Do you think that is the real reason?

sorry to burst your bubble dude, but the allies went all horde when they kept losing for ages.

blizz offered to change factions, and that's what they did.

the good pvplers left the alliance ages ago., it's not about "kids" or "grown ups", you thinking that on the other hand kinda makes YOU younger than you expected i guess :)

if you need a prove: i am 37, and i dont know a single kid playing horde, eg, they must be all alliance. sounds logical eh? :>

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    Originally posted by Thane

sorry to burst your bubble dude, but the allies went all horde when they kept losing for ages.

blizz offered to change factions, and that's what they did.

the good pvplers left the alliance ages ago., it's not about "kids" or "grown ups", you thinking that on the other hand kinda makes YOU younger than you expected i guess :)

if you need a prove: i am 37, and i dont know a single kid playing horde, eg, they must be all alliance. sounds logical eh? :>

Ah, and why is not one single person in best arena teams over 30? All i know from ally guilds are old people.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

you didnt watch the arena pass 2012, did ya?

that's what us old people do, we sell everyone around us that WE are the center of the world and everything younger than us is not of importance  :P or hardly even existance.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

You are also making the huge assumption that the people playing on the Ally side are the same level of ability the whole day to presume that the Horde get better at some point! Could also work the other way in that the Allies have the best players on earlier in the day and they log at some point just leaving the dross, so it isn't that the horde get any better it is just that the alliance lose their best players?!?

Still not a any sort of solid theory, but works just as well as yours.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421

LOL. I used to believe this as well. Then I switched to horde. There did seem to be more "kids" on the horde side but not anywhere the numbers I expected. What I did find was that the horde had more DEDICATED pvp players. Whether or not they are returning from work or from school it makes no difference - the horde is better because they are more pvp oriented. This has always been the case all the way back to vanilla wow. 

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by tordurbar

LOL. I used to believe this as well. Then I switched to horde. There did seem to be more "kids" on the horde side but not anywhere the numbers I expected. What I did find was that the horde had more DEDICATED pvp players. Whether or not they are returning from work or from school it makes no difference - the horde is better because they are more pvp oriented. This has always been the case all the way back to vanilla wow. 

These 'winning windows' for alliance and horde indeed seem to exist.

However, winning on ally side it usually ends with "GG".

After losing a streak the bg usually ends with emo like "GG TARDS, YOU NOOBS, YOU ALL SUCK BUT ME".

Changing to Horde: EXACTLY the same behaviour.....GG when winning, YOU ALL SUCK when losing.

There is no difference in alliance and horde behaviour as in 'adults vs children'.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• AirfxAirfx Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Wait a minute... Theres PVP in WoW?
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

I think it varies by realm.  One I was on was incredibly lop-sided toward Horde, another toward Alliance.

As for demographics balance, it's possibly more like the after-school crowd will go to where they can win.  Then again so might the after-work crowd as well.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • bizoux86bizoux86 Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Do BG's still get pooled from Battlegroups in WoW? Is this why, there are some Battlegroups that are heavily Alliance and some that are heavy Horde - which would explain losing/winning on each side more often.... Not sure if they still do this though.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897
    Originally posted by Airfx

It's not as exciting as EVE spreadsheet wars that's for sure.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Originally posted by Airfx

patch 5.2 is adding in rewards for open world pvp :)

As for who has more kids, by the numbers it would be alliance, but by percentage they're probably about the same.  My guild has about 200 members, with 4 core raid groups, and several other raid groups (there's always one going on it seems.  And I only know of 8 people under the age of 20.  I probably know about 60-70 of them and have worked with them, since that's about how many are in vent usually.  So 8 outta 60 isn't bad...