Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: Great Weapon Fighter Revealed

Comments

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988
    Weapon Masters were my favorite back in NWN/NWN2, but i'm a little disappointed that it seems you won't have the weapon/specialization variety that those games had/is typical in a D&D game.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I was planning on playing either a naturey caster type or a thief, but after watching that video, I can't do without Spinning Attack!  Now I'm off to go play my WW barb til neverwinter comes out XD
  • FrohheimFrohheim Member UncommonPosts: 11

This will be only another Champions Online... another Star Trek Online money making short-grind/no endgame/no meaning Cryptic game of failure. 

It isn't even close to bringing real 4th edition to the mmo genre. Everyone is blinded by The Foundry, which is nothing new. All Cryptic games did well when it came to hype. But delivery? Oh boy... 

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

People can argue as much as they want about what WoTC did to the DnD setting with the 4:th ed... But this will be one of the most faitfull adaptations of a DnD so far (most because 4:th ed was built more like a MMORPG then the traditional PnP RPG) what it is not is a adaptation of the 3.0/3.5 ruleset... that is what you have pathfinder online for.

Also i'd like to point out that while cryptic rushed two titles out (Star Trek and Champions) City of Heroes was a very well recived game and the mission building aspect of it, once introduced was a very versatile tool for building missions... Sure it is not the mod/dev tool of the old NwN SP series but that is simply not doable in the type of game that the new NwN is,

This have been a good conversation

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    Looks pretty cool to play :)

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Nice now lets see some caster clerics and their pillars of flame :)
  • odiasudaodiasuda Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    It is looking good. I'm anticipating the beta
    Me too
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

The animations are looking really good, which to me is one of the most important factors. Poor animations is what put me off games like LOTRO and DDO.

Not sure why people are complaining about it being called 'Great Weapon Fighter'. Thats actually a sub-class in the 4th edition, along with 'Guardian Fighter'.

Just like the Rogue class has 'Trickster Rogue' and 'Brawny Rogue', so far they are only doing the Trickster Rogue.

Could they have just made it a Fighter with a secondary choice afterwards? Sure, but either way this is determined at character creation, not by traits or feats.

• bakabrödbakabröd Member Posts: 129
    ok where is beta?
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

not looking too shabby..

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    spin to win
  • Branko2307Branko2307 Member UncommonPosts: 346
    arghhhh cant wait for the closed beta, i has the key !!!!!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum!! ~Planescape: Torment~

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Slow attacks but big hits. Bring lots of HP Pots. Not sure about the throw/leap but this is just a video. At least these are more or less traditional 2-handers and not some huge, 3xs the size of the player thing.

I do hope there are plenty of character slots. I can see alt-itis kicking in already.

Hope the 'game' is beefy enough to support replayability. If so, this might do me for a while.

• pmaurapmaura Member UncommonPosts: 530
    who came up with these Horrible Class names, why not just allow a fighter class and let you build it the way you want to. 4th edition is horrid.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Originally posted by pmaura
    who came up with these Horrible Class names, why not just allow a fighter class and let you build it the way you want to. 4th edition is horrid.

as explained... The current owners of the DnD IP.

Who as in what person... Most likley Bob... it is usualy his fault.

This have been a good conversation

• SunwolfNCSunwolfNC Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Originally posted by Scellow

Sounds good :) , the only one negative thing i found is :

- No real open world :'(

WOT!? Darn - if that's the situation I may end up rethinking :( I'll have to wait to see what it turns out to be in regard to moving around and exploring..

• BlacksirBlacksir Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Probably i am an old dinosaur of old games that need to go back to his cave, I'm sorry to see that many names that represented something in the gaming industry are used just because they have a Brand and a history

If this is future then as I said you gotta get back to my cavern and look in old CDs where quality first before explosion Graphic

NW in PW hand for me from waching movie, trailer & all presentation what was reveal is a Mortal Combat asiatic game

as you can not get a samurai armor and dress in a Templar, Templar can't wear the clothes of a samurai aka u can't take NW history & transform in a Mortal Combat game, but as I said I'm probably an old dinosaur

be well
  • scrittyscritty Member Posts: 89
    Twitch combat? I'm out. :(  . Since when has d and d been anything to do with twitch combat? And soooo linear.  Saying they took inspiration from oblivion and dragon age as far as freedom went, when those two games are POLAR OPPOSITES of each other, just tells me the devs don't know what they're talking about.
  • XeridianXeridian Member Posts: 22

This is based on D&D which came along WAY before WoW. 

WoW is not Traditional, D&D is. 

• TithenonTithenon Member UncommonPosts: 113
    Ridiculous.
  • BleakmageBleakmage Member UncommonPosts: 186
    Originally posted by ibn_Cartwell
    All this does is remind me how bad turbine failed with DDO.

Your fail is another gamer's success.

• ResavionResavion Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by Ambros123
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Looks great, but looks a lot like the traditional WoW warrior.

I suppose WoW created the heavy armored melee fighter class and EQ, numerous D&D titles, 1e D&D, UO, ect ect all copied WoW's warriror class for their heavy armored melee class.

Er you do realise D&D Classic was released in 1974/5? WoW, Everquest, UO are all based on D&D not the other way round. Ah I remember the Biege Rules Books with Fondness

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Resavion
    Originally posted by Ambros123
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Looks great, but looks a lot like the traditional WoW warrior.

I suppose WoW created the heavy armored melee fighter class and EQ, numerous D&D titles, 1e D&D, UO, ect ect all copied WoW's warriror class for their heavy armored melee class.

Er you do realise D&D Classic was released in 1974/5? WoW, Everquest, UO are all based on D&D not the other way round. Ah I remember the Biege Rules Books with Fondness

What are you even arguing about? bcbully didn't say WoW was the first to make a heavy armoured warrior.. so what are you all nerd raging about?

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • xLionxLion Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Originally posted by Scellow

Sounds good :) , the only one negative thing i found is :

- No real open world :'(

I prefer open world too, but lets check it out.

• JalindorJalindor Member UncommonPosts: 16
    I can see launch day now and 10000 Great Weapon Fighters come out to play.