Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you pay 60$ for the new expansion?

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     No , and honestly i wouldnt have any use for it if Anet hand delivered a free copy to my door.. I value my gaming time and being bored stiff isnt on the menu..
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    depends on what they offer in the expansion. 2 new races, 2 new classes plus new PvE zones and dungeons..... and raise the level cap... then YES. It's really not a yes and no answer till we know more.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• bookworm438bookworm438 Member Posts: 647
    Originally posted by bendwc10
    As good as GW2 can be, paying $60 for an expansion no matter how much content they were to put in is silly.  It would almost have to be a standalone game for it to be worth that much.

Depends. If it's anything like GW1, then yes it will be a standalone game worth of content. 

As others have said, depends on the content of the expansion. If it's anything like GW1 expansions (campaigns), then yes I will most likely be willing to spend $60 on an expansion.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I voted yes.  I got a lot of enjoyment out of the game.  If they added housing it would be a 'hell yeah'. I notice they have a lot of nice art assets in the game. 

They need to expand the feature list.  There's a lot of things you can do without raiding level cap.  Been a lot of talk on the forums about what those things might be.

• ChristoooChristooo Member UncommonPosts: 86
    I voted yes, Because I just I know I will regardless of the price or the content. Call me stupid but meh I am one of those people
  • VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    I would never pay $60 for an xpac of any game.  For $60, it'd basically have to be such a huge expansion, akin to an entirely new game.  The sort of massive additions that would make it brand new all over again - otherwise, I'm going to spend my $60 on something that's actually brand new, instead.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Possibly, yet here's the thing.  It would have to offer as much content by itself as GW2 did upon release, and that's one heck of an expansion.  Which for an expansion might be unlikely. 

Otherwise if it offered some fraction of the content GW2 did at release as a tyical expansion would, at a $60 cost, I'd think it was a shameless money grab. 

• RedJorgeRedJorge Member Posts: 106

Ahahahahaha.

Paying 60 bucks for the next expansion is a waste of money but, worst than that, it will be a waste of time playing it.

Leonard: Penny, you are on fire.
    Penny: Yes, so is Sheldon.
    [laughs]
    Sheldon: Okay, that's it. I don't know how, but she is cheating. No-one can be that attractive and this skilled at a video game.
    [walks away]
    Penny: Wait, wait. Sheldon. Come back, you forgot something.
    Sheldon: What?
    Penny: This plasma grenade.
    [explosion]
    Penny: [laughs] Look! It's raining you.
    Sheldon: You laugh now. You just wait until you need tech support. (Big Bang Theory)

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Voted no.  Despite being a GW fan, the whole game is pretty much off my radar.  Just not a good fit.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Rohn

Not a chance.  This game was a huge disappointment.

Though ANet said it wouldn't be, GW2 is just more of the same.

I'm not paying for more of more of the same.

For me 100% positive I will buy the expansion.  Even though it isn't the next coming, it is still an innovative miracle in a sea of failed WoW clones.  Was the game a dissapointment to me?  In some ways yes, Don't like the weapon skill system and I feel tha tthe Dynamic Event system isn't fleshed out enough.  Sometimes it takes alot of running around to find new events where I am exploring.  I would prefer that the events in a zone be at least quadrupled to give the areas more appeal.  I also am dissapointed in the lack of any really immersive activites to partake in like housing or much greater variety of Weapon/Armor skins to find.  I also dislike the Trading Post greatly.  It promotes elitism and economic based stock market skills to use and since the only realible way to make money in the game coems from gaming the TP this sucks for me.  I want to make gold by playing the game not the markets.

Still though, hopefully new content is added that is both meaningful and fun without adding any more grind cause god knows the game is alll about gridning as it currently stands.  We need more character progression, give me a reason to use my 319 skill points ive accumalated other then to use it to buy crafting mats for my legendary.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• kzaskekzaske Member UncommonPosts: 518
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by Rohn

Not a chance.  This game was a huge disappointment.

Though ANet said it wouldn't be, GW2 is just more of the same.

I'm not paying for more of more of the same.

For me 100% positive I will buy the expansion.  Even though it isn't the next coming, it is still an innovative miracle in a sea of failed WoW clones.  Was the game a dissapointment to me?  In some ways yes, Don't like the weapon skill system and I feel tha tthe Dynamic Event system isn't fleshed out enough.  Sometimes it takes alot of running around to find new events where I am exploring.  I would prefer that the events in a zone be at least quadrupled to give the areas more appeal.  I also am dissapointed in the lack of any really immersive activites to partake in like housing or much greater variety of Weapon/Armor skins to find.  I also dislike the Trading Post greatly.  It promotes elitism and economic based stock market skills to use and since the only realible way to make money in the game coems from gaming the TP this sucks for me.  I want to make gold by playing the game not the markets.

Still though, hopefully new content is added that is both meaningful and fun without adding any more grind cause god knows the game is alll about gridning as it currently stands.  We need more character progression, give me a reason to use my 319 skill points ive accumalated other then to use it to buy crafting mats for my legendary.

This seems to cover my feelings fairly well.

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

The poll is flawed, where's the options for 'just show me the results' or 'don't know' ? I fall in to the latter, all depends on how the game progresses and what we expect from the expansion, didn't vote.

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

Totally misguiding poll so the people will add more negativity towards the game.

Facts:

- GW1 had one expansion with Eye of the North (Factions and Nightfall were stand alone games which means full games) and costed the half of the price you set on the poll .

- second expansion one could buy were the chronicles that were released very late.

Other than that there were only free expansions like the sorrows furnace as example

- GW 2 gives us the first expansion for FREE by splitting it into two updates from which one comes this month and the second in february

So if a expansion comes you will have to pay, it might cost you like 30$ but definately not 60$

So I voted yes.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

Even if it was $60 I don't see why would it be an outrageous price.

Sure, most XPacs of PC games are around $35-45.

But for most MMORPGs that mean $50-60 (box+sub) to play for a month of the XPac.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Only if the main content is for WvW, which will not.
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by Raekon

Totally misguiding poll so the people will add more negativity towards the game.

Facts:

- GW1 had one expansion with Eye of the North (Factions and Nightfall were stand alone games which means full games) and costed the half of the price you set on the poll .

- second expansion one could buy were the chronicles that were released very late.

Other than that there were only free expansions like the sorrows furnace as example

- GW 2 gives us the first expansion for FREE by splitting it into two updates from which one comes this month and the second in february

So if a expansion comes you will have to pay, it might cost you like 30$ but definately not 60$

So I voted yes.

I have no knowledge of that second expansion.

Do you mean the Bonus Mission Pack (solo missions that would re-enact historic events of GW lore)?

Te Bonus Mission Pack is more of a DLC and it was released at the same time as Eye of The North as a free pack for anyone spending over $10 in their cash shop, which also sold the Eye of the North expansion so if you bought it directly from Anet you would get it. I bought 2 character slots to get it. Later it was made available fro $10 or something.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• zastrophzastroph Member Posts: 242
    No way in hell will I pay them any more money!
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

I don´t think expansion will be that expensive....maybe if it´s a "stand alone" like the ones in GW1 would cost that but i don´t think tey´ll be charging that much for an expansion to the core game.

I´ll buy it anyway!

I´ve been playing since Beta & still having a BLAST!

imageimage

imageimage

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by Raekon

Facts:

So I voted yes.

Yea that was obvious if you ask me, like that's the actual intention, well disguised though. You know I just posted about that in another thread. I was wondering though if I was the only one who saw what this poll was [meant] for but oh well.

Thanks for the information

You guys take care and peace.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    60 dollars is a bit steep..if Anet does decide to charge 60 bucks for it i hope it is loaded with new content.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351

i joined Guild Wars later after it had a few expansions and seen what those expansions added to the original game. The level cap took a couple weeks(days if you really pushed yourself probably) but each expansion added hours of content. Everything from new quest chains and bosses to new locations and in a most cases a new class to play.

If the content added extends the life of the game then yes. If its just a new zone with not much new then i dont know to be honest. It all depends on when it releases and how much into the game i am at that time.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    Depends on what the expansion brings. If it just brings a few new areas, then I would not pay $60 for it. However, if it's like the GW1 campaigns, that basically complete games on their own (which they were, the only actual expansion was Eye of the North) and that easily added as much new content as the full game had in the first place, then I would pay as much as I paid for the game in the first place.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

I voted no. Still to this day, I dont know what the point of playing this game is all about.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by JR4D

I voted no. Still to this day, I dont know what the point of playing this game is all about.

Oh, that's easy.

To have fun.

Why else would you play a game? If it's not fun for you, so be it, best of luck finding one you enjoy. But that's the point after all... having fun.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

No.

After seeing all the flash of GW2, I don't expect there to be anything new.  Just more of the same. Which I could easily experience if I wanted to level another character...which I don't.