Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone have a good suggestion of a replacement free to play game?

gekofreakgekofreak Member Posts: 6

I've been playing Perfect World International for a long time now, and i think it's time to move on. I really loved pwi, but I'm just sick of it. Anyone know a good free to play game that fits this description?

Fantasy MMORPG (Might take sci fi)

Great Character Custimization (Not everyone looking exactely alike)

Good Pvp (Pk and team pvp dungeons)

Somewhat realistic graphics

Can aquire everything in game without paying without incredibly diifficulty (free to play, not too extreme cash shop)

Big community

Not too insanely hard to reach high levels

Fun!

Also would love to have wings too but that might be asking for too much. Thanks!

Comments

• gekofreakgekofreak Member Posts: 6
    No one has any suggestions? shame :(
  • AntiarinAntiarin Member UncommonPosts: 16
    For character customization play Aion. Plus you get wings.

Noli sinere te ab improbis opprimi

• KirkisKirkis Member UncommonPosts: 19
    just a note on the wings, you're limited on flight time then have to wait for it to charge back up unless they took that restriction off (I haven't played since release so I cant really say too much on the flying aspect anymore) but the customization in Aion is amazing, if you wanted to and have the patience for it, you can actually load a picture of your own face in the character creator window and adjust facial features unill you have your character look exactly like you =)

I've actually played Aion before, something seemed really off about it so I stopped. Ill think about it but for the meatime does anyone else have a different suggestion?

thanks

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by gekofreak

I've been playing Perfect World International for a long time now, and i think it's time to move on. I really loved pwi, but I'm just sick of it. Anyone know a good free to play game that fits this description?

Can aquire everything in game without paying without incredibly diifficulty (free to play, not too extreme cash shop)

Big community

Fun!

Also would love to have wings too but that might be asking for too much. Thanks!

Gotta say GW2.  Its got everything you seek and is Triple-A quality to boot.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by azzamasin

Big community

Fun!

He wants free to play...

Actually, he's the kind of player who's killing the industry.  People complain about companies not taking risks and designing high quality games, yet you have so many people like him who are just looking for litterally a free ride.

You make me like charity

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by asmkm22

Big community

Fun!

He wants free to play...

Actually, he's the kind of player who's killing the industry.  People complain about companies not taking risks and designing high quality games, yet you have so many people like him who are just looking for litterally a free ride.

GW2 might as well be free to pay, theres no sub.  If you cant come up with $30 to buy the box then you really need to rethink your priotities and get the eff out of gaming.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• ZorlofeZorlofe Member UncommonPosts: 215
    You could check out Tera when it goes F2P around February...
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

Big community

Fun!

He wants free to play...

GW2 might as well be free to pay, theres no sub.  If you cant come up with $30 to buy the box then you really need to rethink your priotities and get the eff out of gaming.

I say the same thing about sub games, but there is still no end to the number of people looking for free stuff.

You make me like charity

• KyutaSyukoKyutaSyuko Member UncommonPosts: 288
    While I can't really say much on the customization of TERA, it's going F2P in February and has pretty good PvP imo has PVP/PK servers and non PVP/PK servers.  Not sure what you mean by PvP dungeons, but TERA has dungeons that can only be completed with a party.  Can't really say the graphics are realistic, but they're similar to PWI.  It's fantasy based.  Currently the only things in the cash shop are cosmetic items and the usual gender change, race change, reset stuff.  Haven't played TERA in a while so I don't know what the community is currently like, but come February I'm sure it'll grow.  It's about as much as a grind as you would expect from a Korean MMO, but it's fun.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Big community

Fun!

He wants free to play...

Actually the ones killing the industry are those willing to pay blindly for a game based off of a tailored laundry list of wanted features letting the developers know hey heres free cash so we can just make half ass games because these idiots will buy it regardless.I would much rather have a game that charged you nothing up front because ultimately if it was fun and enjoyable I would eventually spend money on it rather than paying for a piece of crap that you only find out it is a piece of crap after your money is gone. 

Oh and on topic,you dont have to wait for Tera as there is Raiderz, also try DCUO if you havnt yet it is more sci fi but has wings,customization and pvp.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    I would recommend Tera,  Its going F2P next month but you can play it now for free via discovery system (lets you play for free up to lv28) then you're account will convert to full F2P at the end of the month.  It has an open world pk server and BGs.  Just about everything in the cash shop can be bought in game with gold via the auction house,  which is kinda nice.  It does have an action combat system so if you dont like that type of combat you might want to pass on it and go for something like swtor.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• DarkagesDarkages Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Tera is free to play now, yes it is only to lvl 28 but at least you'll know for sure what class you want to lvl up past 28 when Feb does come. DCUO is also another good choice, but you do have to buy DLC to progress further into end game raids.
    I did spend a little on perfect world but not very much. I have some money issues irl right now so i need f2p. I was considering guild wars 2 for awhile, but people told me that it got lame very fast so i decided not to buy
    as for tera, it sounds and looks pretty awesome! Where can I download it for free to try it out?
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    as for tera, it sounds and looks pretty awesome! Where can I download it for free to try it out?

Tera download info

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

tera's a good choice.  if ou prefer something more traditional might i suggest Lineage 2 or Aion.

if yuo want to step outside your fantasy comfort zone play POTBS :)

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

I think this is the link right here:  http://tera.enmasse.com/download

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

thanks all!

I found the link, just had to sign up to view it. Tera looks awesome, but I have to try it first, for now I'm settling on tera though