Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SMITE: Hercules, Champion of Rome Revealed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Hi-Rez Studios has revealed the latest god to be added to SMITE, Hercules, the Champion of Rome. The video goes into the ancient lore behind Hercules as well as describes the way he will work in the game and his powers. Check it out and discuss Hercules in the comments.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JoekraJoekra Member Posts: 182
    For anyone loving mmo combat/pvp and also wanting to try a real moba, I can only recommend Smite.
  • KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Ye its goooood fun :)
  • PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646
    Originally posted by Joekra
    For anyone loving mmo combat/pvp and also wanting to try a real moba, I can only recommend Smite.

What do you mean "real MOBA"  ...  DOTA started the whole thing, LoL and HoN expanded it...  my Smite (and other similar off-brand) experiences have been very poor at best.

I might give Smite another try I guess but I believe the Beta (or whatever I played) was pretty bad.

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561
    HERCULES A ROMAN GOD????Pfffffff what has happened to this world.....Highrez shouldn't even consider adding "roman" mythology Gods since 99% of it is purely Greek
  • JoekraJoekra Member Posts: 182
    Originally posted by Painlezz
    Originally posted by Joekra

What do you mean "real MOBA"  ...  DOTA started the whole thing, LoL and HoN expanded it...  my Smite (and other similar off-brand) experiences have been very poor at best.

I might give Smite another try I guess but I believe the Beta (or whatever I played) was pretty bad.

With real moba I mean it has everything a moba should have, plus mmo controls and third person view.

• FARGIN_WARFARGIN_WAR Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by pupurun
    HERCULES A ROMAN GOD????Pfffffff what has happened to this world.....Highrez shouldn't even consider adding "roman" mythology Gods since 99% of it is purely Greek

Well if they'd called him Heracles most people would have no idea who the hell he is.

If you don’t do stupid things while you’re young, you’ll have nothing to smile about when you’re old.

• 9ineven9ineven Member UncommonPosts: 168

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561
    Originally posted by FARGIN_WAR
    Originally posted by pupurun

Well if they'd called him Heracles most people would have no idea who the hell he is.

Well the official language of the game is english and according to that language his name is Hercules. That doesnt mean that if they baptise him as Greek they' d have to call him Heracles .Example Zeus is the Roman name for Thias (Dias) which is the Greek name ,But he is called a Greek God. Same goes for Hades..He is called Greek God but the Greek name is Athis(A-dis). And i 'll repeat this: 99% of ROMAN mythology is Greek with a slight twist.Usually towards kinkiness and sexuality...

Edit : Highrez is mistaking by creating Roman Gods...The Roman mythology has nothing new to offer and is not original...

They could create an Afrikan Pantheon(Ashanti, Fon, Dinka, Yoruba, Khoikhoi, Ibo, Xhosa, Shongo, and Zulu mythologies).

Or a Mesopotamian Mythology Pantheon(with Gods from the Sumerians and Akkadians, and their successors, the Babylonians and Assyrians)

Or even Oceanic/Polynesian mythology....

So many original mythological pantheons...