Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PC Gamer Beta Key and Mount Giveaway

ChadiwickerChadiwicker Member UncommonPosts: 80

For those of you looking for beta keys for Neverwinter, you can get a beta key and a free mount (one of two horses) by picking up a copy of PC Gamer's February 2013 issue or buying an electronic copy.  Here is a link to more information:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/12/20/pc-gamer-neverwinter-issue-item-february-236-edition/

Beta has not started yet, but you will have access when it does.

Comments

• darknakardarknakar Member UncommonPosts: 29
    i am sorry but i cant find any mention  of them giving beta key   all they say it  a free mount  or  i missing something ?

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by darknakar
    i am sorry but i cant find any mention  of them giving beta key   all they say it  a free mount  or  i missing something ?

I was thinking the same thing.  It says key, but for the mount.

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 250
    Mount automatically gives you beta key also.
  • alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    It says exclusive in game item but nothing about a beta key. :/

• If the mount gave you beta access it would say that or have an * by it and explain it elsewhere on the page. Nothing anywhere mentions you getting beta access, just an in-game mount.

I can confirm buying the single issue using Zinio for 9 dollars got me beta access.

Edit: I can also confirm that it was stupid to not state that it gives access, when that might give more sales.  Also remember to answer the "question" in lowercase.  That tripped me up a few times, ha

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

I can confirm buying the single issue using Zinio for 9 dollars got me beta access.

Edit: I can also confirm that it was stupid to not state that it gives access, when that might give more sales.  Also remember to answer the "question" in lowercase.  That tripped me up a few times, ha

does it tell you when the beta starts?

• darknakardarknakar Member UncommonPosts: 29

it is very stupid that they dont confirm  or  cleary say  u gain beta acess too  they would sell much more issue just for that

it realy confusing

Originally posted by muffins89

does it tell you when the beta starts?

No the download page says the usual coming soon and we'll notify you by email stuff.  It is a download button now that I redeemed the key though, instead of a sign up for beta button :P

Even the system requirements are "coming soon"

• Fornax123Fornax123 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    My new t-shirt says:  "I spent $8.99 and all I got was a stupid greyed out download button."
  • ChadiwickerChadiwicker Member UncommonPosts: 80

From a community manager at the official Neverwinter forums:

"Whoa! I apologize for all the confusion regarding PC Gamer and Beta access. Here is the word:

Redeeming the unique key code will grant you one of two horse mounts at random PLUS Neverwinter Beta access. However, we will reveal more official details about our Beta plans once we are closer to it and you will find out when and how you can access the Beta. 

Hopefully, this clears up any confusion you may have."

I agree with the above comments that it was poor marketing on behalf of PC Gamer and/or Neverwinter to not make this clear, though it was a nice surprise to get beta access when I was only expecting a free mount.  

Originally posted by Fornax123
    My new t-shirt says:  "I spent $8.99 and all I got was a stupid greyed out download button."

I didn't pay anything.  I signed up for a free-trial digital subscription through Google Play.  I can cancel within two weeks and pay nothing.  :)

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

So, you get access to a beta weekend or two.  Not the actually close beta.

Oh boy.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

I just signed up:

Neverwinter Download coming soon!

If you have activated your Access Key, you will be notified when testing begins and will receive instructions for downloading and logging into the game.

You get access to the mount and beta with the PC Gamer key.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Swanea

Oh boy.

Go to google play and do the PC gamer free trial lol. Costs nothing for that beta weekend or two and a mount. Can't complain about free man. 

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Oh boy.

Go to google play and do the PC gamer free trial lol. Costs nothing for that beta weekend or two and a mount. Can't complain about free man. 

How do I get the free trial?  All I see are subscription and buy issue.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

Originally posted by MadDemon64

If you've already used your free trial once, it won't be available again.  Other than that, I don't know why you can't see the free trial information.  When I look at other magazines (since I've already used my free trial for PC Gamer), it clearly says above the subscribe button that there is a 14 day free trial or 30 days in other instances.  I am logged in to my Google account.  Maybe it doesn't show the free trial information if you're not logged in?  

Originally posted by Chadiwicker

If you've already used your free trial once, it won't be available again.  Other than that, I don't know why you can't see the free trial information.  When I look at other magazines (since I've already used my free trial for PC Gamer), it clearly says above the subscribe button that there is a 14 day free trial or 30 days in other instances.  I am logged in to my Google account.  Maybe it doesn't show the free trial information if you're not logged in?  

I never used my free trial (never even heard of google play before this), and I am logged in.

I never used my free trial (never even heard of google play before this), and I am logged in.

The only other suggestion I have is to try a different browser or contact Google Play support.  It worked for me and it appears to have worked for others according to their comments in this thread.

Oh boy.

Ah nice, which official post indicated it was not closed beta but just a couple weekends of beta?

Or is that just you making crap up?  Honest question.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

Oh boy.

Ah nice, which official post indicated it was not closed beta but just a couple weekends of beta?

Or is that just you making crap up?  Honest question.

Made up, pure speculation.

Hopefuls think thay they will get closed beta access and that only the alpha is undergoing atm.  Others say that closed beta is undergoing atm and that all these beta access key purchases are only for the open betas.

Personnally think that only an idiot would thing that the game is only in it's alpha testing and that open betas is what everyone will be getting access for.

Regardless I'd wager that it will be just like Rift, SWTOR, or GW2 where people who got beta access only had a few months before the game launches which GW2 only had a couple of beta weekends for that with some isolated one day stress tests.

Originally posted by Chadiwicker

The only other suggestion I have is to try a different browser or contact Google Play support.  It worked for me and it appears to have worked for others according to their comments in this thread.

After contacting google play support, they said I have to subscribe for a monthly or yearly subscription first, then I get my 14 day trial, and then I can cancel before the 14 days and I won't be charged.  Is this what everyone else did?

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    just did the trial thing and got my key.. key worked fine on neverwinters main site but client isn't avialable to download yet.. but this trial thing works fine to get the key

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Thanks for the heads up OP.
    After contacting google play support, they said I have to subscribe for a monthly or yearly subscription first, then I get my 14 day trial, and then I can cancel before the 14 days and I won't be charged.  Is this what everyone else did?

Yes, that is what I did.  :)