Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Wednesday, August 31. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

I am fairly easy to please

silverseed71silverseed71 Boaz, ALPosts: 38Member

I started in the beginning with Ultima Online back in 1997. I played it for about 7 years. I was a SWG player from about 2003 until 2006. I played City of Heroes from 2007 until it shut down in November of 2012. I loved aspects of all of these games. I have a relative that is wanting me to play Eve Online. I like it but dang, I will have to do some studying and research to learn how to play it, but I sort of like that because UO and SWG originally didn't pander to the "casual" gamer. I have a friend who is a huge WoW gamer and she wants me to get into it. I started the trial last night and I was so unimpressed with the outdated graphics. This are my 2 options right now. I have also tried the following:

Saga of Ryzom, Warhammer, Rift, Champions Online, Age of Conan, and a few others.

Like I stated in my title, I am easy to please. I really don't like huge tuturials though. That is why AOC was not for me.

Comments

• Scooch25Scooch25 Rosemount, MNPosts: 105Member
    WoW is probably your best bet for casual gaming. You could take a look at Secret World or Guild Wars 2. Otherwise you may have to dip into the asian side of the pool, and I don't really know much about that style of game.
  • ScarfeScarfe londonPosts: 281Member
    Huge tutorials in AoC?  You can jump straight in, admittedly the first 20 levels are hevily story-driven, but there is very little to learn that you won't already know.  

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• silverseed71silverseed71 Boaz, ALPosts: 38Member
    Originally posted by Scarfe
    Huge tutorials in AoC?  You can jump straight in, admittedly the first 20 levels are hevily story-driven, but there is very little to learn that you won't already know.  

I was told that I was pretty much stuck in that one town until after level 20. I made it to like 11 and quit.