Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you pay 60$ for the new expansion?

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
Simple as it gets.
"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    I think it would need to introduce some substantial changes to the game mechanics before I would, particularly since I couldn't even get to 80 in the original before hitting the wall.  

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    totally depends on the content of the expansion.
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Unless they keep adding gear tiers and gear tiers only acquirable by certain activities, yes.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• kurosenshukurosenshu Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Originally posted by Scarfe
    I think it would need to introduce some substantial changes to the game mechanics before I would, particularly since I couldn't even get to 80 in the original before hitting the wall.  

Odd, I made it to 80 on my 1st toon b4 hitting even 20% world completion.

after that I went exploring to finish the remaining 80% of the world it was an amazing adventure.

That said, right now I'm finding it a bit hard to log in, legendary weapon chasing is not my idea of endgame, it's just an enormous grind fest, and while the whole game is suppose to be endgame, I'm feeling the lack of a proper endgame exclusive to max level characters only.

After you have a couple of max level toons and you have most of the exotic armors and weapons you need, unless you want legendary weapons there's little reason to login at all.

It's a shame really the game is awesome and gorgeous it only needs more incentives and proper rewards to keep people playing.

This coming from someone that loves the game and thought it would be awesome, you know the whole idea of no grind and the whole game is endgame.

in theory it sounds awesome and brilliant but in reality, hmm no grind yeah right, if you want anything that looks remotely awesome you better be prepared to endure some of the most horendous grindfest I've ever endured in any mmorpg ever !

To much RNG ruins the game completely !

And we need proper endgame exclusive to max level characters otherwise what's the point of a max level toon other than explore mode dungeons, either that or give us a harder version of dungeons with better rewards and by better I do NOT mean RNG crap or yellow rare items only once per 20x runs...!

I won't even bother to mention the ascended gear issue at all, good idea bad implementation !

Dispite all these annoying issues, I will most likely still buy the expansion, the love I have for the game is higher than the hate I have for the things I don't like about it and because I hope to see them turn things around.

also because A.net is one of the few developers that I currently trust, in contrast for example I like the premise of neverwinter but....I thoroughly do NOT trust perfect world to keep their word at all, all their games turn into a dissapointing p2w after several months of release.....they hook you in and than they start the milking once they know you're invested in their game !

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Not a chance.  This game was a huge disappointment.

Though ANet said it wouldn't be, GW2 is just more of the same.

I'm not paying for more of more of the same.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by TribeofOne

Exactly...asking people if they would pay for something they know nothing about is rather...crazy...and will provide no usefull information since its based on nothing other than a price.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Where did you get the information that GW2 expansion is on it's way so soon and the information that expansion would even cost 60$ when the expansion would actually happen?

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371
    If it changes the fundamentals entirely of how GW2 is as a game, maybe. If it just adds more of what it already is, no way.
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

this.

• ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by kurosenshu

after that I went exploring to finish the remaining 80% of the world it was an amazing adventure.

That said, right now I'm finding it a bit hard to log in, legendary weapon chasing is not my idea of endgame, it's just an enormous grind fest, and while the whole game is suppose to be endgame, I'm feeling the lack of a proper endgame exclusive to max level characters only.

After you have a couple of max level toons and you have most of the exotic armors and weapons you need, unless you want legendary weapons there's little reason to login at all.

It's a shame really the game is awesome and gorgeous it only needs more incentives and proper rewards to keep people playing.

This coming from someone that loves the game and thought it would be awesome, you know the whole idea of no grind and the whole game is endgame.

in theory it sounds awesome and brilliant but in reality, hmm no grind yeah right, if you want anything that looks remotely awesome you better be prepared to endure some of the most horendous grindfest I've ever endured in any mmorpg ever !

And we need proper endgame exclusive to max level characters otherwise what's the point of a max level toon other than explore mode dungeons, either that or give us a harder version of dungeons with better rewards and by better I do NOT mean RNG crap or yellow rare items only once per 20x runs...!

I won't even bother to mention the ascended gear issue at all, good idea bad implementation !

Dispite all these annoying issues, I will most likely still buy the expansion, the love I have for the game is higher than the hate I have for the things I don't like about it and because I hope to see them turn things around.

also because A.net is one of the few developers that I currently trust, in contrast for example I like the premise of neverwinter but....I thoroughly do NOT trust perfect world to keep their word at all, all their games turn into a dissapointing p2w after several months of release.....they hook you in and than they start the milking once they know you're invested in their game !

The sad thing is I remember literally counting down the days until each new expansion of GW1, and none of them introduced any new levels (although they did introduce new classes and skills and skins).  But taking my level 20 through the new expansions, knowing that there would be very little advancement was stll a joy.  

What a contrast not even being able to hit cap in it's successor.  

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Originally posted by Kuppa

this.

That. I'd never pay for a game "just because".

• SigilaeaSigilaea Member Posts: 317

This nails it.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

The expansion would have to have fishing, treasure hunting, taming ( similar to Ultima Online )and other fun things to do other than grind dungeons and legendary crap. It would also have to have a housing system similar to Ultima Online' s housing sytem (finding plots, building houses, and vendors). Since Gw2's housing system will probably be limited and heavily instanced I cant see me buying anything Gw2 related.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I cant amagine anybody spending $60 on a expansion for this game.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

this.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Mannish
    I cant amagine anybody spending $60 on a expansion for this game.

or any other game if the amount of varied content is not enough to justify the price

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    $60 for an expansion? Did you pull that number out of your butt or is it based on something actually from Arenanet? In any case, hell no I wouldn't.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Of course. Still having a blast, well worth the money.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    if there is an option, I will be paying extra for the upgraded edition.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    i'll use the gems i ahve saved up.
  • bendwc10bendwc10 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    As good as GW2 can be, paying $60 for an expansion no matter how much content they were to put in is silly.  It would almost have to be a standalone game for it to be worth that much.
  • KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Originally posted by bendwc10
    As good as GW2 can be, paying $60 for an expansion no matter how much content they were to put in is silly.  It would almost have to be a standalone game for it to be worth that much.

Well gw1 exapnsions were stand alone, so hopefully future expansion packs will be like that. 

• girdisordergirdisorder Member UncommonPosts: 45
    didn't pay 60$ when the game came out and all my friends got bored of it in less then a month. call me when the game is free to play
  • anthony21690anthony21690 Member UncommonPosts: 119

How did you cap without reaching 20%? O.o I'm at 25% map completion right now at lvl 36 D:

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Yes and it's going to cost 60 dollars?

I mean either way I'l pay though it also depends on the content, I didn't know it was official that it was 60 dollars though, was hoping for 40 dollars that's what most expansions cost, I guess GW1 expansions cost 50 dollars back in the day O.O, must of been a lot of content though, was it?

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.