Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally got to play Diablo 3.....

2»

Comments

• ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227

I played for like 300+ hours and made about $600 from selling vitrual pants. Not exactly good pay for the time invested, but I enjoyed every minute of it. It wasn't the best ARPG I've played, but it was still well worth the $60. Inferno around launch was exceptionally difficult beyond act 1, and really proved to be a fun experience to get through with my friends.

I think people were expecting the ultimate version of D2 with better graphics, and that's a game that the Blizzard of today was never going to make in the first place.

• WalicWalic Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by ezpz77

I played for like 300+ hours and made about $600 from selling vitrual pants. Not exactly good pay for the time invested, but I enjoyed every minute of it. It wasn't the best ARPG I've played, but it was still well worth the $60. Inferno around launch was exceptionally difficult beyond act 1, and really proved to be a fun experience to get through with my friends.

I think people were expecting the ultimate version of D2 with better graphics, and that's a game that the Blizzard of today was never going to make in the first place.

2 dollars a hour? Were you in a sweat shop? A gaming sweat shop? lol sorry couldn't help myself

• Gabriel-KnightGabriel-Knight Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Oh boy, nothing as blind as blizzard and Apple fanbois.

I guess all those people who put tl2 way higher on gory lists were wrong.

Anyway why tl2 is better.
    1 loot drops, these games are loot pinatas, your supposed to drop look not buy it off a fecking auction house.
    2 the game was designed to be fun, not to incentive players to use the auction house
    3 no constant drudgery of portaling back to town to sell shit every 5 minutes (so you can buy from the ah)
    4 the levels are much more random than d3, a second play through is still fun.
    5 more content its a bigger game than d3, d3 just makes you repeat stuff on a harder difficulty
    6 no boring old slow through noob mode 1 and noob mode 2 before you can play it at an interesting difficulty, tl2 let's you the player decide the difficulty
    7 shock horror you can play a single player game off line!
    8 and yay with steam cloud I can use that offline when I want to play in on my work laptop
    9 the choices you make with your class matter. You can play once using one build, play a second time using a completely different build and have a very different play experience. Each class can be played in several different ways with different equipment requirements.
    In d3 a barb is always a melee monster a mage is always a ranged glass cannon etc.. not so with tl2

Yeah... you do know that you can build a ranged Barbarian? There's even an item designed for this, which boosts the chain  and the throwing axe skills.

Also, you can play a meele mage, with a huge variety of skills.

You can play a trap Demon Hunter or a ranged one-

A healer Monk, a fighter or a tank

Summoner Witch Doctor, or mage, or crowd controler.

I just mentioned a few examples, i think that you just suck and didn't wanted to experiment with the classes. All the characters in the D3 can be played again from level 1 using a completely different skillset, nobody stops you.

I know, i know, ye olde "BUT WHY WOULD I MAKE A NEW CHARACTER, THERES NO POINT". There wasn't either in Diablo 2, if you wanted to try a new build, you just could use the Hero Creator and try it out offline - even some D2 guide pages let you download the "perfect" character.