Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Marvel Heroes: New Pre-Sale Packs Unveiled

2»

Comments

  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Webster, MAPosts: 4,813Member
    Originally posted by Elevenb4

    Wow, I haven't been keeping up with all the info specifically for this game, but I had planned on buying it when it released. Well, I'm deffinetly not playing it now. For a Diablo3 type game, I would expect it to be B2P, not what it is now. Oh well, glad I knew this ahead of time before investing more 'self-hyping' time.

    I wish them luck, but I don't think this will work well for them.

    Yeah, I was with them up until they decided against B2P and went the f2p route. As a B2P with a cosmetic and convienence cash shop I'd be all for it. 

    As a F2P I'll pass, especially with the Starting character choices. 

     

    • Daredevil
    • Hawkeye
    • Scarlet Witch
    • Storm
    • Thing
     
    To play any of the characters I'd like to play I'd have to pay, or I can play for free to see if I like the game enough to spend money but I would have to do so with characters I wouldn't want to use lol... 
     
    So, I will pass until they change their mind and switch to b2p or at least do a fluff/cosmetic and convienence store like Planetside 2. 
     
    Before anyone decides to chime in with "You're just cheap", please not I've already sunk a good bit of money in both GW2 and PS2. I got both games up front and nothing was locked behind a pay wall (GW2 was b2p but I didn't have to unlock different playable characters and crap like that on the cash shop lol), only Fluff and convienence. 
     
    I wish them luck because the game looks neat and seems to have some promise if they can convience people to play. 
     
     
     
    Anyone else noticed the very scary part about these packs? These are apparently deals that will go up in price at launch lol! 
     
    From 20 - 30
    From 60 - 120
    From 200-750
     
    Yeah lol I don't think I will even be checking back in on the game with this business model lol.
     
    $30 for 1 character? lol...
     
    And OMG the $750 bundel did me in lol.
     
    I will most definitely pass and write this game off now lol. $750 lol... you guys have fun with that lol. 
     
  • adam_noxadam_nox hays, KSPosts: 2,036Member Uncommon
    You wont write it off since you can play for free with 5 chars.  Also a dumb move imo.  Too many people will do that and probably buy like one other char max before they get tired of it.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Manchester, NHPosts: 2,933Member Uncommon

    LOL.  What a freaking scam. 

     

    $200 for all of the heroes?  Or I assume just all of the release heroes.

     

    $20 for a single hero and two costumes?

     

    This money grab is 100x worse than the D3 RMAH.

     

    Will they charge us extra to get professional quality animations?

     

    I will try the game and can see myself playing Thing and Hawkeye, even though I'd never choose them if all heroes were available.  But their pricing just means I'll have more fun unlocking stuff for free rather than rewarding them for such a lame money grab.  It's clear that combat and their classes aren't as polished as D3s and so I'd expect to get at least 10 heroes of my choice for $50-60.

     

  • kevjardskevjards carlislePosts: 1,463Member
    while i am extremely interested in this game..there is no way i am paying £140 for something i have never tried..nor any other amount for that matter.they should  have offers like this on an open beta nothing less.if they believe in their product they wouldnt have a problem doing that.
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Webster, MAPosts: 4,813Member
    Originally posted by adam_nox
    You wont write it off since you can play for free with 5 chars.  Also a dumb move imo.  Too many people will do that and probably buy like one other char max before they get tired of it.

    I most certainly will because I have no interest in the 5 free ones you are given. It also means that those 5 are going to be mostly who you run into lol. I have 0 interest in playing a Marvel game primarily populated by The Thing, Hawkeye,  Daredevil, Scarlet Witch and Storm lol. 

     

    For the love of gaming they couldn't even do an actual team to start you off with lol. Just a mish mash or random less popular chars that filled specific roles.

     

     

  • tawesstawess LkpgPosts: 2,537Member Uncommon
    Oh have no doubt people.. these packs will sell like hotcakes. Maybe not the Ultimate one but the others will. Heck i am tempted my self and i am pretty much against this game as it deffo kills the chance of a Marvel based MMO.
  • gorro187gorro187 Ofallon, MOPosts: 170Member Uncommon
    I asked on the face book if the packages include beta access. Due to the game wont be out till spring. And they want the money now.(our choice to do so if we choose to). How ever they responded that the first 2500 to buy the 200 dollar package get the instant access. nothing for 60 and 20 dollar tiers.
  • DrakadenDrakaden Quebec, QCPosts: 133Member
    This is absurd, ain't going to pay extras for a game i am not allowed to try.
  • TokkenTokken Portland, ORPosts: 1,154Member Uncommon

    I'll probably play these characters....

    Free Starting Characters:

    • Daredevil
    • Hawkeye
    • Scarlet Witch
    • Storm
    • Thing
    I am tempted to buy the Avengers or the X-force pack though.
     
    If you buy the ultimate pack you will eventually get.....

    Post-launch Characters:
    • Emma Frost
    • Luke Cage
    • Nova
    • Squirrel Girl
    I thought THAT was funny. Where's BEAST and ICEMAN?
    Brad McQuaid Quote:  So, God-willing, the Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen team and I will be able to make or allow that magic to happen a third time, and it too will be not just a great game, but also that catalyst again that brings people together, sometimes out of their comfort zone, learning how to work together not just tactically in a virtual world but also socially in the real world.
  • Z3R01Z3R01 NYC, NYPosts: 2,426Member

    Yeah...i will use the free characters and then maybe consider a character pack if i have a hard time getting a character i want to drop. 

    I'm a hardcore ARPG guy and i play 100% self found items with zero trading. So ill have no problems farming skins and characters if the drops are reasonable.

    Whats reasonable a character or skin drop every 30-40 hours of play on average. 

    Playing:

    Waiting on:

  • wesjrwesjr Gilbert, AZPosts: 365Member Uncommon
    I don't think $200 for something I am getting $100 worth of ingame cash as well is that bad of a deal, so its $100 and since it is F2P, no $15/m - so if I play for 1 year it will pay itself off.
     
  • TesteagleozTesteagleoz MelbournePosts: 5Member
    Originally posted by Ilaya

    On Top not having Paypal as payment Option kicks me out then. We have 2013......

    Sry guys, your Pricing is much to high. Really.

    Paypal was a payment option for me.

  • CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,533Member Uncommon

    I think ill wait for the release.. unless of course i get into beta and love the game..

     

    @Ozmodan why is it flat out greed to want to make money? that is why the company exists to make money..

     

    You can either wait for release and unlock all characters by playing, or you can pre-order and get some extras up front..

     

     

  • barrett67barrett67 Ringgold, VAPosts: 4Member
    They are in it for the MONEY!!!!!!!!! I know they need to make some money. But really like this, that is hard up.
  • TolrocTolroc Wendell, NCPosts: 99Member Uncommon
    I don't mind them making money, but the prices on some of these is a bit steep. I'll probably buy one of the $20 packs, but just need to narrow down whih one I want.
  • kturockkturock loxahatchee, FLPosts: 16Member
    I've played the game. It would have been an ok game; 10 years ago. No way would I pay anything for it.
  • YahnorbakiYahnorbaki Bountiful, UTPosts: 1Member
    Sadly I'm an Impulsive buyer, but if I had the money I would spend it sadly. Yeah there is a possiblility that the game would suck and go belly up Like DC universe. It sounds like a more expensive League of Legends to me. Although Riot's characters are 10 bucks and each costume is about 5-10 bucks. When I saw deadpool I was thinking nope not getting him cause everyone else will. I mean, come on, the only reason your posting you wont buy it is to make them lower the price so you will buy it. You are interested you're going to try your hand at the game sometime or it may widdle at your mind and you might just buy a $20 person that you want to play. If you really weren't going to buy it cause of the price you wouldn't have taken the time to make an account and post that you aren't.       You're probably like me I don't have the money right now or I would. But you took the negitive and want to make an account to complain cause you don't have any REAL Friends cause of your negitive additude or you have a friend that doesn't like marvel and likes.... Psh DC comics with all the freaking flaws in their time lines and the IMMORTAL SUPER MAN (wich is actually a stupid alien with too many powers to be cool he is just hacked. and Green lanterns weakness to the color YELLOW I mean come on i could beat him up with corn.) sorry for that tangent. what I'm getting at is stop trolling them and buy the game or not, and complain to people in real life.
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Webster, MAPosts: 4,813Member
    Originally posted by Yahnorbaki
    Sadly I'm an Impulsive buyer, but if I had the money I would spend it sadly. Yeah there is a possiblility that the game would suck and go belly up Like DC universe. It sounds like a more expensive League of Legends to me. Although Riot's characters are 10 bucks and each costume is about 5-10 bucks. When I saw deadpool I was thinking nope not getting him cause everyone else will. I mean, come on, the only reason your posting you wont buy it is to make them lower the price so you will buy it. You are interested you're going to try your hand at the game sometime or it may widdle at your mind and you might just buy a $20 person that you want to play. If you really weren't going to buy it cause of the price you wouldn't have taken the time to make an account and post that you aren't.       You're probably like me I don't have the money right now or I would. But you took the negitive and want to make an account to complain cause you don't have any REAL Friends cause of your negitive additude or you have a friend that doesn't like marvel and likes.... Psh DC comics with all the freaking flaws in their time lines and the IMMORTAL SUPER MAN (wich is actually a stupid alien with too many powers to be cool he is just hacked. and Green lanterns weakness to the color YELLOW I mean come on i could beat him up with corn.) sorry for that tangent. what I'm getting at is stop trolling them and buy the game or not, and complain to people in real life.

    Again no lol, I am saying I won't buy it because I'm not going to buy it. 

    The quality of the game and the type of game it is warrants a 20-30 dollar price tag for the whole thing. They are wanting a great deal more than that. 

    Look at Torchlight 2, Diablo 3, and others. Diablo 3 charged a premium (A fraction of what Marvel is asking lol) and people raged about how it wasn't worth it. A large part of that was the game type. 

    This type of game is cheaper to make, it has lower quality graphics and more simplistic controls and interaction. Theres simply no justification for the price tag associated with this game. 

     

    Sorry lol, if you keep making false assumptions I will continue to come and correct them. 

    I will not buy the game

    I am not saying that to get them to lower the price

    Good luck spending $200+ on a f2p when any other game of this type will give you a great deal more up front for $20-30. 

  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Manchester, NHPosts: 2,933Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Yahnorbaki
    Sadly I'm an Impulsive buyer, but if I had the money I would spend it sadly. Yeah there is a possiblility that the game would suck and go belly up Like DC universe. It sounds like a more expensive League of Legends to me.

    I hate both games pricing models.  But it definitely is an overpriced ARPG using the LoL pricing model.

     

    They should do what LoL does and rotate different heroes each week for a free trial.

     

    David Brevik is going to get a ton of shit flung his way when this game releases.  Especially after his attacks on Blizzard for producing a far more polished game that doesn't charge per hero or for costumes.  Spend $60 and you got all of D3.  $60 barely gets you anything in MH.

  • adam_noxadam_nox hays, KSPosts: 2,036Member Uncommon

    About D3, 60 bucks doesn't get you everything.  RMAH heroes rule the day in that game, always have, probably always will.  The amount of real money spent through the D3 auction house would literally blow your mind.   Botters were for the first few months making a FORTUNE off of tools willing to throw 250 bucks away for a weapon, and those willing to buy gold for the gold AH.   

     

    I think it's way better to be able to pay the money directly to the developer where it might do some good, and know what you are getting up front.  Keep in mind, most of you that played D3 spent 60 bucks on it.  If you spend 60 bucks on this, you get probably a total of 15 characters out of the slotted 24, 5 free, 4 from a pack that will have at least 1-2 you want, and then probably 10 bucks a character of your choice using the in game currency.  It's HIGHLY unlikely that anyone wants to play with more than 5 or 6 characters, at least out of the 24 lackluster ones so far.

     

    I'll probably buy 1 or 2 out of the remaining 24 that I didn't get via pack or free, and save my currency for future hero releases, hopefully from the X-Men comics.

     

    Considering each hero is like it's own class, you get WAY more out of your 60 bucks than the 5 classes in D3, though I imagine several heroes will have similarish mechanics.

  • GrinnzGrinnz Utica, NYPosts: 310Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by adam_nox

    About D3, 60 bucks doesn't get you everything.  RMAH heroes rule the day in that game, always have, probably always will.  The amount of real money spent through the D3 auction house would literally blow your mind.   Botters were for the first few months making a FORTUNE off of tools willing to throw 250 bucks away for a weapon, and those willing to buy gold for the gold AH.   

     

    I think it's way better to be able to pay the money directly to the developer where it might do some good, and know what you are getting up front.  Keep in mind, most of you that played D3 spent 60 bucks on it.  If you spend 60 bucks on this, you get probably a total of 15 characters out of the slotted 24, 5 free, 4 from a pack that will have at least 1-2 you want, and then probably 10 bucks a character of your choice using the in game currency.  It's HIGHLY unlikely that anyone wants to play with more than 5 or 6 characters, at least out of the 24 lackluster ones so far.

     

    I'll probably buy 1 or 2 out of the remaining 24 that I didn't get via pack or free, and save my currency for future hero releases, hopefully from the X-Men comics.

     

    Considering each hero is like it's own class, you get WAY more out of your 60 bucks than the 5 classes in D3, though I imagine several heroes will have similarish mechanics.

    Ummm, you don't have to buy anything from RMAH....

    Anyway...played this game, and uninstalled after 30 mins.....rather play PoE, and I hate that game....

    Diablo 3, and TL2 will still be the top ARPG's for quite some time to come IMO.

    image

  • VaultFairyVaultFairy LeedsPosts: 556Member Uncommon

    I'll wait til i get into beta before i buy a pack.

     

    X-Men FTW!!!

  • ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148 1, NJPosts: 6,690Member
    Picked up the Spiderman pack today. Looking forward to playing.
    30
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Webster, MAPosts: 4,813Member
    Originally posted by adam_nox

    About D3, 60 bucks doesn't get you everything.  RMAH heroes rule the day in that game, always have, probably always will.  The amount of real money spent through the D3 auction house would literally blow your mind.   Botters were for the first few months making a FORTUNE off of tools willing to throw 250 bucks away for a weapon, and those willing to buy gold for the gold AH.   

     

    I think it's way better to be able to pay the money directly to the developer where it might do some good, and know what you are getting up front.  Keep in mind, most of you that played D3 spent 60 bucks on it.  If you spend 60 bucks on this, you get probably a total of 15 characters out of the slotted 24, 5 free, 4 from a pack that will have at least 1-2 you want, and then probably 10 bucks a character of your choice using the in game currency.  It's HIGHLY unlikely that anyone wants to play with more than 5 or 6 characters, at least out of the 24 lackluster ones so far.

     

    I'll probably buy 1 or 2 out of the remaining 24 that I didn't get via pack or free, and save my currency for future hero releases, hopefully from the X-Men comics.

     

    Considering each hero is like it's own class, you get WAY more out of your 60 bucks than the 5 classes in D3, though I imagine several heroes will have similarish mechanics.

    The problem is you pick the worste of the ARPG genre to compare MH to and MH still looks bad by comparison lol. And you are acting like each hero is going to be its own unique class, yeah gl with that. They are going to follow the traditional formula and give you the basic classes and try and squeeze each character into one of those classes. 

     

    So again, yes you are spending 200+ to get what any other game in this genre gives you for 20-60 lol. 

  • Luther1972Luther1972 LondonPosts: 7Member

    "Founders Program gives you the opportunity to play as your favorite Heroes from the day we launch!*)

    *Just as long as your favourite is one of the extremely limited batch of heroes that are available at launch.

     

     

2»
Sign In or Register to comment.