Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ex-players, what is ONE new feature / change that would bring you back?

boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438
For me it would be personal and permanent progression in WvW by killing enemy players and not by taking keeps (kind of like DAoC's realm points). WvW feels pointless right now, this feature would change everything.

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

Comments

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Revamp classes to bring back a trinity system, and retune the PvE content accordingly.

You make me like charity

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    Revamp classes to bring back a trinity system, and retune the PvE content accordingly.

LOL, why?  So then Anet can be accused again of going against their word?

I'd rather not have the permanent, static trinity, thanks.  There are plenty of other games out there with that system, maybe just be content with playing those?

Although, I will say that GW2 does have A trinity system.  But we all know how that debate goes.....

@OP - I could see that idea working if it was done right.  XP for killing players along with maybe earning Skill Points, or Traits, or even better, Utility skills.  I wouldn't make it gear based, but there is definitely room for some improvement there.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

Originally posted by boxsnd
    For me it would be personal and permanent progression in WvW by killing enemy players and not by taking keeps (kind of like DAoC's realm points). WvW feels pointless right now, this feature would change everything.

I can get behind this idea.  It would restore quite a bit of interest in WvW for me.  I am waiting to see how ascended gear will be obtained in WvW.

This will never happen and it never should.  That being said, I do wish there were support classes that could "support" the team to a degree where they should be priority targeted.  Hope that made sense.

EDIT:  Not an Ex-player.  Just throwing in my two cents.

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329

For starters, how about no zergy style focus pvp?

FFS every type of pvp GW2 has to offer is based on zergs. For that i left with a sad face. Oh and fix the damn classes, fix the bugs and learn to balance by putting a balance patch every week not every two months.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Agreed

Originally posted by evolver1972

LOL, why?  So then Anet can be accused again of going against their word?

I'd rather not have the permanent, static trinity, thanks.  There are plenty of other games out there with that system, maybe just be content with playing those?

Although, I will say that GW2 does have A trinity system.  But we all know how that debate goes.....

@OP - I could see that idea working if it was done right.  XP for killing players along with maybe earning Skill Points, or Traits, or even better, Utility skills.  I wouldn't make it gear based, but there is definitely room for some improvement there.

he asked a question, and I answered it.  Nothing more.

You make me like charity

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Man that's a tough one. I think they would need to have fully fleshed out ffa pvp server with good systems. Anything short of that, I don't think I would ever play again.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • QuailmanQuailman Member Posts: 165

If they scrapped the whole Ascended gear/stat grind crap, and announced there would be no more pieces aside from what is already in the game. If they stuck to horizontal progression at the Exotic level, like what was supposedly originally intended, then I'd come back. I lost all desire to play once FotM was added.

Or

If they made WvW use the same mechanics as sPvP/tPvP, where you don't need to grind gear for power, just Glory for looks.

I doubt these things will happen, so I doubt I'll be coming back.

Consume. Be silent. Die.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    For me, it would be if they made the open world as replayable as they tried to say it would be, if they made it more rewarding, and it went back to feeling like a thriving game full of players, because of it.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

Originally posted by Maephisto

This will never happen and it never should.  That being said, I do wish there were support classes that could "support" the team to a degree where they should be priority targeted.  Hope that made sense.

Doesn't make much sense, no.  What kind of role would the support classes play?  Are you saying there should be trinity just without tanks, and support classes help heal and buff?

Anyway, as for trinity, I happen to really enjoy both healing and tanking.  I've never been much of one for pure dps.  I can't really fill either role in GW2.  At least not in any meaningful way.

Great game for the DPS players who get tired of waiting in queues I guess, but straight up DPS isn't my think.  I like to support, which is all tanks and healers are.  

You make me like charity

Originally posted by xalvi

For starters, how about no zergy style focus pvp?

FFS every type of pvp GW2 has to offer is based on zergs. For that i left with a sad face. Oh and fix the damn classes, fix the bugs and learn to balance by putting a balance patch every week not every two months.

WvW isnt zergy.  An over reliance on zergs is a clear indicator of a lack of talent or leadership.

If you choose to follow a zerg around the entire time, that is your own fault.

I have challenged multiple others before to join NA Tier 1 servers.  The experience there isnt 3 zergs walking in a circle.  Groups of 10 - 15 people are all that is needed for much of WvW (except for upgraded garrison and keeps).

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Give the game into the hands of a company which has an actual idea of wtf they would be doing with it.

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Originally posted by Volgore
    Give the game into the hands of a company which has an actual idea of wtf they would be doing with it.

Like you do :0

• steamtanksteamtank Member UncommonPosts: 391

give me an option to mix and match classifications of attacks instead of having them all directly tied to my weapon type.

or

make turrets actually usable for anything other than aoe fodder. (I play a TF2 engi and hated how watered down i felt in GW2 on that class)

• mrBurns210mrBurns210 Member Posts: 114

I don't think there is anything outside of rewritting GW2 entirely would get me back. I was gonna write out a few thoughts ( more skills to choose from, a wardrobe system akin to Rift), but after thinking about a recent experience with a different game ( it offers open world pvp while having a decent punishment system to curb grieffers ) lately I really do not think there is anything that will get me back.

GW2 was good and  I got my monies worth, I just feel that the path this game took has anything to offer me.

Does WvWvW show enemy names? -this prob the #1 reason I lost interest fast when I was playing.

Originally posted by Maephisto

Doesn't make much sense, no.  What kind of role would the support classes play?  Are you saying there should be trinity just without tanks, and support classes help heal and buff?

Anyway, as for trinity, I happen to really enjoy both healing and tanking.  I've never been much of one for pure dps.  I can't really fill either role in GW2.  At least not in any meaningful way.

Great game for the DPS players who get tired of waiting in queues I guess, but straight up DPS isn't my think.  I like to support, which is all tanks and healers are.  

Im not looking for an actual healer.  I just want a certain classes to have beefier buffs they can apply.  I havent really put a lot of thought into it, so I have no real ideas.  I just think it would be really fun to play with that style in mind.  I am similar to you, pure DPS isnt really my thing.  However, I really love the massive combat in GW2.

inb4 someone tells me to create a gaurdian.

• ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    Almost all of the game mechanics that existed in GW1 but have been removed from GW2, I'd bring them all back.  

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by steamtank

give me an option to mix and match classifications of attacks instead of having them all directly tied to my weapon type.

or

make turrets actually usable for anything other than aoe fodder. (I play a TF2 engi and hated how watered down i felt in GW2 on that class)

Both of these points would be enough to bring me back.

Hell, I would be cool with new lines of attacks for weapons with each line focusing on a certain area. Like, aoes or single target dps lines, or even like mobility at the expense of overall damage. Additionally, instead of dual wield being split 3/2, allow for certain types of offhands to take 3 slots. Shields seem so boring compared to the potential they have.

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907

Firstly there is a few things I think could be improved without major rework of the game or it's mechanics, but you want just one....

WvWvW has been neglected and Players have left and continue to do so because of this shortsightedness. The Anet Devs have to seriously allow themselves to get into it and review the Player Suggestions that have been made to make WvWvW a showcase feature of GW2. Anet and it's WvWvW just needs some love and attention and Anet will then appease, attract, and gain the following of, the players seeking a modern and new replacement for DAoC's RvR system that they crave. There have been more Players attracted to GW2 due to WvWvW than Anet realizes and continuing to almost ignore that form of PvP is going to severely diminish any future GW2 has with Players.

Anet has to stop treating WvWvW like the bastard child of GW2.

(This imo would necessitate a full Balance pass of the Classes for not just WvWvW, but also PvP in general, to include some needed buffs (adjustments) to some Classes "healing" Skills that currently are underpowered. Do THIS and many other areas of GW2 gameplay will benefit besides just WvWvW.)

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

A fluid more action based combat system that required the connecting of one's attack with the enemy's body in order to do damage, rather than a ranged based system.

Currently I feel like I'm playing "Oh I pressed a button"

• tyfontyfon Member UncommonPosts: 240

There are too many things wrong with this game that any one change would bring me back.

First and most important. Put meaning full character progression into the game. Right now it feels stale. Bring in real horizontal progression like TSW or GW1, and make the character feel diferent at diferent levels. Even AoC and AO have more horizontal progression than GW2, but they don't really advertize it. AoC has never increased level cap. And it's a themepark.

Ditch the level scaling.

Put ROLES back into RPG, heck even make the classes act differently. Right now they all feel the same only with different skill names.

Don't reward zerg in PVP or PVE (complete retune off PVE to support roles). Reward teamplay.

Fix DE mechanics. Right now there are about 2-3 DE's that repeat all over the game only with different NPC names.

Have multiple brances in the DEs so they have a slither of "dynamic" in them. Now they are completely on rails.

Makes guilds something else than chatrooms.

Fix the camera/input lag.

Fix the performance on NVIDIA.

Fix culling in WvW.

... I could go on.. in fact.. nevermind.

/me runs back to Wushu, TSW, EVE and AO.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

Yeah exactly what I'm looking for. There are a few other tweaks to WvW that would help rekindle my interest too, but that is the main one.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271

Character progression, deep cooperative PVE play (specialization - call that trinity if you want), world pvp (ganking included), personal/team/guild/realm PVP progression, actual trading, remove the horrifyingly bad storytelling, make seeking out groups rewarding (but keep the autogrouping autoaccepting chain quests if you want ... blergh...)

Basically, any and all MMO features it currently lacks.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    I played for a little over a month, and had fun while playing.  Then I hit the wall of "I don't want to play this any more".  There's really no one feature that would bring me back; it's just not the game for me.  Doesn't mean it's a bad game, just not for me.
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

WvW

Connect it to the actual game world and make it matter.