Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unique Browser MMO

GrableGrable Member UncommonPosts: 66

Hey, I'm looking for a browser based game (preferably strategy, but open to any recommendation) that has at least somewhat unique features.

I would prefer if it wasn't pay2win (like the most browser mmo's there) and not another Tribal Wars / Travian spin-off.

Would also like it if it didn't require extremely active playing, a click or two once every x minutes/hours would do :)

Example of a unique browser strategy: Stargate Wars

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

Battlemaster is really unique. Have not played it for years, but did play it for 2 years then and it was really fun. A lot of player interaction. 2 turns a day so you only have to log in a few times to keep in contact and do you actions for that turn (best would be at the switch of the turn so you could follow the orders better if there are changes)

You are part of a kingdom. You start of as a comander of an army or you could become a banker. You could end up getting granted a  region or high position in the kingdom or even become king. You might even rebel and when you are a region owner the region will come with you. Trading is also done by the player and very importent. If regions have no food that will mean problems and they might rebel and become independent. 

a timelaps of one of the regions. So you can see how dynamic region control is. Small kingdoms get big, big kingsoms get distroyed. Poeple rebel and create new kingdoms. 

http://battlemaster.org/

You can not find a more unique and more involved browerbased game than that game.

• GrableGrable Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Originally posted by Coman

Battlemaster is really unique. Have not played it for years, but did play it for 2 years then and it was really fun. A lot of player interaction. 2 turns a day so you only have to log in a few times to keep in contact and do you actions for that turn (best would be at the switch of the turn so you could follow the orders better if there are changes)

You are part of a kingdom. You start of as a comander of an army or you could become a banker. You could end up getting granted a  region or high position in the kingdom or even become king. You might even rebel and when you are a region owner the region will come with you. Trading is also done by the player and very importent. If regions have no food that will mean problems and they might rebel and become independent. 

a timelaps of one of the regions. So you can see how dynamic region control is. Small kingdoms get big, big kingsoms get distroyed. Poeple rebel and create new kingdoms. 

http://battlemaster.org/

You can not find a more unique and more involved browerbased game than that game.

I agree this is a great example,  but it felt very slow paced to me. I might go and try it again though.

I'd appreciate if you guys keep suggesting games like these :)

• KeglanekKeglanek Member UncommonPosts: 10

Ogame is really good i been playin for 10 years. Try one of the new servers like Quantum.

• exwinexwin Member Posts: 221

If you don't mind waiting for a little bit, Shadowrun Online will be coming out soon. It looks surprisingly good, even being browser based. My opinion may be biased, however, being a Shadowrun fan.

http://www.shadowrun.com

• GrableGrable Member UncommonPosts: 66
    bump, still looking