Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions about the Rohan Expansion

HexipoxHexipox Member UncommonPosts: 241

Questions about the Rohan Expansion.

1. Are the Rohan instances out? I remember from last expansion that it took well some time for them to actually launch them. So are the Rohan instances out?
  2. How is the endgame here, loads of farming? For kindred to buy armor, jewelry etc?
  3. Any raids, if yes at what scale? Possible to PUG? Or very hard?
  4. How do you get your new 85 gear? Trough mindless farm of old instances, like last expansion or?
  5. Horseplay, how laggy is this? Halfway possible to play? Any update from turbine on when they fix their shit?
  6. Level to 85, is that like last exp? Boring as fuck with quests that is boring and just a race to reach 85, or actually fun and very entertaining, like Moria?
Thank in advance for your replys. Much appriciated.

Comments

• AsilethAsileth Member Posts: 9

Questions about the Rohan Expansion.

1. Are the Rohan instances out? I remember from last expansion that it took well some time for them to actually launch them. So are the Rohan instances out?

The first set of the instances (some new 3 mans, upgrading Dol Guldur instances) are out now.  The new 12 man raids are due in February. 
    2. How is the endgame here, loads of farming? For kindred to buy armor, jewelry etc?

Obtaining the endgame armour, which is the Hytbold armour, is every easy if you take time to review this link (http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?482751-Hytbold-A-Guide-to-Rebuilding-and-Armour) and strategize your dailies.  To get one full set is pretty fast.  Jewelery drops in new instances, (as well as tons of second age legendary item symbols in the BG first boss fight).   
    3. Any raids, if yes at what scale? Possible to PUG? Or very hard? 
      See above, no new raids (12 man).  Those are slated for next month.  The current instances can be PUGed if tier one; tier two and challenge modes. 
    4. How do you get your new 85 gear? Trough mindless farm of old instances, like last expansion or? 
      See above.  However, your note about “farming of old instances” to get end level gear makes me curious.  RoI end game gear came from 2 NEW raids – the Dragon and OD.  Although, you could obtain four pieces of the dragon raid armour by running skirmishes and 3 and six man instances and saving medallions / seals.
    5. Horseplay, how laggy is this? Halfway possible to play? Any update from turbine on when they fix their shit? 
      Mounted combat (I assume that’s what you mean by horseplay?) is not laggy for me.  Some folks find it clunky at first; but leveling your horse and investing points for agility smooth that.  I do know some are finding Rohan very laggy though; and I don’t know if it is due to dated hardware.  I find it incredibly refreshing and fun; it’s a brand new combat mechanic to learn. 
    6. Level to 85, is that like last exp? Boring as fuck with quests that is boring and just a race to reach 85, or actually fun and very entertaining, like Moria? 
      Rohan is my favorite expansion so far and I have played since April 2007. 

I have to be honest that I am not sure you would appreciate Rohan.  I base this on your constant references to boring, grind, and so on.  It sounds like you were here for at least the launch of Moria and I wonder if you became burned out with the game?  If that is the case, no matter how entertaining and what improvements are made, you might not be in the frame of mind to enjoy them.  There is a definite movement to making the game more casual and solo friendly.  Some don’t like that.  I personally, although I miss the challenge of raids like Helegrod, Rift and DN, applaud them going this route,  It’s a six year old game; the clientele’s changing.

But, I also encourage you to give it a chance.  As always, the story line quest and mounted combat is free (you get the medium horse only with F2P.)  It will give you an idea if want to try it out; and as always, the community is incredible (at least it is on my home server, Landroval.) 

• HexipoxHexipox Member UncommonPosts: 241

First of all, thanks alot for taking time telling your opinion, appriciated mate :) after all, there are some on this godforsaken that actually use their time to help insead of trolling about.

I was there from day one, when the game launched. I am a huge fan of Tolkien and his universe. I have to admit I think Turbine have done an outstanding job with their game, capturing the atmosphere so very well, it feels dark when its dark. I still remember entering the 6 man instance in Angmar, best instance I ever tried in a mmo to date .. just amazing. I still remember when I first entered Moria, my opinion the best expansion I ever played in any MMO since I started palying these games in 98’ – My journey in there was so damn amazing it felt like it was neverending, never seen that well made landscape. It was fucking annoying at times, but it let you feeling it was immense and neverending. Mirkwood was also very nice I though. But RoI, nah I don’t know what it was, the shit loads of grinding instead of doing instances runs, I don’t really know to be honest it just seems so dull and boring, quests were boring, ring quest was boring and ye, everything seemed so not entertaining .. I love this game and have played it on-off since it was published, because I love the stories the atmosphere..