Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aheron's call 2: New first patch implemented after 7 years!

Ac2 get's a new patch today.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
PSU:Corsair AX1200i

Comments

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

Nice, I still need to install this game, reinstalled AC1 last week, sigh i do miss some of the features the game offers.

• AngryBeaverAngryBeaver Member UncommonPosts: 46

I so Wish they would do a AC1 Remake. I had sooo much fun in that game years back.

AC2 is fun again as well but not like AC1. I even miss the Pea runs =)

• ArakaneArakane Member UncommonPosts: 204

Much congratulations to the AC2 team, that is a big milestone !  The crash's are much less  and have been since the week-end just passed and this patch furthur stabolizes it. More importantly it demonstrates they have a handle on code that none of them knew anything about previously which is one hell of an accomplishment.

To those unhappy with AC2, let me state that, in my opinion, you should not ever come to play it. It isn't that you wouldnt be welcomed,you would, but let's face it, why come and be miserable . The majority of the AC2 community is very happy and pleased just having the game back and arent worried about any bits of quirkiness the game may have while we are all settling back in and are very "positive" about AC2.  It won't "hold your hand" like some games do , which I think is great, it is very group-oriented,as it should be.

Welcome back, AC2, there is nothing "old" about this game, actually, in my opinion,it's pretty awesome !

(edited for spelling)

• Flaming_MMOFlaming_MMO Member Posts: 137
    So is this FTP now?   I remember having a lot of fun with a Lugian Tactitian back in the day.

no,and I hope it never is!  At the moment, a subscription to ac1 is required,which I purchased , and that allows you to access The AC2 beta.

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697
    Originally posted by Arakane

Much congratulations to the AC2 team, that is a big milestone !  The crash's are much less  and have been since the week-end just passed and this patch furthur stabolizes it. More importantly it demonstrates they have a handle on code that none of them knew anything about previously which is one hell of an accomplishment.

To those unhappy with AC2, let me state that, in my opinion, you should not ever come to play it. It isn't that you wouldnt be welcomed,you would, but let's face it, why come and be miserable . The majority of the AC2 community is very happy and pleased just having the game back and arent worried about any bits of quirkiness the game may have while we are all settling back in and are very "positive" about AC2.  It won't "hold your hand" like some games do , which I think is great, it is very group-oriented,as it should be.

Welcome back, AC2, there is nothing "old" about this game, actually, in my opinion,it's pretty awesome !

(edited for spelling)

I wouldn't say they shouldn't come play it. I would say they just need to adjust their mindset.

A lot of people have gotten used to MMO companies having "betas" as a way to sell preorders and do early access. They've forgotten that real betas have problems. There have been stability issues with AC2 but any person who understands what a beta is hasn't been phased.

The other problem is I think some people read about AC2 coming back how they WANTED it to come back. They thought it would have a full new UI, a whole set of upgraded graphics, a bunch of extra content added etc. Turbine never suggested this was the case. It is what it was. They turned AC2 back on. We don't know what the future holds, but people should have expected AC2, not a whole new game.

All that said it has been fun, people chat a lot, there are lots of groups and overall it is a fun experience. So I would actually suggest to anyone to check it out, just have the right expectation going in.

Originally posted by SnarlingWolf
    Originally posted by Arakane

(edited for spelling)

I wouldn't say they shouldn't come play it. I would say they just need to adjust their mindset.

A lot of people have gotten used to MMO companies having "betas" as a way to sell preorders and do early access. They've forgotten that real betas have problems. There have been stability issues with AC2 but any person who understands what a beta is hasn't been phased.

The other problem is I think some people read about AC2 coming back how they WANTED it to come back. They thought it would have a full new UI, a whole set of upgraded graphics, a bunch of extra content added etc. Turbine never suggested this was the case. It is what it was. They turned AC2 back on. We don't know what the future holds, but people should have expected AC2, not a whole new game.

All that said it has been fun, people chat a lot, there are lots of groups and overall it is a fun experience. So I would actually suggest to anyone to check it out, just have the right expectation going in.

ok, I agree. I think it is just that I well remember all the haters AC2 had to contend with the first time  because they hated the fact that AC2 wasnt AC1 with just better graphics and their hatred was a large part of why AC2 never got the chance it deserved . Anyway, times have changed so I suppose it doesnt matter now. I'm just glad it's back.