Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

En Masse TERA going ftp announcement

JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

It's finally out there.

http://tera.enmasse.com/free

Comments

• GormokGormok Member Posts: 379
    Heck their F2P model looks ten times better than that crap BW/EA put together for ToR. Even the past subscribers are not treated like second class citizens, but are actually rewarded for purchasing and subbing to the game.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Yes I knew they were going to go F2P after their big time failures at launch...

Want to know a bigger failure, I just tried their download launcher to re install TERA just for the heck of it and guess what.

It says I dont have enough disk space.

However I do but the Happy Cloud Installer doesn't give me the option to OverRide, and select custom install location.

Couldn't get more fail than this Enmasse.

Also Yes Just give it time they are already hinting they will keep the game 100% FREE, but they will nerf the XP Rates, and or give bonus XP, and much more to ELITE subscribers You see how it said if you already had a subscription you would get elite status?

http://support.enmasse.com/tera/tera-rising-play-for-free#What_are_the_different_account_tiers? read more here I am sure more to come.

• ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    Good news, I might actually give this game a try now. 

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Renoaku

Want to know a bigger failure, I just tried their download launcher to re install TERA just for the heck of it and guess what.

However I do but the Happy Cloud Installer doesn't give me the option to OverRide, and select custom install location.

Also Yes Just give it time they are already hinting they will keep the game 100% FREE, but they will nerf the XP Rates, and or give bonus XP, and much more to ELITE subscribers You see how it said if you already had a subscription you would get elite status?

http://support.enmasse.com/tera/tera-rising-play-for-free#What_are_the_different_account_tiers? read more here I am sure more to come.

The trick is the whole game is free though. They are not limiting character level and other things. Not even limiting dungeons other than 1 a day - it is not that bad - not like TOR. I guess you want your cake and eat it too, for free.

• TickleMeHomoTickleMeHomo Member Posts: 28
    Yes f2p will dominate market,i see how devs plan.First year they release game with subscription and see if it  success,than they continue like that if not ,jump on f2p wagon.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

OMG they actually are lmiting dungeons...

A person should be able to run as many dungeons as they like in a 24 hour period especially if they are a subscriber.

Enmasse might not be doing as bad a TOR, but let me tell you the secret to why they are doing what they are doing.

1. Because of Aion.

2. Because of Future Release of MMO's similar to TERA such as.

1. Blade & Soul

2. Queens Blade

Secret is they are trying to get customers and keep on what they already have to keep afloat its obvious.

• TickleMeHomoTickleMeHomo Member Posts: 28

A person should be able to run as many dungeons as they like in a 24 hour period especially if they are a subscriber.

Enmasse might not be doing as bad a TOR, but let me tell you the secret to why they are doing what they are doing.

1. Because of Aion.

1. Blade & Soul

2. Queens Blade

Secret is they are trying to get customers and keep on what they already have to keep afloat its obvious.

There are too many good f2p games out there getting that cake of limited player base wich pay for mmos,and they too many similar games like this.I mean Cabal 2 (just amazing animations and graphics)Archlord idk wich one but new one is with action targeting like Tera all f2p and dnt forget Hawken/Planetside2/Mechwarrior online wich aint like Tera but a option for players.

• hopenottakenhopenottaken Member Posts: 38

Love how clever these guys at Gamefrogstar are. Get a dirt cheap license, don't invest a single penny in hardware, development or advertising, keep your staff low and wait for then inescapable F2P brewing in the already collapsing kTERA.

trolololol

• Derza10Derza10 Member Posts: 70

Run the Launcher in administrator mode and you won't have the not enough disk space error.

• GoldenDogGoldenDog Member Posts: 586
    I am glad to see them go F2P in such a short time.  I figured it would take much longer to switch over.

LineageII | LoTRO | RFO | 9Dragons | Aion | Perfect World | Ether Saga | Dungeon Runners | GuildWars 1 and 2 | Hellgate London | tCoS | Warhammer | AoC | Tabula Rasa | SWTOR
    youtube.com/gcidogmeat
  • MalamasalaMalamasala Member Posts: 9

It is a step in the right direction.

TERA has two customer types. Those who tell themselves it is the best PvP ever, and those who tell themselves it is the best graphics ever. Sadly the graphics crowd got lumped up with monhtly fees AND cash shop to get their enjoyment. I tried to explain to them that this method would cost them customers, but they ignored me.

I still find it hilarious how they last year banned anyone who had opinions on the way EME was running the stuff, but now they want feedback on how to go F2P, and a ton of those people who'd give good feedback are banned and can't do so. So they are stuck with feedback almost only from those who only want to play P2P games, so this will be kind of funny. Luckily EME didn't ban everyone (even if they seemingly tried to), so some opinions from the outside is at least available.

It will be interesting who can run the F2P game best though. EME or Gameforge.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by TickleMeHomo
    Yes f2p will dominate market,i see how devs plan.First year they release game with subscription and see if it  success,than they continue like that if not ,jump on f2p wagon.

that business practice shouldnt even exist. That says alot about the companies that use it. They are not really passionate and confident about their products. They just care about the easy money up front, knowing they will fail in the near future. I think TERA should have launched as either B2P or the same model they are changing to, almost unlimited F2P with subscription option (ala PlanetSide 2). They will be more successful now, no doubt about it.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

1. Because of Aion.

1. Blade & Soul

2. Queens Blade

/facepalm

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Just saw this, not to surprising consider the announcement elsewhere. The questing is basically what kept me from playing this. Graphically it looks nice, but most of all the combat is just amazing. Hopefully action games take after using its combat system in the future having a system that is action based but also promotes good timing of abilities and giving attacks actual penalties for being used rather then the cheesy "Oh, you can mindlessly spam button" deal that doesn't feel very engaging or thought provoking.
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Originally posted by DamonVile

1. Because of Aion.

1. Blade & Soul

2. Queens Blade

/facepalm

My thoughts exactly.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Even free, I have no interest in yet another generic asian mmo.

You make me like charity

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by asmkm22

Dont let the door hit you. image

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

BTW if you ever had a paid sub account you can log in now and play. It says it's going to last to the 25th but who knows. I haven't played in a long time but it was nice to get back into it and see some of the changes.

• MuppetierMuppetier Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Originally posted by asmkm22

Dont let the door hit you. image

• enik3enik3 Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by Gormok
    Heck their F2P model looks ten times better than that crap BW/EA put together for ToR. Even the past subscribers are not treated like second class citizens, but are actually rewarded for purchasing and subbing to the game.

Definitely agree.

A friend and I logged in the day SWTOR went F2P, got pissed off that there were no benefits to people who paid $50 + sub for the game, haven't logged in since. Tera's 'Founder' status makes me much more inclined to try the game again.

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

I'm downloading the game fine. It IS YOUR Computer!

You should make sure you have all the available space, also set up your computer to download on a specified hard Drive/SSD  or whatever.

It is NOT EnMasse's fault your computer can't handle the download. Stop blaming them.

Change your default Drive and try again.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• PostcardsPostcards Member Posts: 105
    Anyone else think that being an Elite Member is garbage? The benefits of it are too small and not worth paying for.
  • NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by Postcards
    Anyone else think that being an Elite Member is garbage? The benefits of it are too small and not worth paying for.

That's the beauty of it. Someone else does find it worthwhile, so they'll sub. Everyone's happy. Well, almost everyone. I'm sure there are those who are already dreading having to look at the F2Pers. 

Can't please everyone.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    hmm, funny, I was able to reinstall TERA on my E drive about 2 weeks ago, but then that was the full version.

All die, so die well.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    Originally posted by Postcards

I don't know about that. I like the idea of exp/gold/rep buffs and saving money on broker sales.  Double daily quests and double daily instance entry really depends how hard you are going to push it. I guess it will really depend on the daily buff consumables. How long do they last or how many do you get each day? I guess I would rather just have a fixed buff where you got double exp all the time no need for a consumable but I suppose if the consumable you got lasts though death, last 24 hours and you get one each day then no big deal clicking something. I would also like to see all the fees removed from brokered items.

The thing to keep in mind is that they need to find a way to give use something for subbing but  not make it something so good that it becomes a must have. faster exp and gold gain is exactly the right thing to offer because it only shifts the time frame of things. I can play for 2 hours and get what a free player can get in 4. You only have to choose if you want to spend money or time getting there. The question is, do you get enough of that gain to make the price worth it.

All die, so die well.