Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Favorite companions?

shirlntshirlnt Member UncommonPosts: 351

I'm a level 14 Musketeer.  So far, my top two favorite companions are the fox sharpshooter (Bonnie) and the undead witchdoctor (Old Scratch).  I find Bonnie's animations in combat to be humorous and her ability to get in extra shots is great too (although some of my other companions have or are gaining the extra hits abilities).  For Scratch, I love that he can spawn an extra character in battle, plus every time he says "Captain, my captain" I can't help but think of Dead Poet's Society.

Anyone else have a favorite companion in this game? If so, what is your class and level and what makes a particular companion one of your favorites?

Comments

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Kan Po

Probably the best companion in the game. Does a lot of damage, has great epic talents and can heal. I'm not interested if they are cutsy or say funny things.

Old scratchs ability to summon a skeleton doesn't scale with levels so around level 30+ it will be smashed in one or two hits and bearly doing any damage to anything. It's worthless

• shirlntshirlnt Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Which one is Kan Po?  Not sure if I get that one as a Muskateer.  As for Old Scratch's skeleton, I'm sure by level 30 I'll probably have other companions that I like better or some of my current companions will have new abilities by then.  The skeleton is already not doing much damage on enemies but at least he still takes a few hits before he dies which is a few hits my more powerful companions don't have to endure.
  • xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Billy the Kid*Billygoat gunslinger,El Toro, or my Moo Samoorai! My personal favorite! Ill take El Toro over any Kan Po type anytime and anywhere :-D
  • StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Originally posted by shirlnt
    Which one is Kan Po?  Not sure if I get that one as a Muskateer.  As for Old Scratch's skeleton, I'm sure by level 30 I'll probably have other companions that I like better or some of my current companions will have new abilities by then.  The skeleton is already not doing much damage on enemies but at least he still takes a few hits before he dies which is a few hits my more powerful companions don't have to endure.

Kan Po can be bought with crowns. Another problem with Scratch is his attacks get dodged more often than most other companions because his ranged attack doesn't Improve with increased accuracy. I don't know if that's intentional or a bug.

There are several other good companions but the thumb rule is, your first 4 - 5 companions will be the best ones you get because they will have more epic skills than any other companion you get later. That makes a world of difference

• ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    Fin Dorsel, had him as my crew mate for most the game. 

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489

I'm liking Saboutai more at higher levels than at first. Lucky Jack's proven to be a good addition to my squad as well. Didn't use him too much at first, but you get his crit and health up a bit he can shine if the so called "rolls" go in his favor.

El Toro's legitly beast tho'.

a yo ho ho