Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Defiance: Series Premier Dated

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,619MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

The Syfy Channel Twitter feed has been updated with the news that the series on which Trion's Defiance MMO is based will officially debut in April 2013.

DefianceWorld premieres on April 15 at 9pm ET/PT!!! 

As a reminder, the first Defiance closed beta event kicks off next week!

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Hilliard, OHPosts: 7,189Member Uncommon
    Now this is old news, the april date has been out there for months.....
  • tawesstawess LkpgPosts: 2,535Member Uncommon
    This is still a very weird idea... But who knows it might work.
  • jimdandy26jimdandy26 salem, ORPosts: 527Member
    Originally posted by tawess

I don't think its weird. I do think its very ambitious and almost certainly doomed to failure because the tv part looks like crap. The only real bonus the tv side has going for it is the lack of science fiction and fantasy programming currently available.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• steelheartxsteelheartx Biloxi, MSPosts: 432Member Uncommon
    It's good to see some inovative ideas starting to trickle into the mmo community.  I'm very excited about the game and the series :)

Looking for a family that you can game with for life? Check out Grievance at https://www.grievancegaming.org !

• azzamasinazzamasin Butler, OHPosts: 3,058Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by steelheartx
    It's good to see some inovative ideas starting to trickle into the mmo community.  I'm very excited about the game and the series :)

Looking forward to the series.  The game?  Not so much.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid hell, NJPosts: 6,778Member Uncommon
    i might watch the series just to see the interactions with the game, but mostly ill be busy with the game since i am not a tv fan.

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal st clair shores, MIPosts: 809Member Uncommon
    can't say much but for the nah sayers, I will say this /sticks your tongues  out and laughs...
  • DarkcrystalDarkcrystal st clair shores, MIPosts: 809Member Uncommon
    Alls I can say is try the game out in beta you may change your mind..
  • JyiigaJyiiga Seneca, SCPosts: 1,041Member Uncommon
    Old news....
  • YamotaYamota LondonPosts: 6,620Member
    Sounds great, looking forward to it!
  • docluedemandocluedeman Ft. Campbell, KYPosts: 10Member
    I disagree, from what I've seen of the show, it's definitely intriguing and the concept of the MMO/tv series crossover is something that hasn't been done before to my knowledge and Trion has released consistently good product so far, I'm looking forward to this.

Originally posted by jimdandy26
    Originally posted by tawess

I don't think its weird. I do think its very ambitious and almost certainly doomed to failure because the tv part looks like crap. The only real bonus the tv side has going for it is the lack of science fiction and fantasy programming currently available.