Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me out - New game for 2013

Scooch25Scooch25 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 105

I used to keep a close watch on MMO titles releasing and to be released, but I stopped that around last summer.

Right now, I just kind of want a list of MMORPGs to try out. Here's some stuff I like.

PvP

Non-grindy

I am willing to look at asian MMOs, but I usually don't like them. 

Non-repetitive, this kind of falls under non-grindy

Heh, that's kind of it. I want to be really broad because I mostly just want a list of the good stuff that released/sprang up/made a comeback/had a neat patch.

I am currently downloading Hawken and I have been enjoying Airmech for a few days.

Comments

• MarirranyaMarirranya Member Posts: 154

im currently playing Cabal - come play wif meeee~

im on Mercury server ign Lysellei :3

im a lowbie so i dont do PvP yet but from what i can see its so ozum!

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com

• Stathis1Stathis1 Member Posts: 16
    I'll tell you what. A lot of people are looking for that same game more or less. I was recommended Guild Wars 2 by a friend who enjoys it, and i am downloading it right now.  That until Archeage comes out, which will cater to many players' demands from what i've heard, but it's still in cbt.
  • frillycheesesteakfrillycheesesteak Member Posts: 33

@Marirranya: Hey, I play Cabal too! Did a review on it; it's in my blog as well as posted on these forums in Cabal's section.

@Scooch25: As for the actual thread topic, it sounds like you're describing Guild Wars 2. You mention you're open to Asian titles, so why not try Age of Wushu? Been hearing good things about that, and it's free-to-play.

What's your callsign on Hawken? I play that, too. Also I have this redemption code for AirMech that I got from as a freebie from Amazon... don't know how to use it but it seems like it might require linking an account. If you're interested I could look deeper at that for you.

Read my blog where I write about games and stuff.

• Scooch25Scooch25 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 105

Originally posted by Marirranya

im currently playing Cabal - come play wif meeee~

im on Mercury server ign Lysellei :3

im a lowbie so i dont do PvP yet but from what i can see its so ozum!

Originally posted by frillycheesesteak

@Marirranya: Hey, I play Cabal too! Did a review on it; it's in my blog as well as posted on these forums in Cabal's section.

@Scooch25: As for the actual thread topic, it sounds like you're describing Guild Wars 2. You mention you're open to Asian titles, so why not try Age of Wushu? Been hearing good things about that, and it's free-to-play.

What's your callsign on Hawken? I play that, too. Also I have this redemption code for AirMech that I got from as a freebie from Amazon... don't know how to use it but it seems like it might require linking an account. If you're interested I could look deeper at that for you.

I've played Cabal and didn't really like it, but I also didn't give it much of a chance. I think I was turned off by the areal camera view (Like Diablo and other ARPGs) and sci-fi setting.

I have GW2, I don't like how lacking the end-game was.

I heard of Age of Wushu, but I thought it was a flop? I'll look more into it.

If you're not using it and if it's not too much trouble, I am definitely interested in that redemption code for AirMech.

My callsign on Hawken is Scooch. I am not sure if my PC will run it, I may have to wait a bit to get my new video card.

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Give age of Wushu a go I'm on Russian servers need to check guide in forums to play in English but it's a doddle to do.

But it is open beta not restricted it really is my pick for suprise of  year ,and as it's not the full game yet the translation can be a bit off but persevere it really is a deep and demanding non grindy game with open PVP and superb ancient martial arts combat.

p>
  • Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430

I recommend Age of Wushu. From my short experience with it I've been very impressed. You are not on rails going to the next quest hub so It's very open-ended. Albiet the beginning is but thats just until you learn some of the game and it's features.

I can't remember who but someone said this is the first game to come along in years that he's wanted to wake up in the middle of the night and play. And I feel the same way.

• frillycheesesteakfrillycheesesteak Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by Scooch25

I've played Cabal and didn't really like it, but I also didn't give it much of a chance. I think I was turned off by the areal camera view (Like Diablo and other ARPGs) and sci-fi setting.

I have GW2, I don't like how lacking the end-game was.

I heard of Age of Wushu, but I thought it was a flop? I'll look more into it.

If you're not using it and if it's not too much trouble, I am definitely interested in that redemption code for AirMech.

My callsign on Hawken is Scooch. I am not sure if my PC will run it, I may have to wait a bit to get my new video card.

Ah, if the aerial camera is your main complaint then I'm afraid nothing can be done; there's no other camera perspective option available.

End-game in GW2 has always been a complaint. Not sure what else to say about that other than to try PVP?

Age of Wushu is definitely not a flop; it can't be as it's still in open beta phase ;) But it does look fun. Midair kung-fu fighting is ridiculously entertaining.

Okay, for the AirMech redemption code to work, I have to actually link the AirMech account with my Amazon account. I doubt you'd be open to sharing your AirMech details with me to do that; just as I'm not cool with giving you my Amazon details. Shame, it seems they did this specifically to prevent actually giving out codes to other people. Here's the offer I got. It expires Feb 16.

Read my blog where I write about games and stuff.