Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Business model(Price)

KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
What exactly is the business model for this game? I've looked but haven't found a straight answer and their website's info is lacking.

Comments

• Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430

It's listed as a hybrid type in the game listing here at MMORPG. Snail Games USA has stated that it is not gonna be subscription only. But a VIP monthly subscriber will get added benefits. One being offline experience gain. If you aren't kidnapped and sold by a player while offline. lol 

Right now if you play for free during the Beta #2 you are limited to 1hour per day playtime. But it's stated in there forums that this free player restriction is only during the Beta Test. The free players won't have these hourly restrictions during the full release.

• logicwarlogicwar Member UncommonPosts: 69

right now seems sub+cash shop. no way round it need both to get the most out of the game.

its a great game i see this killing it though.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Sal1

It's listed as a hybrid type in the game listing here at MMORPG. Snail Games USA has stated that it is not gonna be subscription only. But a VIP monthly subscriber will get added benefits. One being offline experience gain. If you aren't kidnapped and sold by a player while offline. lol 

Right now if you play for free during the Beta #2 you are limited to 1hour per day playtime. But it's stated in there forums that this free player restriction is only during the Beta Test. The free players won't have these hourly restrictions during the full release.

10 hours, after that then 1 hour per day, for free.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by logicwar

right now seems sub+cash shop. no way round it need both to get the most out of the game.

its a great game i see this killing it though.

What do you need from the cash shop?

• AfterlifeAfterlife Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Yeah, I'd say VIP is "needed" because the offline cultivation is a huge bonus. The cash shop? Nah. I haven't been tempted in the least to grab anything from there and in the future I could only see maybe buying a mount. Maybe.
  • AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292

VIP or not You will gain exp while offline, being kidnapped dont change it

VIP can train offline (most non VIP players just train afk when they go out or go sleep), but if some one sell him it will be stoped, with current version VIP is useless

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    VIP is not useless. Unlimitited access beats one hour/day, not to mention I prefer offline cultivation and trading to online AFKing.
  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

So far, it seems to me like team cultivation will easily outdo any offline cultivation anyhow (I mean, just do it once with a 10 man team and you can get through 80k cult points).

The biggest advantages seem like the 100% XP conversion rate and the offline stalls to me.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

Originally posted by AresPL

VIP can train offline (most non VIP players just train afk when they go out or go sleep), but if some one sell him it will be stoped, with current version VIP is useless

I didn't know this. After being kidnapped does the offline job money you earned go to the kidnapper?

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    why the thought of being in a difficult place to get on top of a mountain training come to my mind after you guys said risk of being kidnapped when offline?
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576

I didn't know this. After being kidnapped does the offline job money you earned go to the kidnapper?

That is a good question, the truth is I have seen no hard formula for kidnapping. I made a tangman alt just to experience the evil side of things in Wushu as I didn't want to tarnish my Constables awesome goodness. However I have been 100% unable to find anything resembling a chart or graph or any kind of hard numbers to explain exactly how x = liang earned while kidnapping. Some people say its based of the power level of the one you are kidnapping. I can say with 100% certainty that is not a 1 to 1 variable in pay out. It may in fact be based on how much time the person you kidnapped it offline. I think this would be hella hard to test though.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by bcbully

Is this the model for release as well?

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by GrayKodiak

That is a good question, the truth is I have seen no hard formula for kidnapping. I made a tangman alt just to experience the evil side of things in Wushu as I didn't want to tarnish my Constables awesome goodness. However I have been 100% unable to find anything resembling a chart or graph or any kind of hard numbers to explain exactly how x = liang earned while kidnapping. Some people say its based of the power level of the one you are kidnapping. I can say with 100% certainty that is not a 1 to 1 variable in pay out. It may in fact be based on how much time the person you kidnapped it offline. I think this would be hella hard to test though.

I was thinking about this just a little while ago. I almost think it has to do with how many workers they have or have been buying plus internal level.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292

@Sal1 well You are first person who ask this:D never checked it, but I dont think so, if You kidnap some one who is training offline he will just stop lvling further, so I think same will be with moneys

amount of money depends from 2 things

how long person work offlike

amount of people You sold to same npc, rising stop after 12th / reset after midnight

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by GrayKodiak

I was thinking about this just a little while ago. I almost think it has to do with how many workers they have or have been buying plus internal level.

The payout is based on two things..

Player level determines the amount of NPC Silver Coins you get..

The amount of time a player has been offline / the last time they were kidnap determines how much tradable Silver you get.

Getting kidnap will not stop your XP that you gain BUT it will take any offline tradable silver you would've made. The amount of offline tradable Silver you would've made is based on the area you logged off at, the amount of time logged out and if you deployed an offline stall or not.

Having an offline stall will NOT make you any offline tradalble Silver.

Hope this helps some..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

Originally posted by Kuppa

Is this the model for release as well?

There won't be any  time limitations for the free players during the full release.

Originally posted by alkarionlog
    why the thought of being in a difficult place to get on top of a mountain training come to my mind after you guys said risk of being kidnapped when offline?

This is a peaceful thought. Meditating on a high wind swept mountain peak.