Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Auction house?

Anyone know if there will be an auction house in ARR?

Comments

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    Yes, how it will function not sure , I hope like XIs.

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• drunkensoljadrunkensolja Member Posts: 71
     Me too. The make shift market in FFXIV was just horrible i thought.
  • ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Hope so. I miss the good old days hanging out in Jeuno!
  • DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371

1. I seariously hope they keep it to where you actually have to go to the AH to buy/sell

2. Have where you can look at price history to see what others have sold it for.

3. Able to sort the stuff by level's, type, ect

4. everything nicely placed in there respective sub cattagories

5. The Auction Houses placed Only in the main 3 starter city's, and one central hub city (aka jeuno) w/e that place will be in ARR

really hope they bring that to ARR's AH

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528

1. I seariously hope they keep it to where you actually have to go to the AH to buy/sell

As opposed to remote? I can't think of any mmorpgs that do that other than EvE Online, and then you have to train that.

2. Have where you can look at price history to see what others have sold it for.

Agreed. I'm kind of a fan of blind bids, and a price history would be essential to that. However, I doubt they will use a blind bidding system. But even still, as an AH trader, mo' info=mo' better.

3. Able to sort the stuff by level's, type, ect

Absolutely. I'd also make it easy to do searches such as being able to click on an item in your inventory and have it paste in the search box.

4. everything nicely placed in there respective sub cattagories

Agreed. Thankfully, most of the mmorpg ah's I've experienced did well on that score.

5. The Auction Houses placed Only in the main 3 starter city's, and one central hub city (aka jeuno) w/e that place will be in ARR

That makes sense from a immersion/role-play sense as it is a bit odd to go to some remote village and they have a NYSE building. :)

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Q: What will the new market system be like? Can you give us some details?

A: Basically we will be totally re-making retainers and the market system from scratch.

We’ll be adding all the Auction House features people are asking for, and make it so that only your own retainer and those you want to appear are displayed in the market wards. It’s a bit difficult to explain. It’d be better to have our players try it for themselves in the Beta, the same time we run server stress tests.

We will also be fixing the system so that you can search for materia-enhanced items, and tell whether or not an item is HQ. In the Beta, we’d like to see how much stress the search feature can take, so please search away.
  • AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    Originally posted by Khrymson

Q: What will the new market system be like? Can you give us some details?

A: Basically we will be totally re-making retainers and the market system from scratch.

We’ll be adding all the Auction House features people are asking for, and make it so that only your own retainer and those you want to appear are displayed in the market wards. It’s a bit difficult to explain. It’d be better to have our players try it for themselves in the Beta, the same time we run server stress tests.

We will also be fixing the system so that you can search for materia-enhanced items, and tell whether or not an item is HQ. In the Beta, we’d like to see how much stress the search feature can take, so please search away.

Judging by that it sounds more like the early EQ2 broker system where the AH essentially functions as an index for goods being sold on retainers.

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599

The whole idea of retainers was flawed. Having them all stand in one small area was just silly too. They would be better off allowing you to use the retainer at your house and place a 'AH' like search at the front of the area. Similar to DAoC.

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    Originally posted by Epic1oots
    Never liked retainers. Never had problems with how FFXI was. Shoulda kepted it like that.

That was another of Tanaka's changes for the sake of trying to be different. I believe Yoshi is trying to make it into a hybrid system that allows for both. If it functions like in EQ2 then essentially you can buy good directly off the AH and pay a small comission on top of the item cost, or else you can find the location of the retainer and buy from them directly (which takes a little longer).

Personally I always loved that system as it made a good extra gold sink and made it harder for people to play the market (as buying low involved a time consuming process of locating individual sellers).

I don't actually know if it'll work like that though...

• Kain_DaleKain_Dale Member UncommonPosts: 378
    Originally posted by Alberel
    Originally posted by Epic1oots
    Never liked retainers. Never had problems with how FFXI was. Shoulda kepted it like that.

That was another of Tanaka's changes for the sake of trying to be different. I believe Yoshi is trying to make it into a hybrid system that allows for both. If it functions like in EQ2 then essentially you can buy good directly off the AH and pay a small comission on top of the item cost, or else you can find the location of the retainer and buy from them directly (which takes a little longer).

Personally I always loved that system as it made a good extra gold sink and made it harder for people to play the market (as buying low involved a time consuming process of locating individual sellers).

I don't actually know if it'll work like that though...

there is way to overcome this... you would have 3 alt, 1 sitting at each city's retainer place to buy if needed.  Then grab it, put on alt's retainer and set it to high price to hold for ur main to come.

Kain_Dale

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    While that's true most people don't want to pay more monthly just for that.  Since you have to pay for each character slot (because you only really need one character).