Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What games are you currently playing and why? [January]

Comments

• KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Originally posted by NBlitz

Skyrim.

Because of its immersive world. I have a crapload of mods installed (over 40 atm) to increase immersion and realism. The game has never looked / played better for me and I'm enjoying it immensely.

So many great mods out there, so I'm happy I let the game sit for a year. The modding community has done so many great things.

(some crappy JPEGs in between).

Nice! I have over 200 mods active at the same time, but it does work!

• TyrantasTyrantas Member UncommonPosts: 369

Starcraft 2.

I love competition in it. I  follow e-sports side of it a lot. Whenever I am tired or not feeling like playing ladder or some tournament i have fun in arcade, there is so much fun games and they keep coming, i play in a clan which is more like community, made lots of online friends there, I don't really see a reason to go and play any current mmo tbh, starcraft 2 gives pretty much everything i need. 

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Dark Souls

because thats what im finding most enjoyable and challenging right now.

• DestaiDestai Member Posts: 574

Guild Wars 2 - This is the only MMORPG I've been playing lately and the only that interests me, aside from ESO when it comes out. I'm really burned out on the genre and this is probably one of the smoothest games to play in the genre. I overall enjoy it and play it when I can. 

Torchlight I, II - It's a good series that I can play casually, when I need my looting fix.

Dungeon Defenders - This is a great game to play with buddies. Solid gameplay and definitely my favorite tower defense title. 

Minecraft - It's virtual legos. The thing I like about it is the blocks are vague enough to let your imagination do some of the graphical work for you.

Skyrim - There's mooses and axes. Sometimes they meet. Sometimes they don't. I can also pick flowers. 

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by Kanyl

Skyrim.

Because of its immersive world. I have a crapload of mods installed (over 40 atm) to increase immersion and realism. The game has never looked / played better for me and I'm enjoying it immensely.

So many great mods out there, so I'm happy I let the game sit for a year. The modding community has done so many great things.

Holy enchilada! Curious what you've got installed. Modding...it's addictive image

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595

Trying Aion.  I'm not a huge fan of the style in it but so far it's ok.  So many gold sellers though, you spend the first five minutes blocking new ones in chat.

Divine Divinity 2: Developer's Cut

Thinking about trying LOTRO again.  Probably play some GW2 sometime this month, haven't been on in a while. 

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Path of Exile:

Testing out builds for open beta on the 23rd. PoE is in my opinion the best ARPG on the market, The depth, the challenge and dark and gritty artystyle just does it for me.

Skyrim:

I'm leveling up my main character for the Dragonborne DLC due out this month on PC.

Guild Wars 2:

Best MMO on the market right now. Decided to start over and level a Norn Warrior, he's amazing. Im completely motivated and should have him to 80 in a few weeks.

Dark Souls PTDE: 

Dark Souls is the most challenging game i've played in the last decade. The atmosphere, combat and ... hell the entire game in general is amazing. Currently playing through the game with a new pyromancer based character.

Darksiders 2:

A game that borrows from my favorite games, God of War, Zelda & Diablo. I can't get enough of the game.

Currently going through my second playthrough.

Dota 2 & SC2:

One of my New Years resolutions was to pick either Dota 2 or SC2 and get good at one of them. I've installed both but its up in the air right now. Kind of leaning toward SC2 sicne it has other game modes and a great mod scene that i can fiddle with when i get frustrated with losing. Also its kind of a bonus that if i suck in SC2 i only get destroyed by the enemy player and not get my entire team upset like i would do in Dota 2 if i did something stupid.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• ionxeelionxeel Member UncommonPosts: 318

GW 2 - Amazing game, amazing level of polish, and amazing art style. Totaly worth the money, especially that it's B2P.

CoD: BO 2 - My favorite FPS on PC. Great graphics, maps load super fast, great performance, tons of fun.

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

Star Trek Online

aslo a bunch of ps vita games, little big planet especially

• KobaoKobao Member UncommonPosts: 27

Eador - Genesis

Dota 2

Asheron's Call 2

Would also want to try Dark Souls, Chivalry, King of Fighters XIII, Wipeout HD and 360 shmups, but don't have the hardware.

Also very secretly want to try play EVE and Wurm, but am not hardcore enough.

• WARCRYtmWARCRYtm Member Posts: 875
    GW2 - Best MMO at the moment
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

GW2: Best new MMO at the moment

Asheron's Call:  Only on the weekends when a dedicated group of high levels run group quests.  The rest of the week the servers are dead.

Torchlight II:  Best adventure game on the market

The Walking Dead: going through my 3rd play session now

Two Worlds II: fairly decent solo RPG

I also purchased the following on Steam Sales over the course of the holidays but havn't played them: Might and Magic, just Cause 2, and Sacred 2.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• AxrynAxryn Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Nightly-Age of Conan, regularly-Guild Wars 2, occasionally-The Secret World, occasionally-Lord of The Rings Online and rarely-Everquest.
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Gw2, just ended for short MOP, Swtor. But do not understand the part of question "why". Why we play? To suffer, to be bored to death, ....? :-) I play for fun, for enjoyment.
  • XithrylXithryl Member UncommonPosts: 256

GW2 and WoW, Mostly GW2 though idk, one day I saw a friend get back into it so decided eh why not, now I love it! I didn't care much for it after launch played it a bit until Mists of Pandaria came out, but now I'm loving it.

As for WoW, I just hop in here and there maybe for a few dailies or LFR, did some brawlers guild stuff that seems fun, but I prefer right now to spend the majority of my time in GW2.

• KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Originally posted by Kanyl

Skyrim.

Holy enchilada! Curious what you've got installed. Modding...it's addictive image

Well, I pretty much picked 85 "5 Stars" mods by myself and after that I just subscribed to some top player created packs. So you can easily pick out 200! But be aware, some might collide with each other and I am lucky enough not to experience that! ;)

• firestarter017firestarter017 Member Posts: 25

League of Legends and Dota. Just those two, don't have enough time to play other games.

What other games can you guys recommend?

• MarirranyaMarirranya Member Posts: 154

league of legends and cabal :3

i still have my other games but i cant seem to find the damn time to play them! hahahaha

anyone wanna play wif me? my cabal name is Czarlet in Mercury server im leveling up a wiz :3

LoL NA is ninabadgurl

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com

• XCOM: Enemy Unknown (extra game options added in last patch)

Legend of Grimrock.

Crysis (bought a 75% discount pack a while ago)

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081

Hotline Miami - Just finished it, awesome game

FTL - Very addictive

Kingdoms of Amalur (PS3) - Long fun RPG

LOTRO - Dabbling

EQ2 - Dabbling

Far Cry 3 - Awesome game

Deadlight - Just finished

GW2 - every so often

No signature, I don't have a pen

• OGJacksonOGJackson Member UncommonPosts: 23

Diablo 3 - Casual play and selling items on the RMAH as well as GAH.

EQ2 - Most of time on here. Can play for free with money made from Diablo.

SWGemu - trying to find disk to go dabble in this game for awhile.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

World of Warcraft - Cause I'm a casual player and am still having fun. 

Assassin's Creed 3 - Because it's amazing. 

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789

Hawken - Great fast paced mech game.

Borderlands 2 - Fun to farm legendaries and kill bosses with friends

Dayz - Closest thing to Zombie apoc simulator

World of Tanks - Like to jump in on my panther and wreck some tanks

Skyrim - Love playing Skyrim with stupid amount of mods

Path of Exile - What diablo 3 should have been.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

This month?

EvE - couldn't resist the 9.95 come back promotion followed shortly by a 29.95 90 day promotion.

4 months for 40 bucks is a great value!

I want to get into FW and PK (bounty hunting) and I can easily get myself into T2 cruiser/frigate PvP in a few weeks.

Nothing else really - barely have time for any MMO these days.

Waiting on FFXIV, Defiance in the hopefully somewhat short term - AA in the long haul.

Might play some more TERA once it hits F2P.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    IceWind Dale 2. MUCH better than the first. I plan on beating Heart of Fury Mode afterwards and then take my lvl30 characters through normal just to feel uber powerful :)