Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why every Asian fantasy mmorpg must have girls in mini skirts?

12346»

Comments

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Originally posted by Aison2
    Originally posted by Johnie-Marz
    Why is the sky blue... 

lol, it was rhetorical but thanks.

• Aison2Aison2 Member CommonPosts: 624

lol, it was rhetorical but thanks.

there was a joke in there before the mods deleted my original post

Pi*1337/100 = 42

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
        My biggest beef with anime is that the females all look like they are 8 year olds with alot of makeup on.
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    It's kind of annoying, I agree.  There seems to have been a decision to move away from that style in the West these last 10 years, which is nice.  More realism makes for better immersion.  The Asian market is definitely stuck in that mode though.  It could just be a simple aspect of being in such a conservative culture, sexually.  Here in the US, sex is everywhere, and we don't need video games to see mini skirts and tight shirts.  In Asia, anime and video games are some of the only ways you can see that.

You make me like charity

• LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223

When I think to myself, "I am going to go fight a dragon today" the first hing I do is go grab my armor thong, a thin linen strap to wrap around my boobs and some high heels, Oh and my 18 foot great sword. You can never be to careful!

In all realism, its mans world and a girl has got to accept that. I watch anime and it is all the same there, too. I mean who really watches anime for the upskirt shots? Pervs....image

• ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by LadyEuphei

When I think to myself, "I am going to go fight a dragon today" the first hing I do is go grab my armor thong, a thin linen strap to wrap around my boobs and some high heels, Oh and my 18 foot great sword. You can never be to careful!

In all realism, its mans world and a girl has got to accept that. I watch anime and it is all the same there, too. I mean who really watches anime for the upskirt shots? Pervs....image

I am sure you were describing He-man or most other 80's cartoon male hero's, or perhaps Conan in the first part of that post.  Or maybe any of the cast of 300. 

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

It's an attention grabber. It's light, fluffy and for the most part is a universal sell to men.

We love the giggly, wiggly girl. Most games offer a more conservative female option once you get in to game and they all have a male option that you can make as completely absurd. Not all guys are 6'2 and carved out of stone but that's the one we usually sculp for our game play.

We find the thing we want to play with as much as play as.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Originally posted by Scarfe

I am sure you were describing He-man or most other 80's cartoon male hero's, or perhaps Conan in the first part of that post.  Or maybe any of the cast of 300. 

They aren't made to look as if they are under-age girls first though, which is incredibly creepy... unless you're a fan of Asian games where it somehow ceases to matter.  Apparently.  Yech.

• ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by Dibdabs

They aren't made to look as if they are under-age girls first though, which is incredibly creepy... unless you're a fan of Asian games where it somehow ceases to matter.  Apparently.  Yech.

Yeah I was joking, but as has been said repeatedly in this thread the sexualisation of very young looking characters is messed up. 

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    Why is the sky blue... 

Then why isn't the sky purple?

http://xkcd.com/1145/

• SpectralHunterSpectralHunter Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by Dibdabs

Not all anime is meant for teenagers but most are meant for them so it's pretty obvious why a lot of them have teenage heroes and characters.  And what do you think the average teenage boy wants to see?

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Why is the sky blue... 

Rayleigh scattering... ^^

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."