Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Gaming Tablet Project Fiona has a name...

GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

A lot of gamers have been following the Razer Fiona project for awhile now. Things look finalized and are ready to launch now. 

Razer Edge and Razer Edge Pro

Razer Edge - $999.99 

http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-edge

• Intel Core i5 Dual core w/ Hyper Threading Base 1.7GHz / Turbo 2.6GHz
  • 4GB DDR3 (2x2GB 1600MHz)
  • Intel HD4000 (DX11) NVIDIA GT 640M LE (1GB DDR3, Optimus Technology)
  • 10.1” (IPS, 1366x768) 10-point capacitive touch
  • Windows 8
  • 64GB SSD (SATA-III) (The Razer Edge comes with great software to enhance your gaming experience. This software uses significant storage. Available storage is subject to change based on system software updates and apps usage.)
  • Intel WLAN (802.11b/g/n + BT4)
  • Stereo speakers Codec supports 7.1 (via HDMI) HD Webcam (front-facing, 2MP) Array microphones Dolby Home Theater v4 USB 3.0 x1 (green, SuperSpeed) Audio jack (3.5mm, 4-pole, stereo out / mic in)

Razer Edge Pro - $1299.99
  • Intel Core i7 Dual core w/ Hyper Threading Base 1.9GHz / Turbo 3.0GHz
  • 8GB DDR3 (2x4GB 1600MHz)
  • Intel HD4000 (DX11) NVIDIA GT 640M LE (2GB DDR3, Optimus Technology)
  • 10.1” (IPS, 1366x768) 10-point capacitive touch
  • Windows 8
  • 128/256GB SSD (SATA-III) (The Razer Edge Pro comes with great software to enhance your gaming experience. This software uses significant storage. Available storage is subject to change based on system software updates and apps usage.)
  • Intel WLAN (802.11b/g/n + BT4)
  • Stereo speakers Codec supports 7.1 (via HDMI) HD Webcam (front-facing, 2MP) Array microphones Dolby Home Theater v4 USB 3.0 x1 (green, SuperSpeed) Audio jack (3.5mm, 4-pole, stereo out / mic in)

These are pretty much cream of the crop for gaming tablets. 

Accessories are way over priced currently but the price for the specs on the tablet itself is a great deal. 

Comments

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

I typically buy majority of the Razer products.  But like the Razer Blade, when Im asked if I wanted to buy that I would say.....

"HELLZ NAW"

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

$1300 for a Razer Edge Pro, plus $250 for a gamepad controller and $200 for a keyboard dock.  Because $1300 wasn't enough to include those, so they had to be sold separately.

They notably don't make any claims about weight, thickness, or battery life.  Because it's likely to be about 4 pounds, an inch thick, and have less than an hour of battery life under gaming loads.  For that kind of money, you could pick up a Clevo W110ER, which would greatly outperform it in just about everything (Core i7-3630QM, GeForce GT 650M, 256 GB SSD) while being about as portable.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

That is insanely expensive.

What if the game you want to play takes up more than the available space? The entry level model only has a 64gb SSD, and 20gb at least is going to be taken up by Windows. I'm not sure how feasible it is to play one game at a time. Not for $1,000.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Quizzical

$1300 for a Razer Edge Pro, plus $250 for a gamepad controller and $200 for a keyboard dock.  Because $1300 wasn't enough to include those, so they had to be sold separately.

They notably don't make any claims about weight, thickness, or battery life.  Because it's likely to be about 4 pounds, an inch thick, and have less than an hour of battery life under gaming loads.  For that kind of money, you could pick up a Clevo W110ER, which would greatly outperform it in just about everything (Core i7-3630QM, GeForce GT 650M, 256 GB SSD) while being about as portable.

Nah, Clevo W110ER isn't even in the same ballpark. 

But I do agree it is pricey as hell though, but for the specs in a tablet it blows any other tablet in the same price range out of the water, though it does to more expensive tablets as well. 

All in all obviously I'm picking one up. Doesn't mean everyone should though lol. 

Will be about 2k for the pro and all the accessories, but for me it's worth it. It's either that or build another desktop for no reason lol. 

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by lizardbones

That is insanely expensive.

What if the game you want to play takes up more than the available space? The entry level model only has a 64gb SSD, and 20gb at least is going to be taken up by Windows. I'm not sure how feasible it is to play one game at a time. Not for $1,000.

The base version is a bad buy regardless of how you look at it. The Pro version gives you the option of a 256gb SSD. It's around 300 more but... it's the only real choice between the two. 

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by GrayGhost79
    Originally posted by lizardbones That is insanely expensive. What if the game you want to play takes up more than the available space? The entry level model only has a 64gb SSD, and 20gb at least is going to be taken up by Windows. I'm not sure how feasible it is to play one game at a time. Not for $1,000.
    The base version is a bad buy regardless of how you look at it. The Pro version gives you the option of a 256gb SSD. It's around 300 more but... it's the only real choice between the two. 

That is still crazy expensive. I think I could build a new gaming PC, with a big screen TV for less. Although...carrying it around with me would be a chore. :-)

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

I like it, looks like something cool to have.

The $1300 would not be bad if it came with everything, the extra $700 for the accessories is nuts tho.

I think I will stick to my Ipad and laptop while I am on the road. The laptop does just fine for my needs. Cool device for anyone who wants to drop the cash for one tho.

• KyutaSyukoKyutaSyuko Member UncommonPosts: 288

You do know that Razer didn't decide on the specs of this tablet by themselves right?  Not completely anyways.  They provided choices to their FB fans and their FB fans chose what the fans wanted and Razer built these tablets around those choices.  Granted  I agree the 64Gb SSD in the base model is a bit... small...

*edit*

Just looked at the website and I'll admit when I first saw the project I figured the controlers would come with the Tablet.  Well initially I think they intended for the controlers to be fixed, but a lot of fans requested detatcable controlers.  Guess Razer decided to cash in on that request...