Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Warframe Beta Key Giveaway Event!

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

MMORPG.com has been given beta keys for Warframe - a cooperative free-to-play action game set in an ever evolving sci-fi world.  Get in the beta now!

About Warframe

Warframe situates players as members of the Tenno race, newly awoken after years of cryo-sleep into a solar system at war. Reborn into a corrupt era, the Tenno are sought by the oppressive Grineer Empire for annihilation.  Warframe armor is the key to overthrowing the Grineer by providing players with unique offensive and defensive powers to explore, upgrade and master during purpose-driven radical raids.

For more information about Warframe - check out the official website here!

CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR BETA KEY NOW!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• IngvarIngvar Member UncommonPosts: 193
    Thank you.
  • rmk70rmk70 Member UncommonPosts: 408
    Never heard of it before... Looks kinda cool
  • EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    DL now:-)
  • EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    This game remind me of darksector.
    Cool game
  • zigalucardzigalucard Member UncommonPosts: 144
    pretty fun so far, thanks for the key!
  • redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230
    Having a ball, even bought a founders key, great Co-op game.
  • WonderweissMWonderweissM Member UncommonPosts: 127
    This really came out of no where lol. Looks pretty cool, I am about to try it now. Thanks for the key.
  • OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    So is this an MMORPG? Or is it just an action game? Is there character progression?
  • AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

Can't tell what is what here, can't even sign up to them(No email ever recived from them) and it won't allow me to sign up again(Says email is taken, username taken, etc) and no way to 'resend' the validation email...

But of what I could find/see, it looks intresting, will try to give it a shot when/if that issue ever resolved.

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527
    They utilize apex a great deal, which I find really exciting.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• WonderweissMWonderweissM Member UncommonPosts: 127
    If anyone wants to play with me, message me and I will add you ass a friend in game!
  • SabbicatSabbicat Member UncommonPosts: 290
    This looks interesting.
  • AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353
    got in, game looks fun, would have prob stuck with it, then I saw the platinium thing, which pretty much DEMANDS to be bought with RL to progress anywhere in game.. idk why exactly(Compared to other 'free to play' games with a cash option) but it really rubbed me the wrong way. I Don't think I'll be trying this one again. I am pretty sure that many will enjoy it(For a lobby game, ffs mmorpg.com this is NOT a mmorpg, its not a rpg, and its HARDLY a mmo lol) cuz it does look somewhat polished, fluid, and fun, but as I said, I was just put off by the payment 'options' (Again I'm not sure why, just didn't seem right)
  • WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699

This game is nothing more than Firefall done poorly... Right down to their "founders" package.

If for some reason you actually like this game? You should seriously consider Firefall as it is leaps and bounds better and is designed in the true spirit of an MMO, not some lobby game.

As previously mentioned Warframe is not pay to win it's prcatically pay to advance... and it ain't cheap.

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

Goddamn I'm an idiot, I bought the smallest founder package yesterday because I was curious. It did not occur to me that there might be beta keys available elsewhere.

I got very curious after watching TotalBiscuit's "preview" but I'm not so sure I like it after seeing those platinum prices. You're looking at prices up to $20 for ONE warframe (the healer one is hella expensive). Also, you can only unlock the PRO version of each warframe with platinum (about $5 I think) which allows you to get better stats, better skills and more mod slots. Since it's co-op this might not matter a whole lot but, still...

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    Ah pay to win, I'll pass then
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by OgreRaper
    Ah pay to win, I'll pass then

It's co-op. If someone else pay-to-win you win.

• ChromaticusChromaticus Member Posts: 1
    From what I can see, you can buy warframe blue print versions with the currency you earn by playing the game.  Is there a disadvantage to the blueprint versions?
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534
    Another cash grab game, sucks because some of the devs worked on some really good games in the past.
  • spawn12345spawn12345 Member UncommonPosts: 172

Its early beta and Ill judge it by that.

I think the core of the game is really fun and good.

Not enough variety yet but I heard they are working on it. Every level looks almost exactly the same

The only p2w I see is that you pretty much must buy the "pro" unlocks of warframe and weapons and thats something they also said they will take a look at. Everything else in the shop I dont have a any problem with. 

All in all its great and really fun with friends.