Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why every Asian fantasy mmorpg must have girls in mini skirts?

Comments

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    [mod edit]

I'm in PETA too... People Eating Tasty Animals... Fine steak and onions last night... ^^  But seriously, people who complain (and complain...) about something that trivial, are either "activist crusaders" or trolls.  If you don't like a games graphics or theme, go play something else.  Lord knows there are any number of games to play these days.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
    Originally posted by Stealthman06

If you are talking about Bless I really can't see your point, it looks nothing like Tera and it's little girls chars.

Bless is the only game I have seen for a long time coming out that has full body armour for female characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2iEhS1Xwio

That game looks *great*. Lets see how it plays, when its out.

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402
    the mayority of people playing are man  so ofcource we want to see boobs and sexy girls avatar it really dont matter,as me i play female in all game cause i like it and of course admire the woman beauty and body. its normall it obvius a perfect girl more than a fatty but hey  still its fantasy and normal

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    You have to understand the anime,manwha and manga culture behind many of these games before making these cringeworthy judgemental views.

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

I thought the whole point of playing FANTASY videogames are that they are nothing like the real world.

Maybe it's just me, but if I wanted something close to the real world as possible, I would probably not play any games at all as they are in a way or the other alterating reality.

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Gorwe

But in Aoc and war they are fully grown women.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by Gorwe
    I find any form of nudity vulgar and unattractive. Maybe I am weird but girl dressed as a typical 13 year old Habsburg era girl(all fine n dandy with all them coats and shoes and...LOL!) would turn me on sooner than some butt naked chick. But then again I fancy having my IMAGINATION stroked and not something else. Maybe I am pedo material(who knows eh?)

And about the sentiment about nudity and location: have you EVER seen Warhammer(Maidens of Gaean Vale/Witch Elves) or Conan(every girl=slut. I swear it, that R.E Howard dude had some issues)??? Again, I would Like to reiterate that I'd Like my heroine be dressed in fancier/more Fantasy way of noble's gowns(think Sorcerer's robes). NOT NAKED!!!

And yes, I am more into faces/personalities n stuff than I am into tits/asses(especially the last-so unhygienic-YUCK, think of all the bacteria ffs). But I prefer the choice because what I Like, some(most) others would hate. Point in case-my love for all thing Elven...

Am I really so strange(Elves n nicely dressed girls)? Or is it normal?

No, you are just "you". Though looking over your post you say more about you than you probably intend. Oh, and regarding some things, "that's why people wash" and "the mouth has more germs than many people realize."

Still, sexuality is subjective in many cases and people are who they are.

I kind of wish someone from an asian culture, more notably Japan or South Korea, would weigh in whenever we see these threads as it would be more helpful to see someone with a "home persepective" with real insight.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632
    Originally posted by Gorwe
    I find any form of nudity vulgar and unattractive. Maybe I am weird but girl dressed as a typical 13 year old Habsburg era girl(all fine n dandy with all them coats and shoes and...LOL!) would turn me on sooner than some butt naked chick. But then again I fancy having my IMAGINATION stroked and not something else. Maybe I am pedo material(who knows eh?)

And about the sentiment about nudity and location: have you EVER seen Warhammer(Maidens of Gaean Vale/Witch Elves) or Conan(every girl=slut. I swear it, that R.E Howard dude had some issues)??? Again, I would Like to reiterate that I'd Like my heroine be dressed in fancier/more Fantasy way of noble's gowns(think Sorcerer's robes). NOT NAKED!!!

And yes, I am more into faces/personalities n stuff than I am into tits/asses(especially the last-so unhygienic-YUCK, think of all the bacteria ffs). But I prefer the choice because what I Like, some(most) others would hate. Point in case-my love for all thing Elven...

Am I really so strange(Elves n nicely dressed girls)? Or is it normal?

Your Man-Card has been suspended indefinitely.

---------------------------------

*sighs*   Girls in mini skirts for armor is awesome.  No one wants to see a female castanic in full plate, thats just a waste.  Come on guys, get real.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Cultural differences.  Ain't sociology grand?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• KingKaioKingKaio Member Posts: 48
    Not attacking you but you sound like prude. 
    I have no problem with sexuality. I don't see it as something that is shameful or vulgar.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by zomard100
    I don't know people why but i hate that! I like girls  but what is to much it is to much. It looks so ridiculous to see characters running around with ass high up in the sky dressed in mini skirts. I saw that new Bless mmo and was so excited for few minutes so i gave  fast look on Tube to see what is about this game. And guess what! Again almost naked fragile girls in miniskirts with huge boobs swinging huge swords like crazy. Graphic is so realistic and awesome and again we have this Tera effect in every single new Asian mmorpg. Do you hate this?

For cloth using classes I dont care as long as there is alternatives.

For heavy armor on the other hand it is just silly. Look on Tera, you can see the panties of any female in the game and that is just silly (and somewhat offensive).

In a MMO you should be able to have your avatar look the way you want him/her. Sure, if you want to make a female avatar that looks like she is dating Charlie Sheen that is fine as long as you actually can make one in sensible clothes with a normal body as well.

I demand some armors (both male and female) that actually looks like they are usable in real combat, and I dont think that is too much to ask for. That there then is alternatives for people wanting an unrealistic look is no problem for me, the more options the better.

• FistyMayhemFistyMayhem Member UncommonPosts: 61
    I'm an almost middle aged white American woman, I've been obsessively  playing PC games since EQ1 back in 2001.  I also watch a lot of anime and spent a year living in S Korea.  I like all games, really, regardless of genera.  I don't mind female characters in mini skirts, though bare midriffs on plate armor seems a bit past silly to me.  It doesn't matter to me one bit what caster types wears, a full length cloth robe isn't going to stop a sword any more than a bikini would.  As for male characters, I prefer the asian designed more svelt and effeminate types.. but that has more to do with my RL preferences in men.. big buff guys just really turn me off.
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper

to OP:

It's simple. there are 7 billion people in the world. 3.5 are men which are by far the biggest consumers of online gaming. of those about 2 billion are asians, and the majority of them want to play with what they never see in RL: half naked young girls with big boobs.

there is simply no better business plan.

I disagree here,  asian girls are most sexy on world ,they are around 2 bilions peoples

In games it is just asian art style  ,they are not limited in sexuality as our western hypocrite culture

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by DMKano
    To me I find it a lot more funny that male Asian characters look very effeminate, I know its a cultural thing, but I am not a fan of that at all.Chicks in minis - yes please.
    I happen to agree :)

Here ya go. An old D&D cartoon...

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• LizardoneLizardone Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper

to OP:

It's simple. there are 7 billion people in the world. 3.5 are men which are by far the biggest consumers of online gaming. of those about 2 billion are asians, and the majority of them want to play with what they never see in RL: half naked young girls with big boobs.

there is simply no better business plan.

^^ this; it's business as usual

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by greenreen
    Originally posted by greenreen
    Originally posted by ste2000

It does annoy me.......together with the cute fluffy characters, it just turns me off (gamingly speaking)

It is not the fact that young ladies goes around half naked, but the fact that they do not look like fighters therefore they kill the immersion.

Look at AoC girls, that's how it is done.

They are sexual, but fit completely the lore.

Schoolgirls that holds huge Swords and fight like barbarians...........no thanks.

Yea man! That's  what i'm talking about. Girls from western mmo's looks like warriors and not like schoolgirls.  You got it :)

lol Wasn't AOC the game that people got excited that they could expose full frontal on women.  Funny to see it brought up in this topic. That's all I heard about the game , kick people with horses, blood spattered screens, and see boobs. Yup, that was it, found the horse video.

Any school girl in miniskirt with huge sword running around in AOC? I see that you can't understand, read  post from that guy about immersion

Gotcha, I see now. Your disdain isn't the sexuality of it but the childhood sexuality of it. So you have a complaint about the young girl look alone not partially dressed warriors.

That D&D pic posted was funny hehe - catching up on the thread.

Got to agree, I really don't care if every male and female character in an mmo runs around with everything hanging out as long as they look adult.  I do have an issue with the tendancy towards the sexualisation of very young looking characters. 

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

Originally posted by dave6660
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    Cultural differences.  Ain't sociology grand?

[mod edit]

Apples and hammers.  Different cultures have different norms.   Not to mention that extremists tend to have entirely different perspectives on matters than most in a given culture.  One example in the west is the ultra feminists who consider marriage to be slavery.

As far as "cards" go, the "offense" card has been played so often that its not nearly as effective as it once was.

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601

The cultural differenes thing while a lot of it is just a smoke screen there are some legit examples.  ie. the age of consent differs from country to country and region to region within the same country.

As I understand it, in most (not all) of the US states have the age of consent to be 18.  Here in Canada it i 16, and until about 10-15 years ago it was 14.  So what is considered statutory rape in the US is legal in Canada.

Just something to consider on the cultural differences thing. 

My mistake it was changed in 2008

http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/dept-min/clp/faq.html

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HauvarnHauvarn Member Posts: 220
    Originally posted by ste2000

It does annoy me.......together with the cute fluffy characters, it just turns me off (gamingly speaking)

It is not the fact that young ladies goes around half naked, but the fact that they do not look like fighters therefore they kill the immersion.

Look at AoC girls, that's how it is done.

They are sexual, but fit completely the lore.

Schoolgirls that holds huge Swords and fight like barbarians...........no thanks.

Yea man! That's  what i'm talking about. Girls from western mmo's looks like warriors and not like schoolgirls.  You got it :)

Well that picture was of a prostitute so it kinda makes since she doesn't look like a warrior.........

I think this whole debate crumbles into do you like anime or do you not like anime.

Yes I played SWTOR.

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Why is the sky blue... 
  • ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by Johnie-Marz
    Why is the sky blue... 

refraction of sunlight into the ... yawn.

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Sex/suggestive themes sell. Next question.
  • Aison2Aison2 Member CommonPosts: 624
    Originally posted by Johnie-Marz
    Why is the sky blue... 

Pi*1337/100 = 42