Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard's Titan may not be a new IP after all

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Here yo u go. Get ready for some Starcraft Ghost if ths is true. It is coming to pc and the new Xbox so he says.

Link: http://titanfocus.info/_/news/titan-is-not-entirely-a-brand-new-ip-and-is-also-coming-on-xbox-more-rumor-r60

Comments

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

well, if i have to believe blizz or a random blue post faker, i go with blizz ^^

seriously, we know about their history and sueing those who broke the internal NDA. i dont have alot of trust in a random page ^^

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Thane

well, if i have to believe blizz or a random blue post faker, i go with blizz ^^

seriously, we know about their history and sueing those who broke the internal NDA. i dont have alot of trust in a random page ^^

A random page that literally was the first to use the term "project titan" and predicted when SC2 and Diablo 3 would be out when everyone else was waaaay off.

Legit source seems legit.

Sorry you didn't take the time to READ the article?

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Originally posted by Laughing-man
    Originally posted by Thane

A random page that literally was the first to use the term "project titan" and predicted when SC2 and Diablo 3 would be out when everyone else was waaaay off.

Legit source seems legit.

Sorry you didn't take the time to READ the article?

That is why they call it a rumor and not fact as of yet.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

You know, they could be taking an existing IP as a starting point, and creating a new IP from that. For instance, set the location in the Star Craft universe, but with a race that the three main races have never heard of. They could set the location in a star system that all three races reaches, but then abandoned. After a couple thousand years none of the races is the same as their parent races, stories, technologies or worlds, so now you have a new IP.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• LummLumm Member UncommonPosts: 134
    If this is true then i am very disapointed. Really looking for someone new and fresh and not the same ole thing blizz likes to throw at us for our dollars because they know most will pay for it initially.
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

At this point nothing would surprise me, and nothing in the article leads me to believe really anything. They could be doing the work in the Diablo wing of the building, but maybe only to throw everyone off. At the same time, the "source" could be actually a plant by Blizzard to garner publicity. I often believe that the Blizzard "leaks" are simply a viral marketting campaign, such as the death knight info site that was up and running during friends and family alpha of wotlk. There was countless videos of dks running around eastern plaguelands killing things and showing off the different DK builds. Yet, no take down was issued by Blizzard, even though the game was supposedly in a closed alpha.

I just choose to ignore everything until we have more concrete details.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Halo mmo
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by lizardbones

You know, they could be taking an existing IP as a starting point, and creating a new IP from that. For instance, set the location in the Star Craft universe, but with a race that the three main races have never heard of. They could set the location in a star system that all three races reaches, but then abandoned. After a couple thousand years none of the races is the same as their parent races, stories, technologies or worlds, so now you have a new IP.

This is the idea I believe. Take Warhammer for example. The 40k version and the fantasy version where connected early on (I believe). The planet fantasy is on was a planet in the 40k universe. Just not reachable. There was some vague overlap (Sigmar being from the 40k universe and the twin comets was actually his spacecraft), but nothing concrete.

I think the source seems ligit, might still be he is wrong, but if not then my guess is that it will be something like that. Most likely something already reference in one of there games or in the lore or that there is an mention of it in Heart of the Swarm or the expension after that.

Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Halo mmo

Doubtfull, but nowhere does it state it has to be a IP already owned by Blizzard. 

• OutisOutis Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Originally posted by Kaneth

At this point nothing would surprise me, and nothing in the article leads me to believe really anything. They could be doing the work in the Diablo wing of the building, but maybe only to throw everyone off. At the same time, the "source" could be actually a plant by Blizzard to garner publicity. I often believe that the Blizzard "leaks" are simply a viral marketting campaign, such as the death knight info site that was up and running during friends and family alpha of wotlk. There was countless videos of dks running around eastern plaguelands killing things and showing off the different DK builds. Yet, no take down was issued by Blizzard, even though the game was supposedly in a closed alpha.

"At the same time, the "source" could be actually a plant by Blizzard to garner publicity."

I would say this is more true the most people want to believe.

Originally posted by Outis
    Originally posted by Kaneth

"At the same time, the "source" could be actually a plant by Blizzard to garner publicity."

I would say this is more true the most people want to believe.

That would only make the source so much more creditable. It seems all his leaks where spot on. Why would blizzard then use the same person to leak false information and what would the point be of leaking false information in the first place. 

• VarkingVarking Member UncommonPosts: 542
    Link doesn't work for me.
    Coman

Been rumoured for a while, microsoft and acti/ bliz working on a 720 / win 8 exclusive mmo
    Coman

Been rumoured for a while, microsoft and acti/ bliz working on a 720 / win 8 exclusive mmo

Win 8 exclusive seem very unlikely. Would be the dumbest move in MMO history.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    So a Diablo MMO?  Thought it would be a space MMO, starcraftish.
  • basel51basel51 Member Posts: 1
    thank you for the subjectimageimage

www.dalpal.ps

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    WoW 40K, remember my words. 
    I think it will be a space mmo, the halo mmo thing they were supposedly working on years back rebranded as starcraft or "wow 40k" or even cod.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    There's no way it's a diablo spinoff.  If it was, they'd be working much harder at improving customer satisfaction on D3.  Plus that's just not how they work.  The diablo franchise is kind of their stepchild.  The fans love the franchise but it's never been a priority for them.  They are far more attached to Starcraft and Warcraft.  Those two franchises have had spinoffs attempted and aborted in the past.
  • DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337
    Originally posted by Coman
    Coman

Win 8 exclusive seem very unlikely. Would be the dumbest move in MMO history.

/shakes head.

ShakyMo obvously doesn't know anything about how windows works..

If it works on 8 it WOULD work on 7. and most likely vista and xp... 

Anyways back on topic. I hope it isn't a starcraft mmo... never really cared for that IP

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    If they were going to make a diablo mmo, they wouldn't have bothered with diablo 3.  They ARE however working on an expansion for D3.    As someone who loved diablo 2, I wish it were a diablo action-mmo, but it's just not the case, not this time around.
    Dewn
    Not if Microsoft gave activision a ton of money to make it metro or dx11.1 exclusive.
  • Laxmi_GaneshLaxmi_Ganesh Member Posts: 4
    I really hope its Starcraft!
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Normandy7

Here yo u go. Get ready for some Starcraft Ghost if ths is true. It is coming to pc and the new Xbox so he says.

Link: http://titanfocus.info/_/news/titan-is-not-entirely-a-brand-new-ip-and-is-also-coming-on-xbox-more-rumor-r60

the SONY partnership announcement kills the xbox rumor

http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/20/4011152/blizzard-and-sony-announce-strategic-partnership

I'm still suspicious of that bungie mmofps not being on pc. As they are both part of activision i wouldn't be suprised if Titan was the pc version.
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

I PREDCIT the Logo will look like this:

TiTAN

mark my words

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !