Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[General Article] General: Bill's Games of 2013

2»

Comments

• releasemereleaseme Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Originally posted by releaseme

"or will it give them an endgame that's worth hanging around for?"

[mod edit]

You might want to follow what ESO is doing at their level cap (hint - so far it's all talk of dungeons, PVP, and more dungeons) then come back and be a bit nicer. 

And for what it's worth, I think WoW has a terribly endgame model.

You are so clueless of the Elder Scrolls Community it's offensive!

TESO will have a huge community of role playing people that will circumvent game mechanics and content to enjoy the game for years!

Like I said you are clueless so go back to your WoW cave!

The role playing folks in TESO are the endgame in TESO!

We will have endgame from level one!

But WoW kids like you will never see that, because you hope for "better dungeons" LOL

Cave WoW go in back!

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Originally posted by BillMurphy

[mod edit]

You might want to follow what ESO is doing at their level cap (hint - so far it's all talk of dungeons, PVP, and more dungeons) then come back and be a bit nicer. 

And for what it's worth, I think WoW has a terribly endgame model.

You are so clueless of the Elder Scrolls Community it's offensive!

TESO will have a huge community of role playing people that will circumvent game mechanics and content to enjoy the game for years!

Like I said you are clueless so go back to your WoW cave!

The role playing folks in TESO are the endgame in TESO!

We will have endgame from level one!

But WoW kids like you will never see that, because you hope for "better dungeons" LOL

Cave WoW go in back!

Mmkay...

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
  • RlechotRlechot Member UncommonPosts: 25

For me, It's Citadel of Sorcery hands down. This game is going to take the best things out of a themepark and sandbox and out them together into a game that is going to hold people's interest for years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Xj-VaYrvg

• zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    Yea! TESO!
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Ingvar
    Originally posted by Baikal
    Originally posted by Ingvar
    I don't get my hopes up for any game anymore. I wait for 6 months or so untill after the release to see if the game sucks or not.

I've been burnt in the past as well, and it's hard to get excited. That said, there are enough titles there, that I'm definitely paying cursory attention to, without diving into at this point.

Paying attention is one thing getting my hopes up is another

Exactly.  Nothign wrong with anticapting releases you're looking forward too either.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by dadante666
    ArcheAge

Thats more like 2015

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

The fact that TES Online is a themepark just shows that they've already made the game wrong. TES series is a sandbox single player, so why not make a sandbox MMO. This is why game devs need to make games and game devs who actually played MMOs before WoW existed need to make MMOs.

It feels like it's just going to be another typical MMO with TES theme slapped on to it. You're not gonna be able to be anything but a fighting (whether magic, melee, range and healing) adventurer and have no true impact. I'll bet everyone has some stupid main quest that they do where they're the great hero rather than just be one person a part of a world with other real people which is what current MMOs all do.

There's no way that many people will be looking forward to this especially after GW2 has shown everything that is wrong with MMOs today. Unless of course you're one of those people that can play an MMO for a few months without realising you're never actually interacting with people that much, but you're just going through limited content and a linear story rather than making your own adventures.

The other day my friend was telling me about his adventures in [game that wont be mentioned] and how something cool happened, but then he noticed how it was just a scripted story event and not something that's organic so it wasn't really that amazing. Compared to a game like Star Wars Galaxy or EvE or even something like Second Life where every player's story is different because they're in an online virtual world and not just a game where the developer is holding everyone's hand and showing them some generic story where everyone is playing the same "hero of the city/country/world/universe" character