Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone had much experience with their customer support? Having trouble.

DecadentiaDecadentia Member Posts: 464

Just wondering if anyone could help me out...

I pre-purchased this game at released, stop playing approximately a month afterwards. So I wanted to try it again,  I forgot my password, and had to email them about resetting the password...I got an email saying this...

"Thanks for contacting NCsoft Account Support.

I am transferring this support ticket to the NCsoft Account Admin Team so that they can review your appeal. Once your appeal has been reviewed or if additional information is necessary to process this request, the NCsoft Account Admin Team will update this ticket. Since investigations can take 24 hours or longer, depending upon the individual factors that led to the sanction, we appreciate your patience while your case is being reviewed.

The NCsoft Account Admin Team will only review the account sanctions and will not be able to assist you with game/account specific questions such as item/character status, how an account may have been compromised, or specific information about an account intrusion. If necessary, those issues can be addressed by the Game Support Team once your appeal has been completed.

Thank you,
Elpida
NCsoft Account Support"

So...I emailed them regarding a password reset...and get that, which seems like they closed my account? I asked for an update twice so far, it's been a week, and no response.

Has anyone experienced this? Is there any phone number I can call? I'm baffled by how they aren't responding.

Comments

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Why didn't you use the "forgot my password" route?

• DecadentiaDecadentia Member Posts: 464
    Originally posted by Kuppa

I tried, it requires you to give them your serial # for the game and character name in-game. Every possible character name I could have used did not work. They do not reset passwords on their site like most websites would (aka, send you an email if you request it).

I'd honestly just like a reply from them, or a phone # (though I cannot seem to find one).

Originally posted by Decadentia

I did, it requires you to give them your serial # for the game and character name in-game. Every possible character name I could have used did not work. They do not reset passwords on their site like most websites would (aka, send you an email if you request it).

Yes, it's actually more secure. It will probably be harder to get it back if you got locked out of your account after failing the forgot your password portion though...Not sure what you can do but wait.

I did, it requires you to give them your serial # for the game and character name in-game. Every possible character name I could have used did not work. They do not reset passwords on their site like most websites would (aka, send you an email if you request it).

Yes, it's actually more secure. It will probably be harder to get it back if you got locked out of your account after failing the forgot your password portion though...Not sure what you can do but wait.

I didn't state that my account has been locked due to failing to enter the password, not sure where you got this. The response I got back from them seems to indicate my account was closed, though I never received any emails from them about this.

I've been waiting, a week now. It's getting a bit ridiculous.

• bookworm438bookworm438 Member Posts: 647

I didn't state that my account has been locked due to failing to enter the password, not sure where you got this. The response I got back from them seems to indicate my account was closed, though I never received any emails from them about this.

I remember them saying that every time you update your ticket it actually slows down the response time. 

Anyways, my guess is that your account was hacked and banned for botting. 

• KalestonKaleston Member Posts: 173

If you are waiting more than 3 days, try to post in this thread:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account/Tickets-for-Review-3-days-and-older-merged

Moderator of this thread is really helpful and problems are usually pushed forward rather sooner than later (talking from personal experience).

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

I pre-purchased this game at released, stop playing approximately a month afterwards. So I wanted to try it again,  I forgot my password, and had to email them about resetting the password...I got an email saying this...

I am transferring this support ticket to the NCsoft Account Admin Team so that they can review your appeal. Once your appeal has been reviewed or if additional information is necessary to process this request, the NCsoft Account Admin Team will update this ticket. Since investigations can take 24 hours or longer, depending upon the individual factors that led to the sanction, we appreciate your patience while your case is being reviewed.

The NCsoft Account Admin Team will only review the account sanctions and will not be able to assist you with game/account specific questions such as item/character status, how an account may have been compromised, or specific information about an account intrusion. If necessary, those issues can be addressed by the Game Support Team once your appeal has been completed.

Thank you,
    Elpida
    NCsoft Account Support"

So...I emailed them regarding a password reset...and get that, which seems like they closed my account? I asked for an update twice so far, it's been a week, and no response.

Has anyone experienced this? Is there any phone number I can call? I'm baffled by how they aren't responding.

Sounds odd that you don't remember your Character's names and your SN for the game. It sounds like you got hacked and hence why you got this email.

Somethings doesn't smell right with this story - we are not getting all the information.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

That doesn't look like the normal response they give for issues like this. Normally, you'd get an email asking for your serial code and some other things. Also, it shouldn't take this long. Usually they respond in less then two days.

It's possible your account was hacked, but speculating about it is a bit pointless at this point. Just post in the above-mentioned thread after checking your spam folder.

Originally posted by botrytis

Thank you,
    Elpida
    NCsoft Account Support"

Sounds odd that you don't remember your Character's names and your SN for the game. It sounds like you got hacked and hence why you got this email.

Somethings doesn't smell right with this story - we are not getting all the information.

I never said I didn't give them my serial number, the story is as vanilla as can be. I tried to reset my password, the information I provided was not getting it done (it seemed like the Character name I could not remember, I remember using something slightly off from what I normally do) and could not reset the password. I sent an email and received that response, there sure are some cynics on this site to see a conspiracy in that.

It honestly does seem like my account was closed due to someone trying to hack it, or possibly it was hacked though I find that doubtful. I likely played it enough to get level 14-15 maybe? I remember they had quite a few issues with brute force attacks on accounts.

Thank you very much for that link however, hopefully that will give me an option.

• steelheartxsteelheartx Member UncommonPosts: 434

I actually found their customer support to be very prompt (at least a few months ago).

A few months ago my son's account got jacked.  After contacting them i recieved an emailed responce in about 30mins and then he had his account back soon afterward.

Looking for a family that you can game with for life? Check out Grievance at https://www.grievancegaming.org !

I didn't say you were locked out because of failing to enter the password. I said it was because you failed the forgot your password portion. Otherwise you would be able to retreat it from there. I guess I don't see why you contacted them when you can do it with that mechanism.

Originally posted by botrytis

Thank you,
    Elpida
    NCsoft Account Support"

I never said I didn't give them my serial number, the story is as vanilla as can be. I tried to reset my password, the information I provided was not getting it done (it seemed like the Character name I could not remember, I remember using something slightly off from what I normally do) and could not reset the password. I sent an email and received that response, there sure are some cynics on this site to see a conspiracy in that.

It honestly does seem like my account was closed due to someone trying to hack it, or possibly it was hacked though I find that doubtful. I likely played it enough to get level 14-15 maybe? I remember they had quite a few issues with brute force attacks on accounts.

Thank you very much for that link however, hopefully that will give me an option.

You might have gotten locked out because it failed the forgot a password portion. Either way Im sure getting your account back will take some time. NCSofts account services aren't that fast...

I didn't say you were locked out because of failing to enter the password. I said it was because you failed the forgot your password portion. Otherwise you would be able to retreat it from there. I guess I don't see why you contacted them when you can do it with that mechanism.

I contacted them as I could not reset my password with their mechanism. Though I'm starting to doubt if it has less to do with forgetting my character name, and more to do with my account likely closed.

I contacted them as I could not reset my password with their mechanism. Though I'm starting to doubt if it has less to do with forgetting my character name, and more to do with my account likely closed.

That would suck....ncsoft support is not great I would say.

Sadly with the forum link posted it requires access to your account to login. The support login feature does not allow access to their forums.

Ah well...continue to wait I suppose. Just a bit surprising that they responded once, and taking longer than a week since the last update.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

I had a similar problem with GW1.

The end was , i threw it in the trashcan and now you know why i never touched GW2.

Shitty company is shitty company.

• NeferaNefera Member Posts: 426

Did you contact NCSoft support, or Guild Wars 2 support? Make sure you've contacted GW2 support, just to make sure your ticket is being processed in the correct place.

GW2 forums also have a specific thread to post tickets that are over 3 days old (you'll need to include the 12-digit ticket number and a brief description of issue) for Gaile Gray (their support liaison) to take a closer look at what's keeping the tickets unresolved. If you can't access the forums yourself, maybe a friend could post in that thread for you?

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    I emailed them regarding a password reset.

who did you email ?

Sorry, I should reiterate, by "emailed" I mean I opened a support ticket on the Guild Wars 2 support web page and received the response in the OP. I've updated/responded to the ticket twice since their response asking for an update.

• ZoyitaZoyita Member Posts: 119

NCsoft have a great customer support, if i had trouble in Aion they even had a online chat. Also yes i kinda feel a change in the past month, i had a case too and they arent handling it good.

They have a thread in Gw2 official forum for tickets of one week old unresolve, thats how i made them to look in my ticket, before that i didnt had a responce.

• XithrylXithryl Member UncommonPosts: 256

https://en.support.guildwars2.com/

Check there, I recently had great success getting an account back.

Basically what you will be doing is creating a ticket, be sure to add as much information as you possibly can.

Good luck! I recently started playing again and its way better than I remember!