Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cartel Market rakes in the cash

124»

Comments

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980
    Originally posted by BigAndShiny

Let me let you in on a secret.  WoW only has 160 developers.  Yes, that's less than Guild Wars 2, less than Aion in Korea, and probably around the same as SWTOR has left now that ey've cut their team down from 400 after the layoffs. 

A game that could easily support a thousand devs without eating too much into activision's profit has only 160.  

160 real devs is quite a huge team if you ask, especially if they have plenty of experience.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by ktanner3
    Originally posted by FromHell

oh well there goes my hope for swg2

As if that was ever a possibility to begin with. 

guess swtor won't be shut down if it still makes some cash

Nope. This one's sticking around for awhile. 

A bit positve there about its longevity. With the way things go lately, you can never be sure of anything. It will probably last as long as the licence runs for, and you better hope they bought a longer one than 2 years.

It also depends on how much they are still getting from the cash shop, as EA themselves said they still need $7.5 million per month to break even. Under normal circumstances even $4 million a month would be raking it in, but SWTOR needs way more than that to survive, and that is straight from the horses (EAs) mouths.

But if it is true, then there goes my hopes for a decent SWTOR as outlined by Bioware, more lifeless / useless gaymeplay (not an insult it is actually happening /sigh), and loads more nickle and diming.

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495
    honestly, as someone who spent thousands of points in the lotro store, what is there to buy in the swtor cash-shop? I spent 200 on inventory space that's it
  • MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495
    honestly, as someone who spent thousands of points in the lotro store, what is there to buy in the swtor cash-shop? I spent 200 on inventory space that's it
  • gracefieldgracefield Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by Rocketeer

2500 people is not a small sample group. Medical tests on life and death medicamentation(like cancer) is done on far smaller sample sizes.

Obviously fansites are mostly visited by people already dedicated to the game. That being said, yes they are making silly amounts of money with the cartel market. All F2P games with a sizeable population do. Its like putting a one armed bandit into a corner of your restaurant, your not selling less food, but you will make extra money with it.

Reason being that many people have no problem a sub, thats fine. However there is a subgroup in those subbers, that don't have any problem spending 10x a subs value on a ingame store if it happens to carry something they like. I spent like 50$ myself, getting field respecs and the like for all my chars, its quite handy and i don't mind the money.

It's not a word - but it should be!

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Originally posted by gracefield
    Originally posted by Rocketeer

2500 people is not a small sample group. Medical tests on life and death medicamentation(like cancer) is done on far smaller sample sizes.

Obviously fansites are mostly visited by people already dedicated to the game. That being said, yes they are making silly amounts of money with the cartel market. All F2P games with a sizeable population do. Its like putting a one armed bandit into a corner of your restaurant, your not selling less food, but you will make extra money with it.

Reason being that many people have no problem a sub, thats fine. However there is a subgroup in those subbers, that don't have any problem spending 10x a subs value on a ingame store if it happens to carry something they like. I spent like 50$ myself, getting field respecs and the like for all my chars, its quite handy and i don't mind the money.

It's not a word - but it should be!

+1 image