Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Petition Against Nexon America

NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Saratoga springs, NYPosts: 53Member Uncommon
Tired of the unstable and unplayable game-service on the Vindictus servers? Let's see what this can do.


http://www.change.org/petitions/nexon-america-to-please-fix-and-or-upgrade-their-game-service-protocols-for-vindictus
Tagged:
«1

Comments

  • jimdandy26jimdandy26 salem, ORPosts: 527Member
    That is going to do diddly squat. Kudos for trying though!

    I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

    To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

  • RaysheRayshe London, ONPosts: 1,278Member Uncommon
    The only way i could see this doing anything is if it came along with a kickstarter that says "here is your prize if you fix the servers"

    Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Saratoga springs, NYPosts: 53Member Uncommon

    Has anyone even ever tried speaking against Nexon? i mean they are just a Company filled with people. It's not like they are "God's" or anything.

     

    Is it me or do people tend to assume nothing can be done?

  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour SwedenPosts: 2,155Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Neoyoshi
    Has anyone even ever tried speaking against Nexon? i mean they are just a Company filled with people. It's not like they are "God's" or anything.   Is it me or do people tend to assume nothing can be done?

    People who don't really have a reason to care as long as they are getting their paychecks. Working in the mmorpg industry for a publisher, is not exactly a dream job.  It is not like Nexon is SquareEnix.

  • tawesstawess LkpgPosts: 3,476Member Rare

    As long as people keep playing a petition will do jack n less... The only thing that will get the job done is a lenghty blockade.

     

    Ofc that coudlspell the end for the game...

     

    Also people act like it is a "quick fix" that the company is holding out on just to torment the players. There is a slight risk that the problem is not something that can be solved on the games current budget.

     

    But petitoon away... i wish you the best fo luck...

    Tawess soapbox

    This have been a good conversation

  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Saratoga springs, NYPosts: 53Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    Originally posted by Neoyoshi
    Has anyone even ever tried speaking against Nexon? i mean they are just a Company filled with people. It's not like they are "God's" or anything.   Is it me or do people tend to assume nothing can be done?

    People who don't really have a reason to care as long as they are getting their paychecks. Working in the mmorpg industry for a publisher, is not exactly a dream job.  It is not like Nexon is SquareEnix.

     

    I understand, it's just frustrating seeing the type of attitude some people have (not here at MMORPG) towards this type of topic.

     

    I do sympthyize with a certain level of peoples cynicism towards Nexon. The Vindictus forums is a cesspool from what i've been able to gather. Mostly from the lack of Moderation.

     

  • BanquettoBanquetto CityPosts: 1,037Member Uncommon

    You get what you pay for.. with "Vindictus, the ultimate FREE fast action fighting massively multiplayer online game"

    (emphasis theirs)

  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Sioux City, IAPosts: 3,828Member Common

    I applaud your passion, but...


    To:
    Nexon America
    I have played Vindictus since the start of Closed Beta and over the years the quality of the game servers have plummeted to various lows, and i am fed up with it.

    But because i enjoy the game so much, i am not going to simply abandon it like others have.

    Sincerely,
    [Your name]


    Can only closed beta testers sign this petition? That kind of limits those who can sign, doesn't it? Otherwise they are liars if they sign it.

    If they cared, would this be a problem?
    Are you paying them money or playing for free?
    How about all the other signers?
    What are you threatening them with if they don't comply with your demands of them?
    What are you offering them if they do comply?
    Do you think they are aware of the problems or not?

    Nexon America is a business, not a Government agency that caters to special interest groups. Just like NCSoft (with the CoH closing petition), it does absolutely nothing. *You* have no say in the way they run their business, other than not playing their games. They don't answer to *you* or however many sign this. They answer to their board of directors and investors.

    I have been in customer service for many years and know that customers that demand things from a business are the worst customers a business can have. They end up costing the business much more than they give back.

    This reminds me of a "hot topic" awhile back in my community. Rush Limbaugh said something offensive. *gasp* Like that isn't to be expected. All these left wingnuts who never listen to the show, nor patronize his sponsors, threaten the local station that carries his show with what? To not listen and support the advertisers with their business that they don't even do now anyways?

    Petitions have their place. And when used correctly, they can work wonders. Usually in letting the Government know that the populace so terribly represented by people they voted for is not happy. Petitions have NO place dictating to businesses how to run their show. None of them answer to *you* (general you, in this case).

    - Al

    Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

  • MumboJumboMumboJumbo LondonPosts: 3,219Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Rayshe
    The only way i could see this doing anything is if it came along with a kickstarter that says "here is your prize if you fix the servers"

    I appreciate you're being flippant ;) but KS has rules which would not comply with this.

    I'm honestly sceptical about a company offering a F2P mmorpg: Strikes me as very "disposable". Interested that SOE has proclaimed this is the future for their titles and to see how it works (same with PS2 and Red5's Firefall) - though for FPS-mmos maybe F2P is a better match?

  • DibdabsDibdabs FelvershamPosts: 2,699Member Uncommon
    Your teeny-tiny petition will never even attract their attention.  You are utterly insignificant to them.  It's a FREE game, so  just delete it, forget it and move on.
  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye jarrowPosts: 1,016Member
    Best way to voice your disaproval is not to play their game.
  • itchmonitchmon west islip, NYPosts: 1,781Member Uncommon
    i cant speak of vindictus but i bet you'd get more signs if you included the main beefs of other nexon games.   for example the casino nature of atlantica's cash shop which is famous for driving people away from what is, at the core, a great game.

    RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

    Currently Playing EVE, DFUW

    Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

    Dwight D Eisenhower

    My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

    Henry Rollins

  • AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Edmonton, ABPosts: 353Member

    LOL.

     

    You really think what 10000, 100000 or even 1 million people say will influence how nexon does buisness?

     

    U don't like how they treat thier customers, don't be a customer. Its simple as that.

     

    NOTHING else will infuence them(And even thats HIGHLY unlikly) but at least as a non-customer, you will be free from thier bullshit.

  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Arkham, VAPosts: 10,910Member Common

    I get change.org emails on a regular basis. Here's a list of some petitions I have in my inbox right now:

    * Women in the Democratic Republic of the Congo are routinely brutalized, ----ed and killed by the soldiers. The age of the women isn't relevant, they are all targets.

    * Trying to get the FDA to approve a medication that allows children with a certain type of muscular dystrophy to walk, when it would otherwise be impossible.

    * A horseback riding and therapy center for autistic children is trying to stop themselves from being shutdown because the bank sold the loan to a load company.

    And then there's the petition in this thread.

    If the game is bad, don't buy the game. That's the appropriate response in a free market economy.

    I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

  • dinamsdinams Muriae, VAPosts: 1,362Member

    Nexon america only fucks you now

    Nexon america has been fucking me forever since their IP ban policy has went on air

    "It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

  • ScalplessScalpless SnowballvillePosts: 1,426Member Uncommon
    Doesn't Vindicus use peer2peer? Not that I've played it much or lately, but IIRC you only use Nexon's servers when you're in a town.
  • DisdenaDisdena Troy, NYPosts: 1,093Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky
    I applaud your passion, but...
    To:
    Nexon America
    I have played Vindictus since the start of Closed Beta and over the years the quality of the game servers have plummeted to various lows, and i am fed up with it.
    But because i enjoy the game so much, i am not going to simply abandon it like others have. Sincerely,
    [Your name]

    Can only closed beta testers sign this petition? That kind of limits those who can sign, doesn't it? Otherwise they are liars if they sign it. If they cared, would this be a problem?
    Are you paying them money or playing for free?
    How about all the other signers?
    What are you threatening them with if they don't comply with your demands of them?
    What are you offering them if they do comply?
    Do you think they are aware of the problems or not?
    Nexon America is a business, not a Government agency that caters to special interest groups. Just like NCSoft (with the CoH closing petition), it does absolutely nothing. *You* have no say in the way they run their business, other than not playing their games. They don't answer to *you* or however many sign this. They answer to their board of directors and investors. I have been in customer service for many years and know that customers that demand things from a business are the worst customers a business can have. They end up costing the business much more than they give back. This reminds me of a "hot topic" awhile back in my community. Rush Limbaugh said something offensive. *gasp* Like that isn't to be expected. All these left wingnuts who never listen to the show, nor patronize his sponsors, threaten the local station that carries his show with what? To not listen and support the advertisers with their business that they don't even do now anyways? Petitions have their place. And when used correctly, they can work wonders. Usually in letting the Government know that the populace so terribly represented by people they voted for is not happy. Petitions have NO place dictating to businesses how to run their show. None of them answer to *you* (general you, in this case).

    I have quoted your post, and highlighted all the parts I agreed with in green.

    image
  • WarbandWarband ChesterPosts: 723Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Scalpless
    Doesn't Vindicus use peer2peer? Not that I've played it much or lately, but IIRC you only use Nexon's servers when you're in a town.

    You use there servers in town and during royal raids, everything else you either host it yourself (which strains your internet) or use some elses (which strains theres). That means by it's very nature this will provide with you with an uneven lag though you an eliminate most of this by having a good internet connection and hosting stuff yourself.

     

    However during times of high traffick (e.g new class or season), Nexon's match making system does crash preventing you from joining other peoples games or making your own.

  • DukeDuDukeDu SorocabaPosts: 73Member
    They IP block my country on top of that.
  • WarbandWarband ChesterPosts: 723Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DukeDu
    They IP block my country on top of that.

     There's a reason for that. Vindictus is quite litterally uses the hosts computers as a server relying on there internet speed. Meaning if you tried to host a game it'd terrible for anyone else trying join in that game. and if you log into some else game you would put in extra strain on there computer affecting the experience for them any anoyone they're with. It's annoying but they're not just randomly blocking you for no reason. It's just a major design issue with the game.

  • Chivalry1978Chivalry1978 Vandergrift, PAPosts: 184Member

    Nexon has long been known to be one of the worst providers of f2p games. When it was announced the aquired the license for Navy field 2 many die hard Navy field players said they would not touch it. I was willing to give nexon credit and hope they leaned from the past. That they would ensure the Legacy of Navy field would continue and bring forth a new era in historical naval combat. I was mistaken.

    Nexon put several demands on SD enternet that required some make shift coding of the game which in turn has made it unstable on a good day. Part of this was a constant drain on two core stats needed to play your ship. Morale and Stamina. While many f2p games have such aspect they also have a relatively decent regen rate or if you subscribe no drain at all. Instead Nexon wants you to constantly buy items that have a 7 day life span. thus forcing you to shell out money to the tune of about 60 a month. One of the great aspects of Nf was you didnt need to spend alot in order to be good at it or even survive. And most of the players would continue to spend money to support it because they felt they were getting their money's worth.

    Now Nf2 is available in Europe, and Japan. NA had a cbt over 2 months ago and since then has not gotten word 1 about a obt, a website with a forum, hell they dont even have a twitter feed. There is absolutely no interactions with the community other then banning players off their face book for asking why is it taking so long when others had a short turn around. And to make this worse they have region restricted the games so you cant even play in the eu with your friends like we use to do in Nf1. Nexon doesnt care about its customers. Only their money. To bad they missed that important lesson in school about keeping your customer base happy. 

    So I call apon everyone to stop supporting Nexon. Do not play their games, Do not pay them money, Let them fall. They are already over extended in aquisitions and we can bring them fall just like thq fell. If these companies want our money, they better start acting like it and start treating us right. And if not. We bring them down. Fuck a petition. Cash speaks volumes. So starve them out and you will see a change. And if not well at least its one more parasitic mmo company gone.

     

  • yucklawyersyucklawyers nowhere, ALPosts: 170Member Uncommon

    Nexon are simply one of the greediest publishers out there and will milk their suckers dry.

     

    That's all.

  • ray12kray12k riverside, CAPosts: 450Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    Originally posted by Neoyoshi
    Has anyone even ever tried speaking against Nexon? i mean they are just a Company filled with people. It's not like they are "God's" or anything.   Is it me or do people tend to assume nothing can be done?

    People who don't really have a reason to care as long as they are getting their paychecks. Working in the mmorpg industry for a publisher, is not exactly a dream job.  It is not like Nexon is SquareEnix.

    nexon at a whole only rehashes asian mmos. The western market gets the 3 day old sushi...

  • RaquisRaquis hartenbosPosts: 617Member Uncommon

    nexon refuses to let us play in south-Africa the eu server whats wrong with them.

    I don't know if other countries can play outside of the usa.

    nexon you suck so bad.

  • MacroPlanetMacroPlanet Posts: 1,077Member Uncommon
    Tried this game and realized I cannot stand item market games.  The world reminded me of a chat room.  Plus I have a problem being charged $15 to just change my hair and outfit.  Uninstall.
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.