Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What games are you currently playing and why? [January]

Comments

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Age of Wushu russian server. Because game is amazing
  • PhoenixC13PhoenixC13 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    WoW just to raid with friends.   Tourch Light 2 its everyting D3 should have been.  Lastly I started messing around with Fallout 3 again.

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121
    Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
  • luclinraiderluclinraider Member UncommonPosts: 96

Dragon Nest and Blade and Soul Atomix Private Server.

Why?  Because they are the only true skill based combat systems out there.

Yes, Dragon Nest skill is Juggling...but that doesnt mean its not skill. WAY more skill than "Hey, I can smash my 1 and 2 keys faster and harder than you can."

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by spookydom

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition = Needs a player made patch and mouse fix to get it to play otherwise a total waste of money. Makes me go ARGHHHHH! YOU MOTHERF$%^ER! a lot but can't stop playing.

oops, forgot to add to my list "Dark Souls"

Here is your patch http://darksouls.nexusmods.com/mods/28/?tab=3&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmodimages%2F%3Fuser%3D0%26id%3D28

Oh, and now that I think about it "also Baldur's Gate"

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

salem: because i havent been PKed yet

saints row the third: cause i enjoy stealing military grade helos and randomly blowing stuff up for lulz

fallout new vegas: for the simple fact its fallout and i get to do what i want to anyone i want lol

then there is OTTD and towns. for casual relaxion and stronghold kingdoms cause i got bored with WoT for now 

long story short not enough good mmo games out there right now b2p/f2p/p2p to make me interested in playing them. and most FPS are now modern repeat crap trying emulate CoD garbage that i would sooner bleach my brain then play them.

~wishing for EoN >>" and CoH2~

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Lotro - slow paste & relaxing game, with great story and good community
  • SeiTieSSeiTieS Member Posts: 21

HoN, L2, HaVrvest Moon (haha just to be different), Maestia and RO2 soon.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

TSW - Never played a game that i enjoyed as much however being at the max of content its mainly just doing the Nightmare runs that i log in for and new content upon announce

Age Of Wushu - My sandbox kick, Love the game. Love the people, Love the theme. And love kidnapping other players and selling them into prostituion

Smite - Just started playing this one and enjoying it, probubly wont last long.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - Because its the best fighter on the market and will never put down that crown.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• ketzerei84ketzerei84 Member UncommonPosts: 81

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

The Secret World

Skyrim

Because I'm in the mood for a classic that had a really good facelift(VG), something new(TSW) and something fun to dick around on when I dont feel like getting on an MMO(Skyrim). Also, because I'm waiting for something amazing to come out, something that blows my socks off and takes over my life for months on end... like EverQuest did back in the day. Until then, I'm playing existing titles that I find interesting.

Playing: Secret World: Legends

Waiting for: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

• iQueiQue Member Posts: 1

Guild Wars

Forsaken World

Aika Online

socom

Black Ops

• Saur0nSaur0n Member UncommonPosts: 114
    UO

DCUO

LOTRO

STO

Baldurs Gate Enhanced

Mechwarrior Online

Hawken

GW2

World of Warplanes

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842

Mechwarrior Online - Big robots & big guns is fun, though the game just needs so much more content for our relationship to last.

The Secret World - Currently the best mmorpg that has the guts to take small steps out of the boring concept every other mmorpg follows.

Neverwinter Nights 2 - Best community in any online game, dnd-rules, persistant worlds, players communicate with each others.

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541
    • Planetside 2
    • Warframe Beta (fun game, reminds me of a better more developed version of ME3 multi-player)
    • Started on Farcry 3
    • About to start on Dishonored
    • GW2 now and then, having a burn-out-break.
    • Briefly tried Necron 2 and so far it seems awesome. If you love sci-fi and can live with out-dated graphics, i'd recomend it for "old-schoolers".
  • SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257

The Secret World.

Will probably reinstall SWTOR to see what's the game like after about 10 months that I haven't played it.

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219
    Originally posted by spookydom

After my finances taking a massive dent in the recent Steam sale I am playing the following.

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition = Needs a player made patch and mouse fix to get it to play otherwise a total waste of money. Makes me go ARGHHHHH! YOU MOTHERF$%^ER! a lot but can't stop playing.

Football Manager 2013 = The destroyer of relationships and bringer of  work sick days to all football loving Englishmen everywhere since the 1990's

Crusader Kings 2 = It has a Game Thrones Mod

Medieval Total War 2: Kingdoms = It has a Game Of Thrones Mod where you can be the Targaryens

Tropico 4  = I would have made a great dictator

TSW = I love it

rofl! (& failure of exams..) - like one of those Kronnenburg ads: "...Since: Mille six cent soixante quatre"

Tempted by Crusader Kings 2 = Game Of Thrones Mod. 

=

Seeing where Topia Online is at and will try the alpha/beta.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Super  Mario 3d Land. Not joking. Lol.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by Scarfe
    Skyrim, AoC, P101, but mostly nothing at the moment, nothing is really grabbing me. 
    Just curious, Scarfe, are you playing P101 because of the MMORPG Player's Choice award? Or have you been playing before this?

Me, I'm back into Skyrim since purchasing Dawnguard and Hearthfire recently. Haven't had an inkling to MMO this year. All 8 days of it :)

I'm also dabbling in Madden on the X-Box occasionally and Ticket to Ride.

I also bought a bundle of games from gog.com that I will be getting into once my Skyrim wanes a little. Some of the titles: The whole Might and Magic series; The whole heroes of Might and Magic series; Lords of Magic; Lords of the Realm series; and Thief 1 and 2 and Gold.

I'll be busy for awhile :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Guild Wars 2, cause it is great all around, just wish I felt more drawn into endgame PvP.

World of Tanks, well to PvP in a fast random manner without having to talk to anyone.

Eve Online, just click training, yeah..that is it right now.

• a63ntorangea63ntorange Member Posts: 26
    SWGEMU because its free, and brings back what was outstanding in mmo's.  Open persistant world, open world pvp, sandbox crafting economy etc. You cant beat that, and noone else is even trying. Oh and its free.
  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

GW2 and EVE, because both are unique and engaging.

Chivalry, because it's the best multiplayer slasher I've played in ages.

Far Cry 3, because it's fun and pretty, even though it's a bit too easy for me.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    GW2 / NBA 2k13 / FIFA / COD / BF / League of Legends / Drox Operative (soon)

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• bugse82bugse82 Member UncommonPosts: 184

The Witcher and i plan to play Oblivion after that.

Why?

Cus i'm sick of crappy MMOs...

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    I don't know why but for some reason I fell back into DCUO.  Been playing that for a week or so

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

Gw2 - The run for Legendary.

Warband: cRPG - DAT combat

Torchlight2 - your daily dose of dungeonm crawler

Kingdoms of Amalur: 60hrs - half game

Carmageddom 2 - Daily dose of "WTF?"

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.