Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is Blizzard's TITAN Going To Be?

1235»

Comments

• PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

Originally posted by endgame1
    Titan is going to be a social/casual MMO, possibly browser based...futuristic looking...(with) product placement in it.

Social/Casual/Mobile games have the biggest player base, with hundreds of millions of people playing them. MMO players are easy to monetize, and spend more money on gaming than any other gaming demographic. The holy grail for gaming corporations is to have a casual/social/mobile MMO that potentially appeals to tens of millions of players, with all sorts of monetization schemes plus ad revenue in place to reap as much profit as possible. Whether this will work for Blizzard or not remains to be seen. 

This^. Although I'd guess the game will be made up of modules which can operate on all platforms.

Want to play a simplistic space rail shooter on your iphone at work? Titan will do it. You're a fem and you want to buy the latest fashions in the item mall, then show your character off modeling them to all your Facebook friends? Titan will be there again. Teen chat and dating lobbies? Yes. Both zombies and vampires? Absolutely. Apps that will instantly email summaries of all your little adventures to everyone in your contact book? Yes again. Ways in game to buy instant Justin Bieber news alerts? Yes. Etc...

• LizardoneLizardone Member Posts: 93
    I voted Sci-Fi. Probably the game will be a mix of Star Trek/SWTOR with steroids and lots of dumbed down gameplay. Chances are the game will feature FPS. Although I would like to see a high quality RTS.
  • dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

I speculate that the current TITAN is some kind of spin off of the original HALO MMOFPS concept also known as TITAN.

But going in a somewhat new dirrection with new IP and such(Think of original Blizzard Warhammer RTS which converted to a new IP known as Warcraft for a historic understand of how this works), and going both PS4 and 720

This is quite likely.

Brand new IP doesn't mean as much when coming from Blizzard (who copied Warhammer).

Could very well be a spin off of an existing IP - albeit not their own!

Warhammer 40k "spin/rip off" would fit PERFECTLY with everything we know so far - broad, mass appeal (close enough to WoW), sci-fi, shooter, spin off, "brand new ip" ...

But wasn't Starcraft Warhammer 40k rip off, sort of? I guess that's not it then...

• Chief021Chief021 Member Posts: 107

It will probably be an MMOFPS Style, but think a little out of the box.  It will be something new generation probably set up across multiple platforms and you'll be able to be in the game mobile.  The mobile part may not be 100% interaction within the game but you'll be able to perform certain functions for your character on your phone etc..

It will be very social... something you are constantly connected too.

A PS4 ESO guild accepting applications at http://lowlyknights.enjin.com

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by zethcarn
    Originally posted by mgilbrtsn
    Originally posted by mmoDAD

World of Warcraft was not innovative, either. 

Boy are you a downer.

But he's spot on correct. 

The first two themeparks released within a month of each other.  Technically EQ2 was the first themepark, but WoW went even further into the concept than EQ2 did.  A game that basically created an entire subgenre, the subgenre that dominates the landscape today for better or worse, has to be called innovative.  

People just have trouble calling something they dont like as innovative.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    EQ 1 was the first themepark

Also anarchy online, daoc and city of heroes predate wow and eq2.
  • strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    EQ 1 was the first themepark

EQ1 was not even close to a themepark.  Themepark does not mean "not a sandbox".  Themepark is about hopping from quest hub to quest hub, getting your cheap thrills (instant gratification) before moving to the next ride.

The funny thing is, the first time i even heard the term themepark was inside of a sandbox (SWG).

and from what i remember AO and CoH were both mission based (as was SWG)