Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is Blizzard's TITAN Going To Be?

Comments

• risenbonesrisenbones Member Posts: 194
    Titan has so much miss information and general smoke and mirrors that I'm beginning to think it's just a clever way of some Blizzard accountant/bookkeeper of keeping back some of Blizzards money from Activision/Virendi.  It's like they are just sticking stuff out there that some employee has done as some kind of pet project/concept and see what people say about it while turning around to Activision and saying we can't give you all the money we are developing another game.  Couple that with they can't evan decide if it's a cross platform, mobile app, hardcore MMO or casual facebook game and well your guess is as good as mine whats actually going on.

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

There is nothing more dangerous than a true believer.

• OlgarkOlgark Member UncommonPosts: 342
    They will go for another World of Warcraft type of game. They will not break the mould  as they hope to re-capture the magic of the first game. Themepark MMO with some voice acting maybe. A bit like SWTOR if I must speculate. After a few months it will go F2P because it will flop like all the other themeparks that has been released since.

• SoleinaSoleina Member Posts: 9

The only Themepark MMO that DIDN'T flop, imo, was Star Wars Galaxies.

The only reason they flopped was because of the NGE implemented.

The Combat Upgrade was not a good idea either, but it was tolerable.

I can pretty much guarantee you that if they would bring back SWG before the Combat Upgrade, people would flock like mindless zombies back to SWG. I'm sorry, but it's all about the customization and Player Housing.

Swg excelled at that.

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489

It'd not hurt my feelings if it's a StarCraft game of sorts.

I'd like something original.

Or The Lost Vikings Online. That'd be quite sweet.

a yo ho ho

• hotdove911hotdove911 Member UncommonPosts: 19

I think it will be an new IP totally. Something people won't even see coming. Blizzard always gave good merchandise to the gamer community even before Diablo, starcraft and warcraft.( Which half the people think its their only games <<) 

I say this is gonna be something real good since Blizzard themselves said so. For me Blizzard never goes down on their words. Only the Hype people builds for themselves about Blizzards games ends crashing.

• SoleinaSoleina Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by hotdove911

I think it will be an new IP totally. Something people won't even see coming. Blizzard always gave good merchandise to the gamer community even before Diablo, starcraft and warcraft.( Which half the people think its their only games <<) 

I say this is gonna be something real good since Blizzard themselves said so. For me Blizzard never goes down on their words. Only the Hype people builds for themselves about Blizzards games ends crashing.

I spent countless hours on Rock & Roll Racing and The Lost Vikings.. my all time favorites which I still play to this day LOL.

• SiderasSideras Member Posts: 231
    Originally posted by Caliburn101
    Pick one - and if you choose 'Other', post your prediction (either IP or genre, genre-mix etc.)

TIT TAN!

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489
    Originally posted by Soleina
    Originally posted by hotdove911

I spent countless hours on Rock & Roll Racing and The Lost Vikings.. my all time favorites which I still play to this day LOL.

Rock N Roll Racing and Zombie Ate my Neighbors were the only 2 games I had a copy for Genesis and Super Nintendo. They were gifts, but I kept both versions anyway.

I think Blizzards always been capable of making new IPs myself because I knew about them from back in the day as well. 

Warcraft 2 is still probably my favorite game they did.

a yo ho ho

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    DUKE NUKEM ONLINE.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• SinizarSinizar Member Posts: 19
    ba
  • MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    Starcraft Ghost

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    To all those saying Titan will fail/flop - blizzard wont let it fail, if there is even the slightest chance it would not sail to the #1 spot Blizzard will cancel it or delay it, just as they canceled Starcraft Ghost & Warcraft Adventures and have gone back to the drawing board on the Diablo 3 PvP.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    It won't fail
    It will be a huge commercial success
    It will probably also be shite

Popular <> good
  • KwintpodKwintpod Member Posts: 262
    But Diablo III did launch, didn't it?
  • wireded21wireded21 Member UncommonPosts: 131
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Mass market, the equivelent in mmo terms of xfactor style shite in music terms, populist big bag of babb. Probably.

And it will be the most succesfull game ever in terms of both money and playerbase

haha

this.

• hardiconhardicon Member UncommonPosts: 335
    vaporware
  • LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    It won't fail
    It will be a huge commercial success
    It will probably also be shite

Popular <> good

This.  Either way, I ain't buying it.  Don't like anything Blizzard personally.  

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

Looks like most people have bought into the 'leaked' scifi stuff online.

For myself I don't think its correct, but we'll all know one way or the other at some point.

• Jwad91Jwad91 Member Posts: 5
    Theres many signs that point it to being a FPSMMORPG basicly its going to be Starcraft Ghost MMO
  • pmcubedpmcubed Member Posts: 289
    Originally posted by Magnetia
    Starcraft Ghost

I think this also ^^

http://titanfocus.info/

This sight seems to indicate TItan *could* also be for xbox as well.  Which is why I suspect Ghost.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by pmiles

Blizzard can't fix the fact that MMORPGs are tired and old.  Slap whatever coat of paint you want on it, but players are yearning for something new

Except for the millions that play and enjoy them apparently.

TV used to have tons of westerns back in the day... did them to death, now you don't ever see any westerns on TV any more.  MMORPGS are like westerns... they've been done to death.  In the end, any new product is still going to be a western... been there, done that.  It's only fresh and new to someone who has been living under a rock for the past 20 years or born yesterday.

Deadwood wasn't fresh? I disagree. I loved that show, thought it was amongst the best things I have ever watched on TV in fact, despite having watched 100s of Westerns before it.

There are has been a few Westerns made recently really in fact... Hell on Wheels? Seems to me that the genre is doing just fine in terms of lasting appeal.

You don't want a new MMORPG, you want something entirely new.  

No, YOU want something new... stop speaking for others and projecting your wants onto them. Everything you say is a personal perception of a burned out player. A lot of others do not feel the same.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Titan is probably that new MMOFPS for the next gen Sony/MS consoles that is being made by Bungie and Activision Blizzard. Forgot the name of it...

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by pmcubed
    Starcraft Ghost

I think this also ^^

This sight seems to indicate TItan *could* also be for xbox as well.  Which is why I suspect Ghost.

<blockquote> Titan is not a brand new IP, but a spin off based on one of the existing franchises (not Warcraft though).

</blockquote>

I keep tell you all to keep a look out.

Here I will try to fill you all in on some of my speculations.

a few years ago BUNGIE( the makers of HALO FPS)/MS wanted to make a HALO MMO. Code name for this was TITAN.

Soon later talk came out that this project was scrapped.  But Blizzard, BUNGIE, and MS all soon after started working on a secret project together as news revealed.

I speculate that the current TITAN is some kind of spin off of the original HALO MMOFPS concept also known as TITAN.

But going in a somewhat new dirrection with new IP and such(Think of original Blizzard Warhammer RTS which converted to a new IP known as Warcraft for a historic understand of how this works), and going both PS4 and 720

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    Originally posted by pmcubed
    Starcraft Ghost

I think this also ^^

{blockquote} Titan is not a brand new IP, but a spin off based on one of the existing franchises (not Warcraft though).

{/blockquote}

I keep tell you all to keep a look out.

Here I will try to fill you all in on some of my speculations.

a few years ago BUNGIE( the makers of HALO FPS)/MS wanted to make a HALO MMO. Code name for this was TITAN.

Soon later talk came out that this project was scrapped.  But Blizzard, BUNGIE, and MS all soon after started working on a secret project together as news revealed.

I speculate that the current TITAN is some kind of spin off of the original HALO MMOFPS concept also known as TITAN.

But going in a somewhat new dirrection with new IP and such(Think of original Blizzard Warhammer RTS which converted to a new IP known as Warcraft for a historic understand of how this works), and going both PS4 and 720

Its also a board game :)

But would be cool to have a halo mmorpg, long as it wasnt a fps. And had multiple planets  you could adventure in.

Just hope they dont make another themepark.

• MadatanMadatan Member UncommonPosts: 182

Warhammer 40,000.

Seriously, it NEEDS to be WH40K, for my sake. Please.