Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What game prompted you to create an account on mmorpg.com?

Comments

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    Guild Wars 2

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Torgrim

Well for me I created this account back in 05 as you all can see and that was beacuse I got a link from Dark and Light forum to this site showing off some new screenshots of the game.

So I desided to create an account and join in, man what a ride, I'm quite stunned I haven't been perm ban yet ( going thrue old respons i have made).

So a quote from Zion from The Matrix

WE ARE STILL HERE!

Made an account here after not liking how I developers were misleading consumers with clever hype. I learned to see pass hype,  from my experience in MMORPG gaming. And can't stand seeing them get other consumers with their marketing tricks. I like to see successful MMO, but not like that. Deceiving people, is just so wrong.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Swtor is the game i think brought me here. 

Then I heard about space combat on rails, and a lot of my excitement dwindled then and there.  Now that's a rather petty thing, but I began to wonder if they did that, what else did they do? 

Then I played the beta.  After that I decided Swtor wasn't for me at all. 

Regardless I've enjoyed being a member here for the most part.  The staff is pretty good, and the community has its ups and downs, but I like the site layout and all the information compiled here very much. 

• LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Made an account here because of Forum wars. I just lurked for a long time, but at one point someone said something so crazy that I just had to make an account to jump in on the fun! image

• MarirranyaMarirranya Member Posts: 154

and i wanted to just join in on the community so i can talk to other people heh :3

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com

• ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421
    It was either Dofus or WoW for me I enjoyed the topics thats why I am still here.
  • KenrichKenrich Member UncommonPosts: 127
    I was looking for reviews on a game called earth and beyond waaaay back in the day before EA became an evil game destroying abyss.  image
    o.O

• DrevarDrevar Member UncommonPosts: 177
    Don't quite recall, it's been so long, but something may have been going on over at IGN's Vault Network that made me look at other MMO sites.

"If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it."
    -Luke McKinney, The 7 Biggest Dick Moves in the History of Online Gaming

"In the end, SWG may have been more potential and promise than fulfilled expectation. But I'd rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."
    -Raph Koster

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Cant remember...but Pokket keeps me around  8D

Reading others responses though...i too am sure I came here for some contest or another.  I lurked for years and only recently got my own desk and computer at work and have been posting pretty regularly since.

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I think I made an account here to either:

A) Bitch about SWG (this was 2004 in the game's first year)

or

B) Talk about and/or get info on World of Warcraft (which came out in late 2004)

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by kenrich
    I was looking for reviews on a game called earth and beyond waaaay back in the day before EA became an evil game destroying abyss.  image

I miss that game...

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    Guild Wars. Was the first time I wanted tons of info on an mmo.

This. Even though my join date is 2010, I was reading this forum back in 2007, when GW1 cought my interest.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971
    ww2online and World of Warcraft
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

bloody hell what was i playing in 04 LOL :) must have been SWG.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971
     Its only 8 years so I remember almost everything, time runs fast except you was a kid/teen in this time =)
  • NC-JohnNC-John Member Posts: 113

Been lurking decided to give it a go. I Just feel this site is a place (regardless of your stance on gaming) you can speak your mind. of course you have rules to follow, but something about this site that draws you in, can't explian it really. it has allot of passion provided the subjects not a troll thread.

Glad to be here, glad I woke up this morning as well, so a double bonus for me today.

"Not even a cray super computer can make this game run well. Thats what happens when you code an MMO in pascal. " - miglor

• One day I was playing an MMO and found something was missing. I realised what was missing was a place where I would constantly have to defend my MMO of choice while at the same time be able to lash out in anger at all other MMOs.

When I found mmorpg.com, I knew my search was over and immediately signed up.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    TSW
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022
    After quitting Lineage2 i came here looking for new games,  but just after many years i decided to create an account to participate in the promotions... that do not let me participate :/

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

Was in college and babbled back and forth on the dev forums a bit. Overally my interest was as it is now. See how people behave towards trending games and pick apart the mechanics of them.

I generally just prefer talking about what's making the game work and how particular types of games play out. Think I've gotten more inclined to note my opinion on games a bit more often now though.

Think I was still playing Planetside at the time.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Really fun reading for me to see what drawn you to this site.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by maskedweasel

I think it was SWG... or maybe CoH...  its been so long...

Where am I?

Better question: where the heck have you been, Weasel? Pony's gone, Tard is gone, You've been gone......should I leave?

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252

I created an account ONLY to get a beta key for game, which I do not remember the name of. Then I also had to make a thread about a game and after that, I pretty much was settled. So here I am, every day!

This site and others often make my days, when I read about good mmorpg news, discuss on forums and so on! So, I am very glad that I made an account!

• SpectralHunterSpectralHunter Member UncommonPosts: 455
    I believe I was playing AC2 at the time and I knew there were other MMOs out there.  So I googled (or was it yahoo?) MMORPG and this site came up.  I was fascinated that there was an entire website dedicated to the hobby I was starting to love.  The rest is history.
  • CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

I started coming to the site in search of a new MMO home after I decided to move on from WOW (damned battlegrounds image) back in 2005.

I didn't sign up with the site until 2009, around the time the JJ Abrams reboot of Star Trek released. I did not agree with one user's opinion of the film and felt this bizarre need to tell him why his opinion was wrong, lol. I sure showed him image

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb