Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria: Patch v5.2 Teaser Trailer Released

2»

Comments

• MalacthMalacth Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Originally posted by nukempro
    Originally posted by Khrymson
    Originally posted by nukempro
     As for their being 10-11 million players...LOL...sure but let's be real and point out thats total accounts created...let's also factor in the bots. So if we are just speaking of NA it's more like 2-5 mil...still a huge number but not 10-11 mil.

Yeah, lets be real, you really believe that in the past 8 years there have only been 10-11 million accounts created total!  HAHahahah

There have probably been more than 150 million accounts banned just for being bots and gold farmers, and I myself have had more than a dozen seperate accounts in that time.  I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard has had more than a billion accounts created since launch.

And in reality who cares if Asian players don't pay a monthly sub, thats how their society works, they still have to pay to play which makes them a paid account.  And if they take a break for a few days or weeks its no different than a player in EU or the US taking a break for a month or three. 

Don't suppose you have a source that isn't blizzard themselves? And sorry, a guy paying a few bucks at an internet cafe is a bit different then someone buying wow + all expansion + paying a sub. I love when the red-faced fanboys come out to defend their purpose in life. Christ, I didn't even say anything negative...I simply told the truth. Wow is a generic, Ezmode, faceroll. designed to make nolifer tryhards feel relevant. THAT IS FACT.

This post is in response to - Khrymson

First off 10-11 million is NOT accounts created, as the accounts created for WoW would be nearing or passing 100million.

10-11 are active accounts, Blizzard themselves has said that an "active account" could be anything from a fully montly subbed account to someone that only pays for an hour that month. Which is fair, the game has still had 10-11 million unique accounts played that month. 

NA/EU are probably around 1/3 of WoW's playerbase, so more like 2-4million.

Okay, I'll agree that a billion accounts is nowhere near truth, and I'm confused where that information was taken from.

Tbh I only replied to you because of you saying this:

"Christ, I didn't even say anything negative... I simply told the truth. Wow in a generic, Ezmode, facerool. desgined to make nolifer tryhards feel relevant. THAT IS FACT."

First, you say you didn't say anything negative, but then you go on to sprew your negative opinion at WoW's player base.

Then for some reason you lied and said you told the truth, truth which you could never possibly know, therefore it is not truth.

And then again you spread your pathetic opinion (imo) and bash WoW players, and then you have the audacity to claim it as "FACT."

You are a loud, overbaring, narrow minded bigot. But then, that's just my opinion. 

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848

Why are people criticizing WoW for "not changing"?

Change the game - Oh my God! They changed everything, I dont know whats going! I hate this game.

Dont change - Oh my God! They didnt change anything, its just more of the same! I hate this game.

Its a good thing Blizzard doesnt listen to message boards.

• Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166

i dont c what ppl get out of this game i played it got 7 years before quitting midway in cata...after getting sick n tired of the same old same old "expansions" with every thing the same...

Cata expansion: we cant think of any new bosses HEY i know LETS BRING BACK ONIXIA AND NEF! oh and why the hell not let re-do ragnaros.....seriously im BAFFLED as to why ppl play this game now....MY MIND IS BLOWS FREAKING BLOWN!

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

I'm having a hell of a time getting interested in this expansion.  It's just so... dull.  

-Vanilla was kind of dull as well, but the game was brand new so everything was sort of exciting anyway.

-The Burning Crusade seemed really dull to me at first, due to the landscape being so alien, but the story was truly well-told and engaging.

-Wrath of the Lich King was simply amazing to me.  Undead, barbarian vikings, frozen north landscape, great lore badass, treatury, and some much-needed graphics upgrades.

-Cataclysm felt really bland, which was weird considering the whole world got messed up, but the overall story was fun and I liked some of the refinements to new systems they introduced with Wrath, such as group finder and the talent trees.

-Mysts of Pandaria seems like something only a mother could love, so to speak.  I guess if you are a really big fan of Asian culture and wanted something less subtle about it than the Night Elves, it might be cool.  Even art direction aside, the whole "story" seems to be lacking any kind of punch.  None of the NPC's seem to matter, save a few like Garrosh, and even his fate is already known.  Disposing of him seems about as exciting as taking out the trash; it has to be done, but it's not really interesting and certainly doesn't feel like a major threat.

You make me like charity

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by asmkm22

I'm having a hell of a time getting interested in this expansion.  It's just so... dull.  

-Vanilla was kind of dull as well, but the game was brand new so everything was sort of exciting anyway.

-The Burning Crusade seemed really dull to me at first, due to the landscape being so alien, but the story was truly well-told and engaging.

-Wrath of the Lich King was simply amazing to me.  Undead, barbarian vikings, frozen north landscape, great lore badass, treatury, and some much-needed graphics upgrades.

-Cataclysm felt really bland, which was weird considering the whole world got messed up, but the overall story was fun and I liked some of the refinements to new systems they introduced with Wrath, such as group finder and the talent trees.

-Mysts of Pandaria seems like something only a mother could love, so to speak.  I guess if you are a really big fan of Asian culture and wanted something less subtle about it than the Night Elves, it might be cool.  Even art direction aside, the whole "story" seems to be lacking any kind of punch.  None of the NPC's seem to matter, save a few like Garrosh, and even his fate is already known.  Disposing of him seems about as exciting as taking out the trash; it has to be done, but it's not really interesting and certainly doesn't feel like a major threat.

Have you meet master Chen and Lili yet? if you want story follow these guys - they show up all the time and drive the story line for the valley of the four winds zone, be sure to stick around beyond hitting accept as they do all kinds of things and fully voiced to.  As chen says "slow down".

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Originally posted by Benbrada
    Originally posted by Khrymson

Yet there are some 10-11+ million players that continue to pay and enjoy that 'more of the same.'   Its not always a bad thing and its not like anyone else has a better way of creating an MMO.  This is working and provinding Blizzard with a huge monthly check so why change!?

Well said... if it's making $$ why change? Not like they have any competitors with those subscription numbers.

True . . strangely I agree. . most games tank when they make drastic changes to improve the game - that players hate.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• AkumawraithAkumawraith Member UncommonPosts: 370

World of Warcraft started off slow.. just a few hundred thousand players in its first few years. Then it exploded in population. It was challenging, at times boring, The end game raids were amazingly difficult until a Strong group.. usually a high end guild could get them on farm status. Even then though wipes were common.

Then The Burning Crusade was released. This expansion got many mixed reviews. Personally I loved it to a point. It offered a new world, new races, a continuation of the story line from the Warcraft series of games.

Then Blizzard hit it with a massive nerf, removed requirements to access high end content. I still remember the first hour after the patch that nerfed the requirements. We were heading into Karazhan and needed a dps melle slot filled. We recieved a response from a rogue that wanted to join and were grateful.

Then it hit us. This rogue was in a full set of pvp gear, and after talking to him for a bit, we came to find this rogue had never been inside a dungeon since he had been lvl 16 and Had never seen the inside of a raid. This became a common issue for may months after the patch and things steadily went south from there. Then we had content updates and patches that added the Eye and several other major changes. Thisng went ok for a while...

Then Wrath was released. It was a Migraine at best... a nightmare at worst. Bugs were everywhere and content wasnt even working properly. if it was there at all. Speaking more directly on missing content was the addition of ICC much later in Wraths existance. This began a trend of blizzard to do content releases after launch. Which many of us have experienced much to often.

And those many of us also realized that with each new content update that was added to an expansion tended to cause problems in other areas of the game that typically went to the ignore box of devs. example:

When the Firelands Raids were released in full the cinematics of many lower zones became glitched. So many quest chains dead ended. Many bug reports were sent in over a 6 month period and Blizzard to this day still hasnt fixed them.

So one can only imaging what else will go wrong with the older content of the game with this new 5.2 addition. Speaking of which.. does anyone else think it looks like the pandas raided Zul ' gurub a few too many times?

Played: UO, LotR, WoW, SWG, DDO, AoC, EVE, Warhammer, TF2, EQ2, SWTOR, TSW, CSS, KF, L4D, AoW, WoT

Playing: The Secret World until Citadel of Sorcery goes into Alpha testing.

Tired of: Linear quest games, dailies, and dumbed down games

Anticipating:Citadel of Sorcery

• MuppetierMuppetier Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by Dantae87

i dont c what ppl get out of this game i played it got 7 years

That seems a little contradictory

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by Akumawraith

World of Warcraft started off slow.. just a few hundred thousand players in its first few years. 

umm, no.

You are not even close.

It was over a million by the time it was 6 months old.

December 2005, little more than a year after its release, it reached 5 million.

The rest of your post is equally as misinformed.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Originally posted by expresso
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

As far as trailers go, that one was pretty weak. 

I like WOW, but the storyline of MoP is the worst yet.

Did you not enjoy the master chen and lili story arc?  did you read the quest text? did you stick around to hear the voice over and banter - or just rush through it like so many others? me thinks the latter.  Questing in Mists is best I have have experienced in an MMO in terms of story and attachment to NPC's - but that's just me I guess.

I wanted to bash LiLi over the head.  I did not spend time reading the quests, but I never did in the other expansions either so ...

I though WoTLK had the best  storytelling.  But I was a big WC3 fan and was glad they finally continued the biggest storyline of that game.

My plan is to actually read all of the quests on an alt when I've run out of puggable stuff to do on my character.  But let's be honest, do we really need to read why I need to collect 5 poop piles or kill 8 tigers?  90% of the quests are like that.  The important stuff gets voice overs.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Originally posted by Dantae87

i dont c what ppl get out of this game i played it got 7 years before quitting midway in cata...after getting sick n tired of the same old same old "expansions" with every thing the same...

Cata expansion: we cant think of any new bosses HEY i know LETS BRING BACK ONIXIA AND NEF! oh and why the hell not let re-do ragnaros.....seriously im BAFFLED as to why ppl play this game now....MY MIND IS BLOWS FREAKING BLOWN!

you played 7 years and don't understand what people see in the game?  Maybe a lot of them haven't been playing nearly 7 years yet?

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

My plan is to actually read all of the quests on an alt when I've run out of puggable stuff to do on my character.  But let's be honest, do we really need to read why I need to collect 5 poop piles or kill 8 tigers?  90% of the quests are like that.  The important stuff gets voice overs.

Generally before I go digging in a pile of turds I want to know the reason before I do it

Have you meet master Chen and Lili yet? if you want story follow these guys - they show up all the time and drive the story line for the valley of the four winds zone, be sure to stick around beyond hitting accept as they do all kinds of things and fully voiced to.  As chen says "slow down".

Yes, I have.  And the stories are all still so bland.  Pandaria would have worked fine as a zone.  It's too much of the same thing for an entire expansion, not to mention the silliness of the game has reached new levels.  I know they needed to try and expand the game to appeal to the younger kids now, but it lost its focus as a result.

You make me like charity

• trenshodtrenshod Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Originally posted by Ingvar
    I'v always wanted a dinosaur as a mount!

Then all you ever had to do is play a troll. I'm fairly certain they had the raptor mounts from day one.

• trenshodtrenshod Member UncommonPosts: 128

Yes, I have.  And the stories are all still so bland.  Pandaria would have worked fine as a zone.  It's too much of the same thing for an entire expansion, not to mention the silliness of the game has reached new levels.  I know they needed to try and expand the game to appeal to the younger kids now, but it lost its focus as a result.

I like the Horde story that they are revealing patch by patch. Its already been revealed how it will end but experiencing the bits and pieces along the way keeps the interst building.

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271
    So much stupidity in this thread that my mind just buckled and decided not to say anything meaningful. It's all wasted, anyway.
    Originally posted by trenshod

I like the Horde story that they are revealing patch by patch. Its already been revealed how it will end but experiencing the bits and pieces along the way keeps the interst building.

I would probably be much more interested in the expansion if the focus was on the Horde vs Alliance stuff, without the Pandarian background.  It's just hard for me to get excited about finally taking down Garrosh, who's had a great story built since TBC, only to be constantly reminded of Kung Fu Panda.

You make me like charity