Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel Heroes: Closed Beta Key Give Away in 45 Minutes

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Gazillion Entertainment has announced that it will be hosting a closed beta key give away for Marvel Heroes on the official Facebook page. The give away is scheduled to begin in about forty-five minutes.

We will be doing a Closed Beta Key giveaway in just about an hour! At exactly 3:00PM PST/ 6:00PM EST/ 11:00PM EST, be sure to watch this page for a chance at a Closed Beta Key!

In order to redeem a key, you have to be registered for an account on MarvelHeroes.com and logged into the "Redeem Key" page, which can be accessed from the Profile section of the website.

We have included a link to EveryTimeZone.com so you can see exactly when this giveaway will be for you!

Head to the Marvel Heroes Facebook page for your chance to win.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WebzeroWebzero Member UncommonPosts: 33
    sweet
  • HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

Yes this is sweet. 

I do like the Diablo like perspective view I always see "Marvel Heroes" screen shots with.

• AarakianeAarakiane Member UncommonPosts: 6
    right lol
  • mobeastmobeast Member Posts: 1
    wait how do we get it?
  • AarakianeAarakiane Member UncommonPosts: 6
    its already gone....
  • WebzeroWebzero Member UncommonPosts: 33
    baah my hotel internet is horrible.  The facebook key was a race. Damn you Washington Sweets and your 1mbps!!
  • OtashiOtashi Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by Webzero
    baah my hotel internet is horrible.  The facebook key was a race. Damn you Washington Sweets and your 1mbps!!

It was pure luck, I entered the key 2 seconds after they posted it I'm running a 80MB download/4MB upload connection and still  was unable to redeem it even though I spammed hard... their website can't handle 2K requests ...

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Are they serious ? Activating beta key for 2 seconds to please few people and piss off the rest several hundered ? Ok , guess thats what you can expect from free to play games devs :)
  • shadowmageshadowmage Member UncommonPosts: 196
    Not your connection there site was slammed and a lot of people could not get in it seems.

Emissary of Istaria
    imageimage

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664
    This is kinda of funny.
  • EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Oh snit please i hope i get one
  • jimmytran80jimmytran80 Member Posts: 10
    Looks quite interesting. Hope can get 1 code to try it :)
  • iamrtaiamrta Member UncommonPosts: 165

facebook....

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    really not a MMO, you have to play with one of their characters, doubt this will be that good a game to start with.
  • NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    really not a MMO, you have to play with one of their characters, doubt this will be that good a game to start with.

If you can't make your own unique hero like in CoH then this is definately not an MMO. That is such a huge step backwards in MMO design. Marvel Heros should have been a single player game.

• bbethelbbethel Member UncommonPosts: 201
    Am I missing somthing ?? I cant find were the beta key link is. 
  • Originally posted by bbethel
    Am I missing somthing ?? I cant find were the beta key link is. 

that giveaway is already over. there will be one every day this week. the information is on their facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/marvelheroes

edit:

-We will be doing a Closed Beta Key giveaway in just about an hour! At exactly 3:00PM PST/ 6:00PM EST/ 11:00PM EST, be sure to watch this page for a chance at a Closed Beta Key!

In order to redeem a key, you have to be registered for an account on MarvelHeroes.com and logged into the "Redeem Key" page, which can be accessed from the Profile section of the website.

We have included a link to EveryTimeZone.com so you can see exactly when this giveaway will be for you!

Time Zones

<p fwn="" fcg"="">-If you weren't able to get a key during today's Closed Beta Key giveaway, don't worry! Not only will we be doing a Closed Beta Key giveaway every day this week, but we'll also be sending out more keys to those who have taken the survey, starting today! Check your inboxes now to see if you received Closed Beta Access, and if you didn't be sure to watch this page all week for more giveaways!

If you experienced an error, we apologize and are working on strengthening our site in order to make it more reliable for future giveaways!
  • UnrealRpgUnrealRpg Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Mmo means Massively multiplayer online. If you watch the videos they explain how other parties and players can pass by you while you're out in the field.
  • UnrealRpgUnrealRpg Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Originally posted by Novusod

If you can't make your own unique hero like in CoH then this is definately not an MMO. That is such a huge step backwards in MMO design. Marvel Heros should have been a single player game.

Mmo means Massively multiplayer online. If you watch the videos they explain how other parties and players can pass by you while you're out in the field.

• FallguyArmyFallguyArmy Member Posts: 80
    Originally posted by iamrta

facebook....

My reaction exactly.

• NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Originally posted by UnrealRpg

The term MMO is greater than the sum of its parts. There are certain bare minimum qualities that the game must offer before being considered a MMO. Being able to create your own character is one of them. By your minimal definition Dota could be considered as MMOs when it is clearly not. I stand by my original statement that this is NOT an MMO or if it is considered a MMO than this is a huge step backwards in what is now being classified as MMOs.

• DrakadenDrakaden Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Why can't they just give a batch of beta keys on MMORPG like most games? Why does it have to be so freakin impratical?
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by UnrealRpg

The term MMO is greater than the sum of its parts. There are certain bare minimum qualities that the game must offer before being considered a MMO. Being able to create your own character is one of them. By your minimal definition Dota could be considered as MMOs when it is clearly not. I stand by my original statement that this is NOT an MMO or if it is considered a MMO than this is a huge step backwards in what is now being classified as MMOs.

You should of told them you make the rules on what is and isn't an mmo. I had no idea, I'm sure they didn't know either.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by FallguyArmy
    Originally posted by iamrta

facebook....

My reaction exactly.

qft

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Hairysun

Yes this is sweet. 

I do like the Diablo like perspective view I always see "Marvel Heroes" screen shots with.

Well the game is also called: The Spiritual Successor To Diablo 2

So here is hoping too.....