Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What games are you currently playing and why? [January]

KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252

As the title says! 

I am currently playing:

* Thief: Deadly Shadows

* Morrowind: Overhaul 3.0

* The Secret World

Because right now I am in a mood of trying old classics and also something different, which in this case is TSW!

Comments

• skamperskamper Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Civ 5. Lots of people got it on sale and it is alive and kicking like crazy right now.
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

GW2: Because I basically love the game.

XCOM: Had heard many good things about it and it's definately living up to it. Lots of fun.

• Threatlevel0Threatlevel0 Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Originally posted by Kuppa

XCOM: Had heard many good things about it and it's definately living up to it. Lots of fun.

XCOM was great.    Would really like a more multiplayer focused version of it as well.   Me and my friends enjoyed playing against each other.

- Planetside 2:   Still fun playing with a friend in a Liberator.   Miss more vehicles though, and my server, Soltech, is really dead with the only action being on Indar.    

- League of Legends:  Mostly just play ARAM's now.   Never played ranked, but I still have fun on it sometimes, played on and off since beta.   Even winning normal matches sometimes though depresses me just because the rarity you meet people who actually seem to be having a good time rather than complaining or trolling.  

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    lotro,tsw,torchlight 2,two worlds 2.those are my main games..then after that divine divinity,beyond divinity.
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

EQ2 why 8 years of content, and I like the game.
    TSW - when I am very board and the eq2 servers are down and I don't feel like console gameing.

Halo 4 well its halo
    Skyrim Again there is still a lot of things for me to do
    Assassins Creed 3 yes why not its new

• ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    Skyrim, AoC, P101, but mostly nothing at the moment, nothing is really grabbing me. 

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• ichihaifuichihaifu Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Rofl. Why one plays games I wonder? Why do you care?
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

SWTOR - because I love it.

TSW - in a spare time, because it's the only MMO close enough to SWTOR with VO and story.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • fuzzylogic11fuzzylogic11 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    I am playing Wurm Online. Really enjoy the sandbox. Never felt such an accomplishment from digging dirt.
  • xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

Currently Pirate101, in MOOSHU and it ROCKS! 8 levels to 50!!!

Dust514...as of late...alot of time.. about to hit the 2m sp point!

EVE(mining bot for meh factories..)

cancelled sub this month LOTRO.. Turbine is getting much too greedy for my liking. Not the same since Warner took over.

I want a beta for Defiance! Anyone got one :-D

Ohh offline... uhh Suikoden and Fate :-D

• django-djangodjango-django Member Posts: 115

TSW - Playing this game as I find the gameplay, questing and story amazing. I got a bit burnt out playing too many Sci-FI and Fantasy MMO's, so this is a good change for once.

Bioshock 1 and 2 - Bought it for 10 dollars on steam, never played them. Awesome games though.

• the420kidthe420kid Member UncommonPosts: 440

Currently playing Realm of the mad god..

Its simple yet difficult and I love the rush of perma death

Waiting for Dark fall Unholy wars to fix bugs to get back into the beta action.

• ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227

Dishonored, Farcry 3, and SWTOR.

I play them because they're fun.

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458

SWTOR,LOTRO with a dash of EQ2 and AC2 here and there.

Also playing a little Skyrim since I never got around to playing it much.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

GW2 - There isn't a better mmo out imo. Like PvE and PvP. 

TSW - Nice change of pace

PS2 - BF3 meets MMO, not exactly but... close enough for me. 

Rift - Second best MMO out imo. Like PvP in here with the class system. 

Other than that just work related stuff. 

• quasar941quasar941 Member Posts: 159

WoW, because it's still better than any of the army of clones that it has spawned over the years.

Allods Online, because I'm having a lof of fun with it.

Everquest 2, just because.

Anarchy Online, because it might be 12 years older than it's younger sibling TSW but it's way ahead when it comes to depth and complexity.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Bored with MMo's at the moment

Playing FarCry 3 havnt played a shooter in a couple years and I've always been deeply involved with flight simulation "Prepar 3D" with the "PMDG 737 NGX" you could almost call flight simulation these days an MMO because you have hundreds of people flying online together with real people acting as the ATC through IVAO and VATSIM.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Skyrim for its open world, my hero getting to be the type of hero I want (for the most part)

Morrowind same as you

A bit of Aion and a bit of secret world. but just dabbling here and there.

I want to see the changes to Aion and I enjoy the setting of The Secret World.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

After my finances taking a massive dent in the recent Steam sale I am playing the following.

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition = Needs a player made patch and mouse fix to get it to play otherwise a total waste of money. Makes me go ARGHHHHH! YOU MOTHERF$%^ER! a lot but can't stop playing.

Football Manager 2013 = The destroyer of relationships and bringer of  work sick days to all football loving Englishmen everywhere since the 1990's

Crusader Kings 2 = It has a Game Thrones Mod

Medieval Total War 2: Kingdoms = It has a Game Of Thrones Mod where you can be the Targaryens

Tropico 4  = I would have made a great dictator

TSW = I love it

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

TSW: Love the Lovecraftian setting, dungeons, investigation missions, the ability wheel and decks, and the community

GW2 and LOTRO: The art and the free-roaming exploration.  LOTRO is huge!

WoW: Catch up with old guildmates, dungeon runs

AoC: Just giving this a try -- starting out

• FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616
    Football manager 2013,Age of  Wonders 1&2 with expansion because they are good :)

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

EVE Online - all the new interface enhancements and features have definitely made things a lot more intuitive and interesting for me. Also, with the new ship changes I have been refitting my existing ships to try out some new roles. I've avoided most electronic warfare in the past, but now that I can easily tell WTF is going on, it's been rather fun to experiment with.  Been playing it a lot more than usual lately. 

World of Tanks - I like the quick battles, stat/cosmetic customization and the general gameplay. 

Guild Wars 2 - Fun doing storyline and dungeons with the wife and guild, and fun just running around newb zones with my 6 yr old son. I also really like collecting the different gear skin.

EDIT: And some AoC on the side. :) 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Loong, eq2, currently playing warframe.
  • Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567
    Originally posted by fuzzylogic11
    I am playing Wurm Online. Really enjoy the sandbox. Never felt such an accomplishment from digging dirt.

^ same thing.

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2