Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Name a game that isn't an mmo, that you wish was

skamperskamper Member UncommonPosts: 252

Easily,

Borderlands MMO

This game would be beyond amazing in an mmorpg format. It would be something new and fresh that would make Firefall and Planetside 2 look pathetic.

Comments

• ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    Skyrim done properly, and not turned into WOW the Elder Scrolls which I fear it will be. 

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• slipstream909slipstream909 Member Posts: 1

Naruto

.Hack

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    Originally posted by Scarfe
    Skyrim done properly, and not turned into WOW the Elder Scrolls which I fear it will be. 

Skyrim done properly.

• skamperskamper Member UncommonPosts: 252

Problem, I have with this (while it is a good idea) is that Elder Scrolls focuses on you being the sole hero of the game. And this is the problem I have with TESO. It really doesn't make sense. It's like "You are the dragonborn", "You were chosen by Septim".. etc. It doesn't really make sense if everyone is running around being the dragonborn.

But the actual gameplay, mechanics and world would be an amazing place. I love the progression system from Skyrim in how you choose the skills you want from many trees. I think more games will be doing this.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • sixateninesixatenine Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I would Realy like the (World) of (TRON) to be a mmorpg All that disc fighting stuff !!  :=)
  • kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    the witcher..some of the characters in that game are amazing...lets do some plowing buisness lol!
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

this here , skyrim with mods for realism and housing is by far one of the most emersive games on the market today , but a lot of that comes from the dedicated mod community and not the actual game designers.

I cannot even play vanilla skyrim anymore i gotta have thirst hunger sleep mods and hypothermia and the new and improved perk systems . What an awesome game , I really wish mmorpgs would do this stuff also and make it fun in the process.

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

When I encountered this wish, I was playing Oblivion.

• guascoguasco Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Super Mario Bros. 3

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Can i do the reverse?

I wish tor is not a mmo but an online game with better more actiony combat.

• django-djangodjango-django Member Posts: 115
    A decent Dragonball Z MMO :D
  • YizleYizle Member Posts: 517

Mass Effect

W40k not done like the failure that WAR turned out to be.

• MystlynxMystlynx Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Shadowrun
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

- Mass Effect (in a different timeline from the Single Player trilogy)

- Starcraft

- Full fledged mmorpg of Hellgate London

- Neo Steam (it was a failed korean mmo that shutdown. I would love to see a good developer work with Atlus and re develop it from scratch. More steampunk and less fantasy)

EDIT: i almost forgot... Project Copernicus! D:

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

Thief: The Dark Project/The Metal Age

Such a rich world, it would be a fantastic setting for an MMORPG.

<3

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

Thief

Half Life

EDIT: These are tabletop games, but I'd love to see an Strombringer/Elric MMO.  Also RuneQuest and the Morrow Project.  And Traveller.

• Rew4nRew4n Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Parkan
  • IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

fallout. or failing that something like Future Cop :LA PD. 

or pong... just because pong is the best game ever. 

TESO would work fine as an mmo if you are playing as joe blow instead of the main heroe. like you play as the blades or town gaurd type classes. 

• NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Would really like to see an ElfQuest MMO done at some point. ElfQuest was first published in 1978 as one of the oldest fantasy universes. With now 35 years of lore and story to draw from an ElfQuest MMO would would have enough material to create a truely deep and consuming "World." It is the perfect environment for a return to sandbox fantasy.
  • PhoenixC13PhoenixC13 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Shadow Run.  I want it so bad...

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Tales of Symphonia

Kingdoms of Amalur

Pokemon

• pauly6478pauly6478 Member Posts: 276
    Far Cry 3 has so much potential
  • lqw6843128lqw6843128 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    The Sims 3
  • HenchdwarfHenchdwarf Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Originally posted by Novusod
    Would really like to see an ElfQuest MMO done at some point. ElfQuest was first published in 1978 as one of the oldest fantasy universes. With now 35 years of lore and story to draw from an ElfQuest MMO would would have enough material to create a truely deep and consuming "World." It is the perfect environment for a return to sandbox fantasy.

i demand this.