Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You're all SO cheap!

Cyphir9Cyphir9 Member Posts: 3

All I consistantely see on these forums is

I'll never pay a sub fee!

$15! no way, to much

sub fee and a cash shop.. money grab!

The entertainment you get for $15 a month is HUGE! if you play 15-20 hours /week thats 60-80 hrs/month (and most of you play a lot more then that... so you figure around .18 - .25 cents per hour. 

I spent $23 on two movie tickets last night plus dinner at $100+ and only got 4 hours out of it.... !

Stop being so @#%$^# cheap and maybe you'll get the quality MMO's you want. 

Comments

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Ummm then you must have also read in all these topics that it is not about 15 bucks but worth of those 15 bucks. I won't even throw away one dollar only because i have lots in my bank. I respect and value my hard earned money.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Because more money obviously = better MMOs.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by colddog04

How sarcastic are you being with that signature ?

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by DamonVile

I lost a bet.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    Ummm then you must have also read in all these topics that it is not about 15 bucks but worth of those 15 bucks. I won't even throw away one dollar only because i have lots in my bank. I respect and value my hard earned money.

Actually, many people have said they can't afford sub fees, which is why they play f2p games and want more games that are f2p.  I agree, however, that just because a game has a sub fee, doesn't mean its better than the games without one.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

I completely agree with the OP.

Unless you're so financially destitute that couldn't afford those movie tickets if you paid for your MMO as well, it's really not a lot of money for the amount of entertainment you can potentially get out of it.

• vgamervgamer Member Posts: 195
    Lol, send me $100 dollar then or burn it. Or are you TOO CHEAP?
    Originally posted by Ginaz
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

Actually, many people have said they can't afford sub fees, which is why they play f2p games and want more games that are f2p.  I agree, however, that just because a game has a sub fee, doesn't mean its better than the games without one.

I would say (guessing here) that people who have decent jobs and can afford monthly subs out number those who are un employed or just slackers looking for F2P games.

But then again like i said to me it is not about monthly fee (i used to sub to multiple MMOS and had 4 accounts in SWG) but no MMO nowdays is worth it Hell it could be as cheap as 5 bucks a month but i won't spend it if the game is not worth it.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Didn't you know? Playing ten mmorpgs at a time is the done thing these days, $150 a month on mmos is probably a bit steep when you only spend five minutes playing each one.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by vgamer

Trying to be clever isn't your strong suit. You might wanna gives your posts some thought in the future.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

Doing either one of what you suggested isn't entertaining.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

Originally posted by Aviggin

Trying to be clever isn't your strong suit. You might wanna gives your posts some thought in the future.

If you are lookign for thoughtful posts you are in wrong topic. OP is exaggeration and assumes that everyone who is against monthly fee is cheap. 

-Jesse Schell

-Luke McKinney

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Here we go again. Same flawed argument comparing mmo prices to other forms of entertainment instead of other video games.....

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by DamonVile

I lost a bet.

LMAO  

To the OP. I agree with the above poster that it's not about the cost but about the value. I am in a much better situation financially than I was when I first started paying subs and I assure you that me deciding to stay away from subs for now has little to do with the cost per month. I also choos not to be a sheep and fork over the $15 without questioning why is the $15 the standard and why do all sub models choose this number as a price because I assure you it isn't somethign they number crunch to come up with a figure that says this is what is necessary to keep our game moving in the right direction. When a game comes out that can justify the price and give me enjoyment enough to not even think about the money I am spending then I will gladly fork over the $30 per month (I play with my wife and many others are in the same boat so it's not just $15) to support the game. If you constantly see the claims in the forums then you can agree you have seen this argument enough times to know it's not really about the price at all.

Ad hominem attacks run rampant here don't they?

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

I agree. $15 a month is not bad compared to movie tickets. If you really cant afford $15 a month on a hobby, its time to get a new hobby.

Cash shops are not too bad in most games, they really havent bothered me at all and I have played more than a few MMOs. Spent a few bucks on some too.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

those that can't afford a 15$ a month fee are either still in highschool, or have some serious spending issues.

now i can perfectly do a 15$ fee for one game.....the problem is that more and more people can't play just one game for a long time. we are all add, and want to play multiple mmos. this is where it starts getting expencive. 15$ to play EvE for your sci-fi fix, 15$ for DF for you full loot fantasy fix, 15$ for Rift for your "WoW" fix, 15$ for Tera for your anime fix.....it gets expencive quick, especially when some of those games almost require a second account to be competitve.

on top of all that new mmos keep coming out on an almost monthly rate and you just can't keep up.it gets to the point where you want to at least try a game for a month or so before you even want to sink ANY money into it. this is where unlimited free trials are so popular now days.

the market is getting over saturated quickly and only the very best of mmos will be able to survive with a 15$ sub fee simply because competition is so fierce.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    I am cheap, I admit it, you have a problem with that?

• ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227

If you own a computer capable of playing current gen games and buy the box for $60 the problem isn't the sub fee. Players show up with cash to spend. The devs have to make a game that players are willing to pay for on a month-to-month basis. SWTOR is a good example. They sold over 2 million boxed copies. People were willing to pay them money. The game failed to meet expectations and they lost well over half of their initial customers. The problem was never the sub fee. It was the game itself.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by Daxamar

I agree. $15 a month is not bad compared to movie tickets. If you really cant afford $15 a month on a hobby, its time to get a new hobby.

Cash shops are not too bad in most games, they really havent bothered me at all and I have played more than a few MMOs. Spent a few bucks on some too.

Let's not forget you also have to pay for the box before you even get into the sub payments and IMO I lose interest in most MMO's before the first month is up. Sure you can say that for the value MMO's are worth the price for what you get out of it but I have gotten more out of a movie than I have out of some of the MMO's released in the last few years. 

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• vgamervgamer Member Posts: 195
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    Here we go again. Same flawed argument comparing mmo prices to other forms of entertainment instead of other video games.....

This guy understands it. OP's statement is flawed on many points (E.g. wrong comparisson, assumption that $100 for 4 hours entertainment is not outright scamming etc. etc.) Why argue with a troll (a bad one too, 1/10 for the effort). Just troll him back for shits and giggles and watch him crack under his patethic attempt at what seems to be an fulfilment of his desire to actually amount to something in this world.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    The problem is that there are not many games worth the $15.00 a month price tag anymore. I'm in favor of the subscription fee because I hate being nickled and dimed to death for every piece of content. 
  • XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    Originally posted by FlawSGI

Let's not forget you also have to pay for the box before you even get into the sub payments and IMO I lose interest in most MMO's before the first month is up. Sure you can say that for the value MMO's are worth the price for what you get out of it but I have gotten more out of a movie than I have out of some of the MMO's released in the last few years. 

Sounds like you choose mmos poorly.

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by Cyphir9

All I consistantely see on these forums is

I'll never pay a sub fee!

$15! no way, to much

sub fee and a cash shop.. money grab!

The entertainment you get for $15 a month is HUGE! if you play 15-20 hours /week thats 60-80 hrs/month (and most of you play a lot more then that... so you figure around .18 - .25 cents per hour. 

I spent $23 on two movie tickets last night plus dinner at $100+ and only got 4 hours out of it.... !

Stop being so @#%$^# cheap and maybe you'll get the quality MMO's you want. 

Bra-fucking-vo!

I am telling you... When the first MMO's came out they were $10/mo the somewhere early 2000 the industry price was raised to $15/month. By that standard games really should cost $20-$25 a month at the rate of inflation.

While I get that companies are doing more "volume" their budgets are also astronomical.

Too many cheap ass fukin entitled gamers that demand everything for free because Korea started churning out shitty F2P games so they could monetize the crap out of the hyper competative Korean MMO culture.

People will complain about games like EQ2 where you can literllay play to max lvl for free... Depending on how you play thats hundereds of hours of content to explore. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I want to play any race/class I want... and WTF bag space, and I can't wear all the best items?!!! SOE sux they are soo greedy...

Since when are gaming companies expected to be charitable not for profit organizations.

I for one FULLY SUPPORT paying for my entertainment. I would gladly pay $50+ a month for the "ultimate game".

People now-a-days also have the attention span of a flea on crystal meth and want to play 20 games at once so naturally if they need to sub to everyone of them how can they play?

Upgrade your paper route or move back to your moms basement, stop trying to stymie game progression with your cheap ass nature.

As far as those will say "If there is a sub I am not playing" GOOD!!!! You are not contributing to the growth of the game anyhow and they don't need you leeching off their labors. Better to have a game with a healthy sub base (100-200k) rather than a game with a million "accounts" taxing the servers for those few that want to play.

I am all for limited or free trials so you get to sample the goods before investing... But if it is something you like and you can't muster up $15 or there abouts then shit, you need a cardboard sign and a busy intersection.

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Originally posted by FlawSGI

I've been looking at this game for the past month only. It looks good enough for me to invest the $40--$50 on a box. They usally give you a month of play included.

This discussion has been closed.