Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Message to the Developers and Staff at The War Z!

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFqSx8mQ-S8

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

SlyJesse here and I have a message for some of the developers at Hammerpoint interactive for their game “The War Z”. I’ve played the game since the day it came out in Alpha and have been making video’s since before the NDA was lifted on your game with updates on what’s happening for people who were interested. This channel you’re listen to right now has gone from an empty account to having over 125,000 thousand views from The War Z video’s alone because I love the game and so do most of my viewers do to. I have a fantastic fan base and I listen to them and lately not just them but I have some major concerns!

Hackers:
The game is bloody unplayable at the moment. This is not because we can’t rent servers, play only PvE or work together. It’s all the hacker! I have 2 accounts I use because I like having 10 characters in different sections of the map to play when I like. Never have I had all of my characters on one account dead within an hour so I couldn’t use that account but yesterday I had all 10 of my characters die to hacks and spawn campers within half an hour. That’s completely ridiculous!

You need to add a lot more spawn points in the game and make it so when you spawn it picks a random one that is close to your body, not just the closest.

Hacking was a problem before but once you banned 3,000 accounts for hacking it quieted down a lot and wasn’t a major problem. Today however it’s worse than ever before and I can hardly play the game at all because I’m always shot from over 500m away from someone using an aimbot, no spread and ESP. I know it’s the last thing you want to work on when making a game and not the easiest but you don’t go on a holiday after releasing such a high selling game with so much work that needs to be done.

Future Updates:
I heard you’ve started working on a new map already. STOP RIGHT NOW! Focus everything on the map you currently have and the features that are coming out we don’t need another map until this one is complete and mostly bug free.

Here are some fixes that need to be addressed after hackers:
- Hills killing more people than guns do, You need to fix walking down hills.
- Some more open builds/ furniture if you’re bored.

Moderators:
I know Sergey has spoken about this before but you need to sort out your forum moderators. Some of my thread are getting deleted for no reason and who am I supposed to message asking what’s wrong with my forum post if it’s been removed or deleted for no reason. Other than that I’ve only had 2 good experiences with people. First a moderator by the name “TheVVarZ” sent me a warning for bumping my topic to much, Fair enough I was doing that and he was doing his job. Though he disappeared a day or two later and I made a forum post asking about it in case his name was changed or something and it was removed.

Also I PM’d kewk before the game was out asking for a way to contact for interviews and other stuff which he replied with the e-mail I needed to get in contact with.

At the start of your Facebook page the person was doing a fantastic job, Better than most other pages on Facebook but now it’s gone to crap. It’s not completely there fault though, With so much hate for the game I’m surprised there still posting certain things on there. Make it a bit more fun by posting videos, images and simple posts like “Where do you think the best loot place is?” or “How many zombies have you killed?”.

10 people you’re sending to LA:
From what I’ve seen you’ve already picked the 10 people you’re sending to LA before you announced it and there isn’t really a problem with that but from what people are telling me there mostly all streamers. You need to spread it out a bit more from just a single group. I’m not saying that they shouldn’t get it, Some of them do deserve to go but only a tiny percent of your consumers and potential buyers watch a stream. You need to diverse it out a bit more and in my option it should be a few streamers, YouTubers and at least highly popular person on the forum.

I’m not going to go around promote myself lots so I get invited, but I do consider with how much I’ve promoted your game and the large audience I do and can reach, I should at least be considered.

To list everything again simply:
- Keep updating the Anti-Cheat and ban hackers.
- Keep working on the map you currently have before another one.
- Keep working on the the features of the game before another map.
- Work out what’s happening with your Moderators and improve your Facebook posts.
- Stop lying to the community about everything!

Do get in contact with me please so we can discuss things and I can let people know what’s really happening with the game and what is being done. I’ve sent multiple e-mails to the press e-mail without a reply why not send me a message and I will reply. My YouTube account is SlyJesse and my War Z forum account name is Jesse.

Thank you everyone for hearing me out and I hope you guys share this so we can get some of the developers to listen to us and get something done. Thumbs up if you liked this video, Subscribe and I’ll see you all next time.

Comments

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

It's too bad about the hackers. I really enjoyed APB but the hackers really drove that one into the ground too.  It's too bad hacking isn't really thought of yet as the crime that it really is, because when you have a game like WAR Z that relies so heavily on pvp, hackers can destroy the game. 

Hackers, those using aimbots, wall, speed and teleport hacks have ruined so many games.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    Originally posted by Terranah

It's too bad about the hackers. I really enjoyed APB but the hackers really drove that one into the ground too.  It's too bad hacking isn't really thought of yet as the crime that it really is, because when you have a game like WAR Z that relies so heavily on pvp, hackers can destroy the game. 

Hackers, those using aimbots, wall, speed and teleport hacks have ruined so many games.

On a side note to that, I think that is one reason why I'm not particularly excited about F2P titles, as being banned in many cases means very little as far as financial loss to the hacker.  It really does ruin games even with a small handful of unchecked hackers..

• SwankdSwankd Member UncommonPosts: 243
    Sounds like someone is a little jealous that they weren't chosen :)