Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thanks for the great responses but I should clarify

Kamandi777Kamandi777 Fulton, MOPosts: 197Member Uncommon

In my original post I misused some words.  

When I said "twink" I meant leveling was not my goal.  My so called WoW twinks were level 19 and 29 toons with blues and not very many enchants.  I just don't like the grind.  In fact my favorite toon of all time was made on a server where I had no main, and by 29 I had mined and worked the AH to the point I had the blues I wanted.

I also said "ganker" and by that I mean a more PvP focused gamestyle.  I wasn't the guy killing noobs for fun all day in a leveling zone.

Many of the responses did seem to understand my main point.  I am not onto the grind.  I want to jump in and wail on peoiple win or lose.  

Thanks again for the informative responses!

• VolkonVolkon Sterling, VAPosts: 3,788Member

Well... levelling just will happen as you play in GW2. Practically everything gives you experience, and by design the levelling curve is flat, i.e. it should take about the same amount of time to go from 79 - 80 as it does from 29 - 30 for example. So don't sweat levelling.

For the PvP side of things... you really should check out World vs World. I have, without exaggerating, spent hundreds of hours doing that and it's still an absolute blast to me. Get on a good WvW server, such as Jade Quarry, get in TeamSpeak and in a guild with a strong WvW focus and go for it! 

By the way... you can level fully to 80 just doing WvW. You get drops, such as gear upgrades, off players as well. 

Oderint, dum metuant.

• srpssrps SetubalPosts: 114Member Uncommon

As you may already know, you won't need to level at all to play in sPvP ( coming from WoW, it means the battlegrounds).

Just get in the mists and join free tournaments or just normal BGs.

You will not level your toon or get gear for PVE WvWvW in there though, AFAIK.

For WvWvW you don't need to level as well, but you'll have major disadvantages there while you're low level.

You can level up in there only so eventually you'll get all your skills unlocked and decent gear to be able to go toe-to-toe with anyone.

People used to complain that you'll be broke all the time due to repair costs, I can't really comment on that since I haven't leveled up exclusively in there.

From my experience, money wasn't even a problem.

Hope this helps to summarize the answer.

• Kamandi777Kamandi777 Fulton, MOPosts: 197Member Uncommon
    Thanks.  I am watching all the vids I can on You Tube and ready to buy pretty soon.  Still recovering from holiday spending.