Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DayZ: Beta Imminent, Standalone Release Delayed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The DayZ team has posted a new blog on the official site. The post starts with stating the obvious: The standalone version of DayZ that was originally scheduled to be released at the end of 2012, has not yet been released. Instead, a limited closed beta is scheduled to begin "imminently".

Put simply, DayZ Standalone isn’t here because we had the chance to go from making a game that was just the mod improved slightly, packaged simply, and sold - to actually redeveloping the engine and making the game the way we all dreamed it could be. This blew any initial plans we had dictated to pieces.

Read the entire blog on the DayZ site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012
    Nice glad they are taking their time with this.

• RezoundRezound Member Posts: 8
    More small details like the inventory system to increase my excitement.
  • JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

i have very mixed feelings.

excited: this could be like Dayz with no bugs, more features, more enterable buildings, more buildable things, fixed characters on servers, maybe even bigger servers =gamegasm

worried: this is pretty much the same thing as Dayz, but watered down, with minor tweeks, a couple of fluff features and a new price tag of 50$=pissed off.

i hope....i hope Dean "Rocket" Hall stayed true to his original vision....

• WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638

I just hope they make the UI more friendly... because what I remember (3 months ago) it is very clumsy and makes me want to rage on my keyboard.

Good luck though.  Actually I wish good luck on both DayZ and WarZ.  I think they both have potential.

• FurankuFuranku Member UncommonPosts: 9

I was shocked to read - down with WarZ comments lol

• NonderyonNonderyon Member UncommonPosts: 189
    they dont have to be quick to make the game, longer its takes better become, altho i cant wait for it..this is a devil circle...